Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: BtVS Episode Endings elimination game

Thanks
    Thanked 7,948 Times in 3,807 Posts

- The Body
    + IWMTLY

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 24

The Body : "Where'd she go?" - Dawn is contemplating Joyce's body/her loss and reaches her hand out as if she'll touch her mum's cheek. - 1

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Forever
    05. Spiral
    06. Weight of the World
    07. Intervention
    08. The Gift
    09. Buffy vs Dracula
    10. No Place Like Home
    11. Out of My Mind
    12. Checkpoint
    13. Tough Love
    14. Crush
    15. Listening To Fear
    16. Real Me
    17. Triangle
    18. Blood Ties
    19. Family
    20. The Replacement
    21. Shadow
    22. Into the Woods

Results:
    Season 1 winner: I Robot, You Jane
    Season 2 winner: Innocence
    Season 3 winner: Graduation Day (Pt 1)
    Season 4 winner: Restless
    Season 5 winner:

Sunnydale High Student StateOfSiege97's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh Stoney

I hate to be the one to do this, but given your
    investment in progressive movement, I trust
    that you shall understand...

- The Body (where...? )
    + IWMTLY

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 25

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    02. The Body
    03. Fool for Love
    04. Forever
    05. Spiral
    06. Weight of the World
    07. Intervention
    08. The Gift
    09. Buffy vs Dracula
    10. No Place Like Home
    11. Out of My Mind
    12. Checkpoint
    13. Tough Love
    14. Crush
    15. Listening To Fear
    16. Real Me
    17. Triangle
    18. Blood Ties
    19. Family
    20. The Replacement
    21. Shadow
    22. Into the Woods

Results:
    Season 5 winner: I Was Made to Love You

Thanks
    Thanked 12,945 Times in 5,383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfSiege97 View Post
    I hate to be the one to do this, but given your
    investment in progressive movement, I trust
    that you shall understand...
    Ha, of course.

For interest we vastly differed from the previous time the endings elimination ran. The top five then were:
    1st - Out of My Mind, 2nd - FFL, 3rd - Intervention, 4th - The Gift, 5th - Buffy vs Dracula. Go figure.

Onwards to S6...

+ OMWF
    - Doublemeat Palace

Bargaining (pt1) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Buffy's claws her way out of her grave, out of the earth, gasping for breath and looks around fearfully. - 5

Bargaining (pt2) : "You're home." - After finding Buffy and begging her to stay, drawing her down from the collapsing tower, Buffy doesn't look at all happy as she and Dawn hug. - 5

After Life : "Never." - After stating she doesn't want the others to know that about her revelation that she was pulled from heaven and life now feels like hell, Buffy walks on into the sunlight resolute and alone. - 5

Flooded : "Um, thanks for taking care of this for me." - Buffy responds to a call from Angel, leaving to meet him and the scene ends on Giles and Dawn left with all the bills and the disarray from fighting the demon. - 5

Life Serial : "Knowing you're always gonna be here." - After telling Giles how safe he makes her feel in response to his financial help as well as sympathy/support, Buffy goes to show Dawn the cheque leaving Giles looking worried. - 5

All the Way : "'Bout what?" - Snuggled up together in bed, Willow smiles and closes her eyes as Tara's response indicates her spell to make Tara forget their argument has worked. - 5

Once More, With Feeling : "Where do we go from here?" - After singing together, the group number finishes as Spike and Buffy kiss passionately and an image of curtains closes over them continuing to kiss. - 6

Tabula Rasa : After the events of the spell and seeing the resulting departures, we find Buffy and Spike at the Bronze underneath the stairs kissing. Buffy pauses briefly before resuming kissing him. - lyrics: "You were the one I loved..."

Smashed : "You afraid I'm gonna-" - Buffy and Spike's fight becomes a passionate sexual encounter, as they fall through the floor together it ends with Buffy on top and the two staring into each other's eyes. - 5

Wrecked : (There are no lines over the final scene). - After relating to Willow's decision to give up her escapism, Buffy sits in her bedroom, the windows and bed festooned with garlic cloves, holding a cross and looking nervous. - 5

Gone : Buffy and Willow, somewhat subdued, state they've made good first steps after considering Willow's non-magical success and Buffy realising she no longer wants to die. - "Yay." - 5

Doublemeat Palace : "Here on out." - Despite being displeased at the prospect of aiming for a years of service pin, Buffy is resigned to her job and tries to smile at having got it back. - 4

Dead Things : "Please don't forgive me..." - After telling Tara about her relationship with Spike, Buffy breaks down confused and upset, sobbing to not be forgiven, whilst Tara tries to comfort her. - 5

Older and Far Away : Dawn is surprised and overjoyed when instead of leaving like the others, Buffy stays in the house. - 5

As You Were : "I'm sorry... William." - After Buffy faces the negativity in the relationship for them both and breaks up with Spike, she walks out of the crypt and emerges into the sunlight. - 5

Hell's Bells : "It's time you got back to what you do best... don't you think?" - After the aborted wedding D'Hoffryn looks to recruit Anya back to vengeance. Still in her wedding dress, upset and broken, she looks up at him, her expression blank. - 5

Normal Again : "I'm afraid we lost her." After checking her responsiveness, the doctor at the institution confirms Buffy is now catatonic to her distressed parents. - 5

Entropy : Tara comes to Willow and expresses the wish to start the relationship again, asking her to just kiss her. - Lyrics: "When we find that kind of love." - 5

Seeing Red : "No... no... " - Willow, overcome with grief and fury as she holds Tara's body, raises her head and her eyes that are completely black turn red. - 5

Villains : "One down." - After magically flaying/burning Warren, Willow's eyes go red again as she teleports away leaving the others staring in horror. - 5

Two to Go : As Willow seems to take control of the fight with Buffy she declares herself unstoppable, just as a blast of magical energy hits her and Giles is revealed in the doorway. - "I'd like to test that theory." - 5

Grave : "We will return... your soul." - Having successfully completed the trials, the demon returns Spike's soul with a touch that results in a fiery glow to his chest and from his eyes and makes him scream aloud. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

StateOfSiege97 (13-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,701 Times in 2,220 Posts

For interest we vastly differed from the previous time the endings elimination ran. The top five then were:
    Lots of great endings this season...and then one lame one, which promises a Buffy-Angel meeting as a big deal - which not only is not that, but happens off-screen and isn't even recounted.

+ Dead Things
    - Flooded

Bargaining (pt1) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Buffy's claws her way out of her grave, out of the earth, gasping for breath and looks around fearfully. - 5

Bargaining (pt2) : "You're home." - After finding Buffy and begging her to stay, drawing her down from the collapsing tower, Buffy doesn't look at all happy as she and Dawn hug. - 5

After Life : "Never." - After stating she doesn't want the others to know that about her revelation that she was pulled from heaven and life now feels like hell, Buffy walks on into the sunlight resolute and alone. - 5

Flooded : "Um, thanks for taking care of this for me." - Buffy responds to a call from Angel, leaving to meet him and the scene ends on Giles and Dawn left with all the bills and the disarray from fighting the demon. - 4

Life Serial : "Knowing you're always gonna be here." - After telling Giles how safe he makes her feel in response to his financial help as well as sympathy/support, Buffy goes to show Dawn the cheque leaving Giles looking worried. - 5

All the Way : "'Bout what?" - Snuggled up together in bed, Willow smiles and closes her eyes as Tara's response indicates her spell to make Tara forget their argument has worked. - 5

Once More, With Feeling : "Where do we go from here?" - After singing together, the group number finishes as Spike and Buffy kiss passionately and an image of curtains closes over them continuing to kiss. - 6

Tabula Rasa : After the events of the spell and seeing the resulting departures, we find Buffy and Spike at the Bronze underneath the stairs kissing. Buffy pauses briefly before resuming kissing him. - lyrics: "You were the one I loved..."

Smashed : "You afraid I'm gonna-" - Buffy and Spike's fight becomes a passionate sexual encounter, as they fall through the floor together it ends with Buffy on top and the two staring into each other's eyes. - 5

Wrecked : (There are no lines over the final scene). - After relating to Willow's decision to give up her escapism, Buffy sits in her bedroom, the windows and bed festooned with garlic cloves, holding a cross and looking nervous. - 5

Gone : Buffy and Willow, somewhat subdued, state they've made good first steps after considering Willow's non-magical success and Buffy realising she no longer wants to die. - "Yay." - 5

Doublemeat Palace : "Here on out." - Despite being displeased at the prospect of aiming for a years of service pin, Buffy is resigned to her job and tries to smile at having got it back. - 4

Dead Things : "Please don't forgive me..." - After telling Tara about her relationship with Spike, Buffy breaks down confused and upset, sobbing to not be forgiven, whilst Tara tries to comfort her. - 6

Older and Far Away : Dawn is surprised and overjoyed when instead of leaving like the others, Buffy stays in the house. - 5

As You Were : "I'm sorry... William." - After Buffy faces the negativity in the relationship for them both and breaks up with Spike, she walks out of the crypt and emerges into the sunlight. - 5

Hell's Bells : "It's time you got back to what you do best... don't you think?" - After the aborted wedding D'Hoffryn looks to recruit Anya back to vengeance. Still in her wedding dress, upset and broken, she looks up at him, her expression blank. - 5

Normal Again : "I'm afraid we lost her." After checking her responsiveness, the doctor at the institution confirms Buffy is now catatonic to her distressed parents. - 5

Entropy : Tara comes to Willow and expresses the wish to start the relationship again, asking her to just kiss her. - Lyrics: "When we find that kind of love." - 5

Seeing Red : "No... no... " - Willow, overcome with grief and fury as she holds Tara's body, raises her head and her eyes that are completely black turn red. - 5

Villains : "One down." - After magically flaying/burning Warren, Willow's eyes go red again as she teleports away leaving the others staring in horror. - 5

Two to Go : As Willow seems to take control of the fight with Buffy she declares herself unstoppable, just as a blast of magical energy hits her and Giles is revealed in the doorway. - "I'd like to test that theory." - 5

Grave : "We will return... your soul." - Having successfully completed the trials, the demon returns Spike's soul with a touch that results in a fiery glow to his chest and from his eyes and makes him scream aloud. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

StateOfSiege97 (13-07-19),Stoney (11-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,518 Posts

The last time this game was played the top three endings of season five were Spuffy endings...And this years winner wasn’t even in the top five.

flow
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    The last time this game was played the top three endings of season five were Spuffy endings...And this years winner wasn’t even in the top five.
    I know, as I said, vastly different. Although FFL did do really well this time it was the only 'match'. It's been interesting to see how different they have been each time.

Thanks

+ OMWF
    - Bargaining Pt 2

Bargaining (pt2) : "You're home." - After finding Buffy and begging her to stay, drawing her down from the collapsing tower, Buffy doesn't look at all happy as she and Dawn hug. - 4

Flooded : "Um, thanks for taking care of this for me." - Buffy responds to a call from Angel, leaving to meet him and the scene ends on Giles and Dawn left with all the bills and the disarray from fighting the demon. - 4

Once More, With Feeling : "Where do we go from here?" - After singing together, the group number finishes as Spike and Buffy kiss passionately and an image of curtains closes over them continuing to kiss. - 7

Dead Things : "Please don't forgive me..." - After telling Tara about her relationship with Spike, Buffy breaks down confused and upset, sobbing to not be forgiven, whilst Tara tries to comfort her. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:

Thanks

+Bargaining Pt 2
    - Doublemeat Palace

Once More, With Feeling : "Where do we go from here?" - After singing together, the group number finishes as Spike and Buffy kiss passionately and an image of curtains closes over them continuing to kiss. - 7

Doublemeat Palace : "Here on out." - Despite being displeased at the prospect of aiming for a years of service pin, Buffy is resigned to her job and tries to smile at having got it back. - 3

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:

Thanks

+ Grave
    - Doublemeat Palace

Doublemeat Palace : "Here on out." - Despite being displeased at the prospect of aiming for a years of service pin, Buffy is resigned to her job and tries to smile at having got it back. - 2

