Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1294

Thread: BtVS Episode Endings elimination game

Thanks
    Thanked 2,131 Times in 997 Posts

I agree it's a hard task, they're all great.

- Innocence
    + Smashed

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 5

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 6

Smashed : "You afraid I'm gonna-" - Buffy and Spike's fight becomes a passionate sexual encounter, as they fall through the floor together it ends with Buffy on top and the two staring into each other's eyes. - 6

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    05. Graduation Day (Pt 1)
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Season 1 winner: I Robot, You Jane
    Season 2 winner: Innocence
    Season 3 winner: Graduation Day (Pt 1)
    Season 4 winner: Restless
    Season 5 winner: I Was Made to Love You
    Season 6 winner: Smashed
    Season 7 winner: Beneath You
    Overall winner:[/QUOTE]

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,667 Times in 4,168 Posts

Yes this is pretty impossible . . .

- Innocence
    + Smashed

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 4

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 6

Smashed : "You afraid I'm gonna-" - Buffy and Spike's fight becomes a passionate sexual encounter, as they fall through the floor together it ends with Buffy on top and the two staring into each other's eyes. - 7

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 9

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,277 Posts

- IWMTLY
    + Beneath You

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 4

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 5

Smashed : "You afraid I'm gonna-" - Buffy and Spike's fight becomes a passionate sexual encounter, as they fall through the floor together it ends with Buffy on top and the two staring into each other's eyes. - 7

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Bronze Party-Goer StateOfSiege97's Avatar
    Thanks

- Smashed
    + Innocence

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 5

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 5

Smashed : "You afraid I'm gonna-" - Buffy and Spike's fight becomes a passionate sexual encounter, as they fall through the floor together it ends with Buffy on top and the two staring into each other's eyes. - 6

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 10

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

Thanks

+ Smashe
    - Innocence

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

Thanks

+ I Was Made To Love You
    - Innocence

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 3

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,645 Times in 5,660 Posts

- I Was Made To Love You
    + Beneath You

Innocence : "I'll just let it burn." - Buffy sits with Joyce seeking comfort as the candle in her birthday cupcake burns and the song in the movie finishes with "Remember that you're mine, sweetheart". - 3

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 11

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

Thanks

- Smashed
    + Innocence

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 11

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,090 Times in 810 Posts

Agreed, this is so difficult. Beneath You and Innocence are my top two, I'd be happy if either of them won. But they're all great, it's near impossible to vote against any.

- IWMTLY
    + Beneath You

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 4

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 12

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:
    buffylover made this stunning banner

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Stoney (12-09-19)

Thanks

My top two are smashed and beneath you.

- Innocence
    + smashed

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 4

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 12

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (12-09-19)

Thanks

[QUOTE=GoSpuffy;753220]My top two are smashed and beneath you.

- IWMTLY
    + Beneath You

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 3

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 13

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

Thanks

+ IWMTLY
    - Beneath You

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

Thanks

I am most strongly drawn to Innocence and
    Beneath You, followed closely by IWMTLY
    to see any of them go will be most painful:

The first gathers all the complexities of Buffy's experience
    in the early seasons so perfectly, while the second encapsulates
    Spike's arc in the same way; the third, in its turn, in the break
    in Buffy's voice, in her unanswered, questioning call, carries
    so utterly the weight of her epochal loss...

This is not to say that I do not love Smashed... only
    that it ranks well below the other three to me, especially
    given that other endings of S6 were, in my view, finer...

+ Innocence
    - Smashed

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:
    Last edited by StateOfSiege97; 12-09-19 at 08:31 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StateOfSiege97 For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (12-09-19),Stoney (12-09-19)

Thanks

+ Beneath You
    - IWMTLY

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 3

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 13

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

I do think Joyce's death is a hugely significant moment and appreciate that call out that can't be answered in a different way since you wrote so beautifully about it SoS. I would have chosen Innocence to go before it tbh but that was something that was being more fiercely blocked. And when there are such strong reasons for each episode like this it does of course become really a vote of personal preference. For me the complexity of the relationship dynamic between Buffy and Spike in S6 was incredibly compelling and the way they used both the action and text in that final scene of Smashed to expose the push/pull of the relationship as it took a step into a sexual dynamic was incredibly well done. But it is second to the exploration of Spike's character journey in BY for me.

+ Beneath You
    - IWMTLY

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 2

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 14

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (12-09-19),StateOfSiege97 (12-09-19)

Thanks

+ Smashed
    - innocence

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 2

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 14

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:

Thanks

-Smashed
    + Innocence

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

Thanks

+ Beneath You
    - IWMTLY

I Was Made to Love You : Buffy comes home to find her mother lying dead on the couch. - "Mommy?" - 1

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 15

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

Thanks

+ Beneath You
    - IWMTLY *dust*

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 16

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    04. I Was Made to Love You
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results:
    Overall winner:

Thanks

+ Smashed
    - Innocence

Beneath You : "Buffy... can we rest?" - Having revealed that his soul has been restored, Buffy tearful looks on Spike's exhausted body hanging limply against the cross. - 16

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    04. I Was Made to Love You
    06. Restless
    07. I Robot, You Jane

Results: