Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: BtVS Episode Endings elimination game

Thanks
    Thanked 13,833 Times in 5,731 Posts

Default BtVS Episode Endings elimination game

Right, it's a new elimination game!

This time we're looking at the very final moment/scene of each episode. This isn't about whether you love the episode overall, we're trying to consider how well they finish it. Where there is dialogue the last line is also included. If the episode finishes on the dialogue that order is maintained in the entry with dialogue given after the moment/scene synopsis (because I think it affects the tone/emphasis of the ending).

Rules
    As with previous point based eliminations I think we should keep the same basic rules...
    - You can only vote after 3 other people have voted since your last vote, or 2 days have passed since the last person voted.
    - All endings start with 5 points. Points are reset to 5 for the remaining endings at a few stages - when there are 15 episodes left, 9 left and 5 left.

How to play
    'Reply with quote' to the last post and then choose an episode to award one point to and an episode to take one point away from (tell us which beside the + and - above the episode list). Update the points then post.

Obviously as there's information above just the episode titles this time, it is a very text heavy list, which is just unavoidable. The points which you need to add or take from are at the end of each entry. Please feel free to shout out if you notice any mistakes/omissions.

**It would be appreciated if you remember to scan above your post after you make it to check if someone actually managed to post just a moment before you, then you can 'edit' your post to amend the points to incorporate theirs too.**

**N.B. I've prepared these through to the end of S3 so far as it takes a bit of time and once I've done all seven seasons I'll edit this first post and put them under a spoiler here. Then, if a season concludes and I'm not around, someone else can come back here and 'reply with quote' to be able to copy the list for the next season and continue the game. EDIT: All seasons are included under the spoiler now.**

The starting entries for S2-7
    Spoiler:
    Season 2
    When She Was Bad : We see Collin looking at the damage Buffy has caused, The Master's bones all strewn/smashed. - "I hate that girl." - 5

Some Assembly Required : "I could walk you home." - Buffy and Angel walk past Daryl's grave hand in hand, having discussing the crazy stuff love makes you do. - 5

School Hard : "Let's see what's on TV." - Dru and Spike leave together as the camera pans to the cage and the steaming dusty remains of Collin. - 5

Inca Mummy Girl : "I had you to bring me back." - Having discussed Ampata's actions/situation against Buffy's sacrifice, Xander and Buffy walk on together. - 5

Reptile Boy : "I'll let you know." - Buffy is elusive about meeting Angel for a coffee date. - 5

Halloween : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Giles returns to Ethan's shop to find a note saying "Be seeing you..." - 5

Lie to Me : As requested, Giles lies about life getting easier. - “Liar.” - 5

The Dark Age : After discussing learning about Giles' past, he/Buffy bicker about music taste. - "I didn't hear that." - 5

What’s My Line? (Pt 1) : "I am Kendra! De Vampire Slayer" - Buffy looks in disbelief at the woman she's just been fighting. - 5

What’s My Line? (Pt 2) : "Like me!" - Dru tells Spike she'll help him get strong again as she carries him out of the church, revealing she's healed. - 5

Ted : "I mean, what is it with grownups these days?" - We look into the library and see Giles and Jenny kissing. - 5

Bad Eggs : "In a minute." - With Buffy grounded, she and Angel kiss through the window to avoid rule breaking. - 5

Surprise : After sleeping together for the first time, Angel awakes suddenly, staggers outside and falls to the floor crying out in pain/fear - "Buffyyyy!" - 5

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 5

Phases : Willow and Oz agree they want to keep seeing each other despite the revelation he's a werewolf and share their first kiss. - "A werewolf in love.” - 5

Bewitched, Bothered, Bewildered : "You can pretty much count on it." - Xander/Cordelia walk together after he reassures her they can fight around her friends if she likes. - 5

Passion : "Nothing's ever gonna bring him back." - The disk with Jenny's translated curse on it falls between the desk and the cabinet. - 5

Killed by Death : Buffy and Joyce look at the picture Ryan sent Buffy of her triumphantly stood over the slain Kindestod - "How... nice." - 5

I Only Have Eyes for You : Spike reveals he has recovered from his injury, angrily kicking at his wheelchair after Dru/Angel leave to hunt. - "Sooner than you think." - 5

Go Fish : (There are no lines over the final scene) - The three swim team members, now sea monsters, are seen swimming out to sea. - 5

Becoming (Part 1) : Whistler narrates about the big moments as Buffy races back to the library and is stopped by the police. - "You'll see what I mean." - 5

Becoming (Part 2) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - We see Buffy riding the bus and passing the sign confirming she's leaving Sunnydale - lyrics: "It's better this way". - 5

Season 3
    Anne : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Joyce answers the knock at the door to find Buffy has returned and they hug. - 5

Dead Man’s Party : Willow and Buffy catch up at the Espresso Pump, acknowledge their time apart, then teasingly call each other names. - "Freak." - 5

Faith, Hope & Trick : "Goodbye." - After Buffy has placed the Claddagh ring on the floor in the mansion and left a portal opens and a naked/traumatised Angel falls through. - 5

Beauty and the Beasts : Buffy watches Angel sleep/struggling with his dreams. - "And from the depths of the forest, a call still sounded." - 5

Homecoming : Buffy and Cordelia both lose in becoming Homecoming Queen and leave as one of the winners starts her speech. - "I promised myself I'm not gonna cry..." - 5

Band Candy : "Y-yes." - Buffy fails to pick up on the tension that indicates something did happen and Giles/Joyce part somewhat awkwardly. - 5

Revelations : (There are no lines over the final scene). - After Buffy has left Faith is alone again having decided to not risk responding/reaching out. - 5

Lovers Walk : Spike's car speeds out of town music blaring, Spike defiant in the daylight, smoking and singing loudly - "I did it my way." - 5

The Wish : "...disappear off the face of the earth. That would be so cool! Or maybe..." - The AU is gone and as Anya fails to grant any of Cordelia's wishes the focus goes onto Buffy/Willow/Xander smiling and talking together. - 5

Amends : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Buffy and Angel walk through the snow covered town together. - 5

Gingerbread : Willow and Buffy fail to de-rat Amy. - "Maybe we should get her one of those wheel thingies." - 5

Helpless : Buffy's defeat of Kralik and Giles' loss of job are discussed, both Buffy and Xander struggle to open a jar. - "Uh, Will, gimme a hand with that?" - 5

The Zeppo : Xander smiles, unaffected by Cordelia's attempts to belittle him. - "What?!" - 5

Bad Girls : “No you don’t get it; I don’t care.” - Buffy is speechless in the face of Faith's response to killing Finch. - 5

Consequences : "I guess that means you have a job opening." - Having told the Mayor his attempt to have her killed failed, Faith steps inside his office. - 5

Doppelgangland : Willow's reluctant to go out, feeling guilt/discomfort from meeting her evil self, then Percy shows a complete change of attitude from having met that alternate Willow. - "9.00 sound good?" - 5

Enemies : Buffy and Angel have a tense exchange following the plan to expose Faith and Angel seeks reassurance Buffy's still his girl. - "Always." - 5

Earshot : "You know, if you're not too busy having sex with my mother." - Buffy reveals she found out and Giles walks into a tree. - 5

Choices : "We will." - Sat in the graveyard together, Buffy looks unsettled despite hers/Angel's attempts to reassure each other after the Mayor's comments about their relationship. - 5

The Prom - "Dance with me?" - Angel comes to the prom and he/Buffy share a dance. - 5

Graduation Day (Pt 1) : "Shoulda been there, B, quite a ride." - Stabbed, Faith falls back off the wall, landing on a truck passing by and Buffy sees her laid unmoving as it drives away. - 5

Graduation Day (Pt 2) : "I mean, don't they know..." - Post the Mayor's defeat, having considered high school over, Willow wonders why demons come there anymore as we pan to a copy of the yearbook with 'The Future is Ours' on it. - 5

Season 4
    The Freshman : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Camouflaged figures tazer a vampire and prepare to tie him up. - 5

Living Conditions : "You going to finish this?" - After putting her anger at Kathy on the soul sucking, we see Buffy's eyes narrow as Willow helps herself to the remainder of Buffy's sandwich. - 5

The Harsh Light of Day : "Yeah." - Buffy wants to take a walk alone and we see Anya and Harmony looking down walking alone too. - 5

Fear, Itself : "Actual size." - Giles shows Buffy the page on Gachnar that illustrates him to scale, she shrugs and closes the book. - 5