Grave : "We will return... your soul." - Having successfully completed the trials, the demon returns Spike's soul with a touch that results in a fiery glow to his chest and from his eyes and makes him scream aloud. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:

Thanks

+ Smashed
    - Flooded

Flooded : "Um, thanks for taking care of this for me." - Buffy responds to a call from Angel, leaving to meet him and the scene ends on Giles and Dawn left with all the bills and the disarray from fighting the demon. - 3

Smashed : "You afraid I'm gonna-" - Buffy and Spike's fight becomes a passionate sexual encounter, as they fall through the floor together it ends with Buffy on top and the two staring into each other's eyes. - 6

Doublemeat Palace : "Here on out." - Despite being displeased at the prospect of aiming for a years of service pin, Buffy is resigned to her job and tries to smile at having got it back. - 2

Grave : "We will return... your soul." - Having successfully completed the trials, the demon returns Spike's soul with a touch that results in a fiery glow to his chest and from his eyes and makes him scream aloud. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

+ OMWF
    - Bargaining Pt 2

Bargaining (pt2) : "You're home." - After finding Buffy and begging her to stay, drawing her down from the collapsing tower, Buffy doesn't look at all happy as she and Dawn hug. - 4

Flooded : "Um, thanks for taking care of this for me." - Buffy responds to a call from Angel, leaving to meet him and the scene ends on Giles and Dawn left with all the bills and the disarray from fighting the demon. - 3

Once More, With Feeling : "Where do we go from here?" - After singing together, the group number finishes as Spike and Buffy kiss passionately and an image of curtains closes over them continuing to kiss. - 8

Smashed : "You afraid I'm gonna-" - Buffy and Spike's fight becomes a passionate sexual encounter, as they fall through the floor together it ends with Buffy on top and the two staring into each other's eyes. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:

Thanks

- Doublemeat Palace
    + Bargaining Pt 2

Once More, With Feeling : "Where do we go from here?" - After singing together, the group number finishes as Spike and Buffy kiss passionately and an image of curtains closes over them continuing to kiss. - 8

Tabula Rasa : After the events of the spell and seeing the resulting departures, we find Buffy and Spike at the Bronze underneath the stairs kissing. Buffy pauses briefly before resuming kissing him. - lyrics: "You were the one I loved..." 5

Doublemeat Palace : "Here on out." - Despite being displeased at the prospect of aiming for a years of service pin, Buffy is resigned to her job and tries to smile at having got it back. - 1

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:

Thanks

- Doublemeat Palace *truly resigned*
    + Grave

Tabula Rasa : After the events of the spell and seeing the resulting departures, we find Buffy and Spike at the Bronze underneath the stairs kissing. Buffy pauses briefly before resuming kissing him. - lyrics: "You were the one I loved..." 5

Grave : "We will return... your soul." - Having successfully completed the trials, the demon returns Spike's soul with a touch that results in a fiery glow to his chest and from his eyes and makes him scream aloud. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    22. Doublemeat Palace

Results:

Thanks

- Flooded
    + After Life

After Life : "Never." - After stating she doesn't want the others to know that about her revelation that she was pulled from heaven and life now feels like hell, Buffy walks on into the sunlight resolute and alone. - 6

Flooded : "Um, thanks for taking care of this for me." - Buffy responds to a call from Angel, leaving to meet him and the scene ends on Giles and Dawn left with all the bills and the disarray from fighting the demon. - 2

Grave : "We will return... your soul." - Having successfully completed the trials, the demon returns Spike's soul with a touch that results in a fiery glow to his chest and from his eyes and makes him scream aloud. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    22. Doublemeat Palace

Results:

Thanks

- Flooded
    + After Life

After Life : "Never." - After stating she doesn't want the others to know that about her revelation that she was pulled from heaven and life now feels like hell, Buffy walks on into the sunlight resolute and alone. - 6

Flooded : "Um, thanks for taking care of this for me." - Buffy responds to a call from Angel, leaving to meet him and the scene ends on Giles and Dawn left with all the bills and the disarray from fighting the demon. - 2

