Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: BtVS Episode Endings elimination game

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 579 Posts

We have a winner!

+ Graduation Day 1
    - Bad Girls *dusted*

Graduation Day (Pt 1) : "Shoulda been there, B, quite a ride." - Stabbed, Faith falls back off the wall, landing on a truck passing by and Buffy sees her laid unmoving as it drives away. - 25

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    02. Bad Girls
    03. Lovers Walk
    04. Earshot
    05. Revelations
    06. Consequences
    07. Graduation Day, Part 2
    08. Anne
    09. The Wish
    10. Doppelgangland
    11. The Zeppo
    12. Faith, Hope & Trick
    13. Choices
    14. Enemies
    15. The Prom
    16. Gingerbread
    17. Band Candy
    18. Beauty and the Beasts
    19. Helpless
    20. Homecoming
    21. Amends
    22. Dead Manís Party

Results:
    Season 1 winner: I Robot, You Jane
    Season 2 winner: Innocence
    Season 3 winner:
    I want the fire back. - Buffy Summers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

StateOfSiege97 (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,356 Times in 5,070 Posts

Fab!!! For interest, our picks are pretty different from the last time an eps ending game was run. The winner then was The Prom with Dead Man's Party 2nd, Graduation Day Pt2 3rd, Earshot 4th and Bad Girls 5th. I hadn't noted where our first choice even ranked.

Okay, so onwards!

+ Primeval
    - Something Blue

The Freshman : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Camouflaged figures tazer a vampire and prepare to tie him up. - 5

Living Conditions : "You going to finish this?" - After putting her anger at Kathy on the soul sucking, we see Buffy's eyes narrow as Willow helps herself to the remainder of Buffy's sandwich. - 5

The Harsh Light of Day : "Yeah." - Buffy wants to take a walk alone and we see Anya and Harmony looking down walking alone too. - 5

Fear, Itself : "Actual size." - Giles shows Buffy the page on Gachnar that illustrates him to scale, she shrugs and closes the book. - 5

Beer Bad : "I might not deserve this but do you think that you could forgive me?" - Buffy knocks Parker out with the club, they all look at him then Xander guides her away. - 5

Wild At Heart : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After leaving Willow crying, Oz puts his bag in his van, hesitates, then drives away. - 5

The Initiative : Buffy and Riley chat, friendly but both being evasive still, Buffy tells him he's peculiar. - "I can live with that." - 5

Pangs : "Yeah, especially with Angel being here and everything." - Everyone looks down the thanksgiving table at Buffy. - 5

Something Blue : "You're gonna teach me." - Having moved as if to kiss her, Riley instead smiles and walks away. - 4

Hush : "I guess we do." - Buffy and Riley sit facing each other, having agreed they need to talk but neither saying anything. - 5

Doomed : Spike tries to persuade Willow and Xander to go out demon-hunting rather than watching TV. - "Oh come on!" - 5

A New Man : "I think you're probably right." - After discussing Buffy with Riley, we see Walsh enter a secure area then a room numbered '314'. - 5

The I In Team : Maggie is speared by Adam using the Polgara arm. - "Mommy." - 5

Goodbye Iowa : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Riley is bandaged on a bed in a guarded medical room in the Initiative, looking at Buffy's scarf still around his hand. - 5

This Year's Girl : "Five by five." Having smashed the gizmo after knocking Faith out, Buffy's reply to Joyce and her following smile looking down at the fallen 'Faith' as the police arrive, implies the body swap that's occurred. - 5

Who Are You? : "Fun." - The combined shot as Buffy contemplates Faith's exit fades to only show Faith as she is leaving town in a cargo car of a train, alone and looking lost. - 5

Superstar : "Mmmm... Jonathan." - Riley pulls back as their smooching rather than talking is disrupted, Buffy is teasing. - 5

Where the Wild Things Are : Unconvincingly, Buffy and Riley say what a horrible experience they had. - "It was bad." - 5

New Moon Rising : "Right now?" As Willow's smiles/nods at Tara's response to her offer to make it up to her right now, Tara blows out the candle. - 5

The Yoko Factor : Adam states he's been waiting for Riley as he turns up in his lair. - "And now I'm here." - 5

Primeval : "Burn it down, and salt the Earth." - After discussing the events of the initiative and deciding to shut it down, the tv screen that had been showing some video footage of the battle goes static. - 6

Restless : "You haven't even begun." - Buffy, drawn to the darkened bedroom as she recalls Tara's words, is framed in the doorway then turns and walks out of sight. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 3 winner: Graduation Day (Pt 1)
    Season 4 winner:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

StateOfSiege97 (Today)

Sunnydale High Student StateOfSiege97's Avatar
    Thanks

Many thanks, Stoney, for the report—the
    differences are striking...