Beer Bad : "I might not deserve this but do you think that you could forgive me?" - Buffy knocks Parker out with the club, they all look at him then Xander guides her away. - 5

Wild At Heart : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After leaving Willow crying, Oz puts his bag in his van, hesitates, then drives away. - 5

The Initiative : Buffy and Riley chat, friendly but both being evasive still, Buffy tells him he's peculiar. - "I can live with that." - 5

Pangs : "Yeah, especially with Angel being here and everything." - Everyone looks down the thanksgiving table at Buffy. - 5

Something Blue : "You're gonna teach me." - Having moved as if to kiss her, Riley instead smiles and walks away. - 5

Hush : "I guess we do." - Buffy and Riley sit facing each other, having agreed they need to talk but neither saying anything. - 5

Doomed : Spike tries to persuade Willow and Xander to go out demon-hunting rather than watching TV. - "Oh come on!" - 5

A New Man : "I think you're probably right." - After discussing Buffy with Riley, we see Walsh enter a secure area then a room numbered '314'. - 5

The I In Team : Maggie is speared by Adam using the Polgara arm. - "Mommy." - 5

Goodbye Iowa : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Riley is bandaged on a bed in a guarded medical room in the Initiative, looking at Buffy's scarf still around his hand. - 5

This Year's Girl : "Five by five." Having smashed the gizmo after knocking Faith out, Buffy's reply to Joyce and her following smile looking down at the fallen 'Faith' as the police arrive, implies the body swap that's occurred. - 5

Who Are You? : "Fun." - The combined shot as Buffy contemplates Faith's exit fades to only show Faith as she is leaving town in a cargo car of a train, alone and looking lost. - 5

Superstar : "Mmmm... Jonathan." - Riley pulls back as their smooching rather than talking is disrupted, Buffy is teasing. - 5

Where the Wild Things Are : Unconvincingly, Buffy and Riley say what a horrible experience they had. - "It was bad." - 5

New Moon Rising : "Right now?" As Willow's smiles/nods at Tara's response to her offer to make it up to her right now, Tara blows out the candle. - 5

The Yoko Factor : Adam states he's been waiting for Riley as he turns up in his lair. - "And now I'm here." - 5

Primeval : "Burn it down, and salt the Earth." - After discussing the events of the initiative and deciding to shut it down, the tv screen that had been showing some video footage of the battle goes static. - 5

Restless : "You haven't even begun." - Buffy, drawn to the darkened bedroom as she recalls Tara's words, is framed in the doorway then turns and walks out of sight. - 5

Season 5
    Buffy vs Dracula : Buffy confronts a girl going through her things and as Joyce suggests she her take her sister out with her both complain. - "Mom!" - 5

Real Me : Dawn's voiceover follows her diary entry summarising the day's events and her frustration with her sister. - "Boy, is she in for a surprise." - 5

The Replacement : Just before Buffy comes back in as they're packing up Xander's basement, Riley tells Xander he doesn't believe Buffy loves him. - "Sure." - 5

Out of My Mind : Spike awakens from a dream of passionately kissing Buffy/declaring his love when she goes to confront him for trying to get the chip out/attacking her. - "Please, no." - 5

No Place Like Home : "I don't know." - After apologizing to Dawn, Buffy tries to comfort her as they worry about their uncertainty about what is wrong with Joyce. - 5

Family : "Magic." - After Willow has reassured Tara at her birthday party, following the episode events with her family/spell, they levitate whilst they embrace. - 5

Fool for Love : "Is there something I can do?" - After feeling humiliated by Buffy Spike comes armed with a shotgun to kill her, but seeing her in tears approaches her to try and comfort her instead. - 5

Shadow : "Buffy?" - After Buffy takes some comfort from Riley, she insists she needs to stay strong and not let herself cry, and goes back in to Joyce/Dawn leaving Riley alone/frustrated. - 5

Listening to Fear : "What would I do without you?" - After Joyce asks Buffy about Dawn and seeks assurances, the group stood together watches her being wheeled off for surgery. - 5

Into the Woods : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Buffy sits on the stairs looking morose, her image fades into Riley in the helicopter. - 5

Triangle : "It's too... I'll get some more milk." - After overhearing Buffy/Giles/Joyce talking about Giles' visit to England/the Council and referencing her too, the scene ends on Dawn looking upset. - 5