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    22. Doublemeat Palace

Results:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 696 Posts

- Flooded
    + After Life

After Life : "Never." - After stating she doesn't want the others to know that about her revelation that she was pulled from heaven and life now feels like hell, Buffy walks on into the sunlight resolute and alone. - 7

Flooded : "Um, thanks for taking care of this for me." - Buffy responds to a call from Angel, leaving to meet him and the scene ends on Giles and Dawn left with all the bills and the disarray from fighting the demon. - 1

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    22. Doublemeat Palace

Results:
    Another world is not only possible, she is on her way.
    On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing. -- Roy

Thanks

- Flooded (drained... )
    + Bargaining 2

Bargaining (pt2) : "You're home." - After finding Buffy and begging her to stay, drawing her down from the collapsing tower, Buffy doesn't look at all happy as she and Dawn hug. - 6

After Life : "Never." - After stating she doesn't want the others to know that about her revelation that she was pulled from heaven and life now feels like hell, Buffy walks on into the sunlight resolute and alone. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    21. Flooded
    22. Doublemeat Palace

Results:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,878 Times in 2,701 Posts

Hey guys, the ending for "Bargaining (pt1)" seems wrong. The episode actually ends with the camera following Willow's magic as it goes into Buffy and resurrects her. It cuts out as she wakes up terrified in her coffin. She doesn't claw her way out of her grave until later in the following episode (it's several scenes in).

+ Bargaining I
    - Wrecked (for the ridiculous withdrawal "shakes" *sigh*)

Bargaining (pt1) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Buffy's claws her way out of her grave, out of the earth, gasping for breath and looks around fearfully. - 6

Bargaining (pt2) : "You're home." - After finding Buffy and begging her to stay, drawing her down from the collapsing tower, Buffy doesn't look at all happy as she and Dawn hug. - 6

Wrecked : (There are no lines over the final scene). - After relating to Willow's decision to give up her escapism, Buffy sits in her bedroom, the windows and bed festooned with garlic cloves, holding a cross and looking nervous. - 4

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    21. Flooded
    22. Doublemeat Palace

Results:
    - "The earth is doomed" -

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

StateOfSiege97 (Today),Stoney (Today),TimeTravellingBunny (Today)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    Hey guys, the ending for "Bargaining (pt1)" seems wrong. The episode actually ends with the camera following Willow's magic as it goes into Buffy and resurrects her. It cuts out as she wakes up terrified in her coffin. She doesn't claw her way out of her grave until later in the following episode (it's several scenes in).
    Thanks Mogs. The previous endings game chose to put Bargaining as one entry rather than having the part 1 ending listed too so I went by looking up the final scene by the buffyworld transcript of part 1. As I've only ever seen the show through my DVDs which runs the two episodes together I didn't pick up on it as an error. I've altered the listing.

I'm also down-voting Wrecked too, but because the very final scene of showing Buffy having opted to festoon her room in strings of garlic is a pretty daft way of looking to depict her trying to be strong against her own addiction.

+ Grave
    - Wrecked

Bargaining (pt1) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Magic is seen settling over Buffy's desiccating corpse in her coffin and life permeates her body again. Her eyes roll back and she wakes in her coffin, looking around terrified. - 6

Wrecked : (There are no lines over the final scene). - After relating to Willow's decision to give up her escapism, Buffy sits in her bedroom, the windows and bed festooned with garlic cloves, holding a cross and looking nervous. - 3

Grave : "We will return... your soul." - Having successfully completed the trials, the demon returns Spike's soul with a touch that results in a fiery glow to his chest and from his eyes and makes him scream aloud. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    21. Flooded
    22. Doublemeat Palace

Results:
    Last edited by Stoney; Today at 04:59 AM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (Today),vampmogs (Today)

Thanks

Perhaps if they were always shown together Bargaining should have been one entry? I'm happy continuing with them as we have them but we can change it to just the ending of the whole double if people would prefer.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

StateOfSiege97 (Today),TimeTravellingBunny (Today),vampmogs (Today)