With regard to S4:

I do love the ending of Primeval—not just for its
    reference to Carthage, which takes me back to my
    medievalist days, when I had to read masses of Latin...

But it seems best, at this early point, to spread the love around...

(Along with the antipathy... )

+ Restless
    - Where the Wild Things Are

The Freshman : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Camouflaged figures tazer a vampire and prepare to tie him up. - 5

Living Conditions : "You going to finish this?" - After putting her anger at Kathy on the soul sucking, we see Buffy's eyes narrow as Willow helps herself to the remainder of Buffy's sandwich. - 5

The Harsh Light of Day : "Yeah." - Buffy wants to take a walk alone and we see Anya and Harmony looking down walking alone too. - 5

Fear, Itself : "Actual size." - Giles shows Buffy the page on Gachnar that illustrates him to scale, she shrugs and closes the book. - 5

Beer Bad : "I might not deserve this but do you think that you could forgive me?" - Buffy knocks Parker out with the club, they all look at him then Xander guides her away. - 5

Wild At Heart : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After leaving Willow crying, Oz puts his bag in his van, hesitates, then drives away. - 5

The Initiative : Buffy and Riley chat, friendly but both being evasive still, Buffy tells him he's peculiar. - "I can live with that." - 5

Pangs : "Yeah, especially with Angel being here and everything." - Everyone looks down the thanksgiving table at Buffy. - 5

Something Blue : "You're gonna teach me." - Having moved as if to kiss her, Riley instead smiles and walks away. - 4

Hush : "I guess we do." - Buffy and Riley sit facing each other, having agreed they need to talk but neither saying anything. - 5

Doomed : Spike tries to persuade Willow and Xander to go out demon-hunting rather than watching TV. - "Oh come on!" - 5

A New Man : "I think you're probably right." - After discussing Buffy with Riley, we see Walsh enter a secure area then a room numbered '314'. - 5

Goodbye Iowa : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Riley is bandaged on a bed in a guarded medical room in the Initiative, looking at Buffy's scarf still around his hand. - 5

This Year's Girl : "Five by five." Having smashed the gizmo after knocking Faith out, Buffy's reply to Joyce and her following smile looking down at the fallen 'Faith' as the police arrive, implies the body swap that's occurred. - 5

Who Are You? : "Fun." - The combined shot as Buffy contemplates Faith's exit fades to only show Faith as she is leaving town in a cargo car of a train, alone and looking lost. - 5

Superstar : "Mmmm... Jonathan." - Riley pulls back as their smooching rather than talking is disrupted, Buffy is teasing. - 5

Where the Wild Things Are : Unconvincingly, Buffy and Riley say what a horrible experience they had. - "It was bad." - 4

New Moon Rising : "Right now?" As Willow's smiles/nods at Tara's response to her offer to make it up to her right now, Tara blows out the candle. - 5

The Yoko Factor : Adam states he's been waiting for Riley as he turns up in his lair. - "And now I'm here." - 5

Primeval : "Burn it down, and salt the Earth." - After discussing the events of the initiative and deciding to shut it down, the tv screen that had been showing some video footage of the battle goes static. - 6

Restless : "You haven't even begun." - Buffy, drawn to the darkened bedroom as she recalls Tara's words, is framed in the doorway then turns and walks out of sight. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 4 winner:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StateOfSiege97 For This Useful Post:

Stoney (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 2,180 Posts

+ Fear, Itaelf
    - Something Blue

Fear, Itself : "Actual size." - Giles shows Buffy the page on Gachnar that illustrates him to scale, she shrugs and closes the book. - 6

Something Blue : "You're gonna teach me." - Having moved as if to kiss her, Riley instead smiles and walks away. - 3

Where the Wild Things Are : Unconvincingly, Buffy and Riley say what a horrible experience they had. - "It was bad." - 4

Restless : "You haven't even begun." - Buffy, drawn to the darkened bedroom as she recalls Tara's words, is framed in the doorway then turns and walks out of sight. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Season 4 winner:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.