Checkpoint : Buffy lays down how it is going to work between her/the Council now, which Quentin Travers accepts before he informs Buffy Glory is a god. - "Oh" - 5

Blood Ties : After reassuring Dawn, the sisters are leaving together hand in hand and Dawn wonders if she'll be able to get her allowance raised whilst Joyce is feeling lenient - "Don't push it." - 5

Crush : "I'm in your life, you can't just shut me out." - Spike finds out his invitation has been revoked to Buffy's house and she closes the door in his face. - 5

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 5

The Body : "Where'd she go?" - Dawn is contemplating Joyce's body/her loss and reaches her hand out as if she'll touch her mum's cheek. - 5

Forever: Having stopped the resurrection Dawn hugs Buffy as Buffy sobs, having gone to the door hoping to see her mother again. Both comfort each other in their grief. - "It's okay." - 5

Intervention: "I won't forget it." - After kissing him and asserting the robot was gross/obscene but what he did for her/Dawn re: Glory was real, Buffy exits Spike's crypt, leaving him staring after her. - 5

Tough Love : "Oh, it's so beautiful." After Glory busts into Buffy's house, Tara accidentally reveals Dawn is the key. Dawn looks fearfully to Buffy who turns to face Glory. - 5

Spiral: Willow tries to speak to Buffy as she sits tearful and dazed amidst the devastation/death Glory left behind her and having failed to stop her taking Dawn. "Buffy." - 5

The Weight of the World : "Buffy, the only way is to kill Dawn." - The scene ends with Buffy's dismayed reaction to Giles' suggestion if the portal opens Dawn's death is the only way to stop it. - 5

The Gift : (There are no spoken lines over the final scene) - After Buffy's sacrifice at the end of the episode, the closing scene shows her gravestone declaring 'she saved the world a lot'. - 5

Season 6
    Bargaining (pt1) : (There are no lines over the final scene) - Magic is seen settling over Buffy's desiccating corpse in her coffin and life permeates her body again. Her eyes roll back and she wakes in her coffin, looking around terrified. - 5

Bargaining (pt2) : "You're home." - After finding Buffy and begging her to stay, drawing her down from the collapsing tower, Buffy doesn't look at all happy as she and Dawn hug. - 5

After Life : "Never." - After stating she doesn't want the others to know that about her revelation that she was pulled from heaven and life now feels like hell, Buffy walks on into the sunlight resolute and alone. - 5

Flooded : "Um, thanks for taking care of this for me." - Buffy responds to a call from Angel, leaving to meet him and the scene ends on Giles and Dawn left with all the bills and the disarray from fighting the demon. - 5

Life Serial : "Knowing you're always gonna be here." - After telling Giles how safe he makes her feel in response to his financial help as well as sympathy/support, Buffy goes to show Dawn the cheque leaving Giles looking worried. - 5

All the Way : "'Bout what?" - Snuggled up together in bed, Willow smiles and closes her eyes as Tara's response indicates her spell to make Tara forget their argument has worked. - 5

Once More, With Feeling : "Where do we go from here?" - After singing together, the group number finishes as Spike and Buffy kiss passionately and an image of curtains closes over them continuing to kiss. - 5

Tabula Rasa : After the events of the spell and seeing the resulting departures, we find Buffy and Spike at the Bronze underneath the stairs kissing. Buffy pauses briefly before resuming kissing him. - lyrics: "You were the one I loved..."

Smashed : "You afraid I'm gonna-" - Buffy and Spike's fight becomes a passionate sexual encounter, as they fall through the floor together it ends with Buffy on top and the two staring into each other's eyes. - 5

Wrecked : (There are no lines over the final scene). - After relating to Willow's decision to give up her escapism, Buffy sits in her bedroom, the windows and bed festooned with garlic cloves, holding a cross and looking nervous. - 5

Gone : Buffy and Willow, somewhat subdued, state they've made good first steps after considering Willow's non-magical success and Buffy realising she no longer wants to die. - "Yay." - 5

Doublemeat Palace : "Here on out." - Despite being displeased at the prospect of aiming for a years of service pin, Buffy is resigned to her job and tries to smile at having got it back. - 5

Dead Things : "Please don't forgive me..." - After telling Tara about her relationship with Spike, Buffy breaks down confused and upset, sobbing to not be forgiven, whilst Tara tries to comfort her. - 5

Older and Far Away : Dawn is surprised and overjoyed when instead of leaving like the others, Buffy stays in the house. - 5

As You Were : "I'm sorry... William." - After Buffy faces the negativity in the relationship for them both and breaks up with Spike, she walks out of the crypt and emerges into the sunlight. - 5

Hell's Bells : "It's time you got back to what you do best... don't you think?" - After the aborted wedding D'Hoffryn looks to recruit Anya back to vengeance. Still in her wedding dress, upset and broken, she looks up at him, her expression blank. - 5

Normal Again : "I'm afraid we lost her." After checking her responsiveness, the doctor at the institution confirms Buffy is now catatonic to her distressed parents. - 5

Entropy : Tara comes to Willow and expresses the wish to start the relationship again, asking her to just kiss her. - Lyrics: "When we find that kind of love." - 5

Seeing Red : "No... no... " - Willow, overcome with grief and fury as she holds Tara's body, raises her head and her eyes that are completely black turn red. - 5

Villains : "One down." - After magically flaying/burning Warren, Willow's eyes go red again as she teleports away leaving the others staring in horror. - 5

Two to Go : As Willow seems to take control of the fight with Buffy she declares herself unstoppable, just as a blast of magical energy hits her and Giles is revealed in the doorway. - "I'd like to test that theory." - 5

Grave : "We will return... your soul." - Having successfully completed the trials, the demon returns Spike's soul with a touch that results in a fiery glow to his chest and from his eyes and makes him scream aloud. - 5

Season 7
    Lessons : The First boasts of things going to plan, mocking Spike's attempt to change and his/Buffy's desire to do the right thing. - "It's not about right, not about wrong... it's about power." - 5

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 5

Same Time, Same Place : After reconnecting and acknowledging their worries/the cause of the not-seeing spell, Buffy offers her strength to assist Willow heal which Willow assures her will help. - "Good." - 5

Help : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After asking what you do when you accept that sometimes you can't help, we see Buffy return to work and start going through her files. - 5

Selfless : "That's a start." - Having left her demon life behind again, Anya turns down Xander's offer to help, deciding to be independent and so is left alone as he walks away. - 5

Him : The group discuss their behaviour under the spell but Anya hides that she was the late-night bandit and offers everyone icecream. - "My treat." - 5

Conversations with Dead People : Having revealed that Spike sired him, we return to see Buffy dusting Holden and looking shocked. - Lyrics: “Can I spend the night, alone?” - 5

Sleeper : "I'll take care of it- " - As Giles looks to reassure the dying Robson we see a robed man come up behind him and swing a battle axe. - 5

Never Leave Me : "Now, Spike, wanna see what a real vampire looks like?" - Spike’s blood is used to open the seal and we see a Turok Han emerge. - 5

Bring on the Night : Although having been badly beaten, Buffy gives a rousing speech, acknowledging the threat but declaring war and displaying conviction about defeating The First. - “Any questions?” - 5

Showtime : "You. Oh." - Spike is surprised when he realises Buffy has come to rescue him, the scene ends as she supports him and they leave the cave together. - 5

Potential : "Yeah." - Having seen Dawn's acceptance she wasn't a potential, Xander relates/assures her of her value. Moved Dawn acknowledges his power, then continues to research. - 5

The Killer in Me : After Willow breaks down over letting Tara go, Kennedy kisses her and Willow stops transforming into Warren in guilt. Exhausted they head into the house. - "I'll make you some tea." - 5

First Date : The First manipulates Robin, appearing as Nikki and leading him to realise it was Spike that killed his mum. - “Thank you.” - 5

Get It Done : “What did they show you?” - We see the vision the shadow men gave Buffy, of thousands of Turok-Han as an army underground. - 5

Storyteller : "I guess I'm-" - Andrew makes one last video, in which he accepts he may not survive and perhaps that is how it should be. Finding he's unable to finish, the scene ends with him turning it off. - 5

Lies My Parents Told Me : “No, I think you’ve taught me everything I need to know.” - When Giles tries to approach Buffy to impress upon her his reasons for colluding to have Spike killed, she cuts across what he's saying and then shuts her door on him. - 5

Dirty Girls : Caleb talks to The First about his belief in their coming victory, as we see Buffy looking in on those wounded in battle and then walking the streets alone looking troubled. - "I told you it had a happy ending." - 5

Empty Places : "Protect them, but lead them." - After Buffy receives votes of discontent at her leadership and is kicked out, she advises Faith before she walks away alone. - 5

Touched : “Everybody, get down!” - Faith and the potentials find a ticking bomb counting down to zero. - 5

End of Days : After seemingly killing Caleb, Buffy greets/kisses Angel and The First goads Spike who witnesses this hidden from view. - "That bitch." - 5

Chosen : "What are we gonna do now?” - As the others chatter, Buffy continues to stare at the crater that was Sunnydale, considering what's next and starts to smile. - 5

--

So let's give it a try with S1. I'll start us off...

+ I Robot, You Jane
    - Teacher's Pet

Welcome to the Hellmouth : "Amen!" - Luke goes to bite Buffy. - 5

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 5

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 5

Teacher’s Pet : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After Buffy sees Dr Gregory's glasses and places them in his jacket pocket it's revealed some of the mantis eggs are hidden in the science closet. - 4

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 5

The Pack : "Shoot me, stuff me, mount me." - Giles supports Xander then watches him walk away after revealing he knows Xander remembers everything. - 5

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 5

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 6

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 5

Nightmares : Willow and Xander discuss his continuing attraction to Buffy even when she was vamped. - "Don't I know it." - 5

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 5

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    Last edited by Stoney; 15-07-19 at 05:58 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Dipstick (18-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,623 Posts

+ Angel
    - Teacher's Pet

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 5

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 5

Teacher’s Pet : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After Buffy sees Dr Gregory's glasses and places them in his jacket pocket it's revealed some of the mantis eggs are hidden in the science closet. - 3

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 5

The Pack : "Shoot me, stuff me, mount me." - Giles supports Xander then watches him walk away after revealing he knows Xander remembers everything. - 5

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 6

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 6

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 5

Nightmares : Willow and Xander discuss his continuing attraction to Buffy even when she was vamped. - "Don't I know it." - 5

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 5

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 5

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,190 Posts

+ The Puppet Show
    - Teacher's Pet

Teacher’s Pet : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After Buffy sees Dr Gregory's glasses and places them in his jacket pocket it's revealed some of the mantis eggs are hidden in the science closet. - 2

Angel : "...painful. I know. See you around?" - As Angel watches Buffy leave we see her cross has burnt his chest when they kissed after agreeing they needed to stay away from each other. - 6

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,286 Posts

+ I Robot, You Jane - the ending is the best thing about it
    - The Harvest - the ending is the worst thing about it
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

I agree about I Robot, the ending's great. I'm assuming we're just going for one overall winner per season in this elimination, rather than a top three, what does everyone else think?

Including TTB's votes...

+ Prophecy Girl
    - Teacher's Pet

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 4

Teacher’s Pet : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After Buffy sees Dr Gregory's glasses and places them in his jacket pocket it's revealed some of the mantis eggs are hidden in the science closet. - 1

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 7

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 6

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:

Thanks

We've slowed down really quickly.

Last voters: TriBel, TTB, Stoney.

If anyone wants to join in and isn't sure how to copy all the details and post then please feel free to ask, or just state what episode ending gets your + vote and what gets a - vote and the next person to vote (or myself) will add the votes in for you.

I hope this picks up a bit as I'm up to the start of S5 now for preparing all the following seasons!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Dipstick (19-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

+ Witch
    - WTTH

Welcome to the Hellmouth : "Amen!" - Luke goes to bite Buffy. - 4

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 4

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 6

Teacher’s Pet : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After Buffy sees Dr Gregory's glasses and places them in his jacket pocket it's revealed some of the mantis eggs are hidden in the science closet. - 1

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 7

Prophecy Girl : "Yeah, yeah. Big hit with everyone." - The group head off to party/get food as the shot pans back to show the Master's skeleton. - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:[/QUOTE]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dipstick For This Useful Post:

Stoney (19-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,198 Times in 824 Posts

+ The Puppet Show
    - WtTH

Welcome to the Hellmouth : "Amen!" - Luke goes to bite Buffy. - 3

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 6

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:
    buffylover made this stunning banner

Thanks

Gotta disagree with TTB - The Harvest closing line is echoed in Giles' "The earth is definitely doomed" in Chosen. I have to keep something that's relevant seven years down the line.

+ The Harvest
    - Teacher’s Pet

Teacher's Pet's - out - the eggs are now an omelette.

Teacher’s Pet : (There are no lines over the final scene) - After Buffy sees Dr Gregory's glasses and places them in his jacket pocket it's revealed some of the mantis eggs are hidden in the science closet. - 0

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:

Results:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Gotta disagree with TTB - The Harvest closing line is echoed in Giles' "The earth is definitely doomed" in Chosen. I have to keep something that's relevant seven years down the line.
    The last line is not the problem. The problem is the fact that the ending is so upbeat and that everyone, even Xander and Willow, is so chipper, even though their friend died the previous night.
    But if you like the last line so much, I can try to eliminate The Pack, too. That ending is awful for similar reasons.

+ I Robot
    - The Pack

The Pack : "Shoot me, stuff me, mount me." - Giles supports Xander then watches him walk away after revealing he knows Xander remembers everything. - 4

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,711 Posts

+ The Harvest
    - NKABOTFD

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 6

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 4

The Pack : "Shoot me, stuff me, mount me." - Giles supports Xander then watches him walk away after revealing he knows Xander remembers everything. - 4

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    12. Teacher's Pet

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Thanks

I actually quite like the line at the end of The Pack, but not really the tone against the experiences of the episode. The ending in that case is probably the weakest part of the episode.

+ I, Robot
    - WttH

Welcome to the Hellmouth : "Amen!" - Luke goes to bite Buffy. - 2

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 6

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 4

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

This is taken in turns after every three votes, right? Here's my vote again:

+ The Harvest
    - WttH

Welcome to the Hellmouth : "Amen!" - Luke goes to bite Buffy. - 1

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 7

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

I'm with TTB on The Pack. Sexual innuendos. It actually makes sick come into my mouth.

+ Out of Mind, Out of Sight (simultaneously pitiful and disturbing)
    - The Pack

The Harvest : Giles watches the trio chatting as they leave, then turns to go. - “The Earth is doomed.” - 7

The Pack : "Shoot me, stuff me, mount me." - Giles supports Xander then watches him walk away after revealing he knows Xander remembers everything. - 3

Out of Mind, Out of Sight : We see Marcie has arrived at a Government assassin and infiltration lesson. - "Cool!" - 6

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    This is taken in turns after every three votes, right? Here's my vote again:
    Yes, three people need to vote before you go again.

I'd never thought of the last line of The Pack for sexual innuendos. Still, in a hunting/wild pack sense, I still like the line, just not the easy dismissal of the events.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-02-19),TriBel (19-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

- Out of Mind, Out of Sight
    + IRYJ

The Pack : "Shoot me, stuff me, mount me." - Giles supports Xander then watches him walk away after revealing he knows Xander remembers everything. - 3

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:[/QUOTE]

Thanks

- Welcome to the Hellmouth *gone*
    + Witch

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 7

I, Robot... You, Jane : "Yeah!" - The group laughs about the poor likelihood of ever having a happy relationship, before falling into silent thought. - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    11. Welcome to the Hellmouth
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ The Puppet Show
    - The Pack

Witch : "Y'know, I hear that look's in for spring." - As Buffy and Amy walk away we see Catherine Madison is trapped inside the cheerleading figurine trophy. - 7

The Pack : "Shoot me, stuff me, mount me." - Giles supports Xander then watches him walk away after revealing he knows Xander remembers everything. - 2

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 8

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Thanks

+ The Puppet Show
    - The Pack

The Pack : "Shoot me, stuff me, mount me." - Giles supports Xander then watches him walk away after revealing he knows Xander remembers everything. - 1

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:

Slayer
    Thanks

+ The Puppet Show
    - NKABOTFD

Never Kill a Boy on the First Date : "Welcome, my friend." - As The Master quotes the prophecy it finishes with the reveal that the Anointed One is a small boy. - 3

The Pack : "Shoot me, stuff me, mount me." - Giles supports Xander then watches him walk away after revealing he knows Xander remembers everything. - 1

The Puppet Show : "Madness, and... Madness a-and stabbing pain, and, a-and, uh... oh... oh... memory of, uh, i-ill deeds I have done." - Buffy nudges Willow for missing the cue of her line, but she runs off stage from their Oedipus Rex performance and Buffy and Xander shuffle together. - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    12. Teacher's Pet

Results:
    Season 1 winner:[/QUOTE]