4 19.05%
  • I'm not going to discuss BOOM! BtVS on BF

1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BOOM! BtVS 1.01

Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 Times in 1,338 Posts

Doesn’t the number of prints depend on how many copies they print per each print? It’s easy to get to a third print quickly if you start with a small number of copies.

I have no idea, where to find those numbers, but does anyone know, how many copies have actually been sold so far in comparison to season 12 issue #1?

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

Scooby Gang
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 617 Posts

Not yet. US sales data should be available soon-ish, you'll be able to find it here.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

flow (06-02-19),Priceless (06-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,318 Times in 5,050 Posts

The first issue should do better than it'll maintain, I get the impression that is pretty much the norm.

The reprints are so staged though, to have yet another cover waiting in the wings with the number of the reprint it hails from on the cover. Yeah, right. I expect the sales figures to be good, especially because it is the first (and because some people will be trying to gather all the cover options too!) but I will be genuinely surprised if they are astounding and this wasn't in large part simply the marketing plan.

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    Overall certainly not a bad start to the series and it was refreshing to start back at square one without all the baggage. It has promise and it'll be interesting to see what changes they make the more that the story evolves. To sum up; as an AU story for original Buffy fans I think it was good but as a brand new story for new readers I thought it was underwhelming. Luckily for them I think that the majority of readers will be the former rather than the latter.
    I'm pretty glad to hear this is how it reads tbh as I really don't like the idea of this as an intro to the verse/characters as was originally suggested. A fun AU for existing fans really does seem to be the worth in it and I'll definitely get the trades if it keeps being received well enough. The new tv series that is being said to be set in a future time in the same verse, beyond even the comic continuation theoretically, and with new characters will probably be a better 'new' version for new fans to get hooked in which might then make them revisit the original show.

Totally agree about the images of Buffy's nightmare that we've seen, really great, especially the uber creepy Giles image. I quite liked Isaacs art and felt it worked well enough with where the characters had gotten to. But this art does fit better to the early seasons definitely and I prefer it to the manga style of the high school years ones.

Having not seen the pages for the issue yet, can anyone shed light on whether all vamps were shown to match the visual of the one in the preview pages that attacked Willow/Xander and seemed a lot less human than vamps are normally depicted? I know of course that Dru and Spike are coming and the character depictions of them we've seen shows that they are going to resemble the original human vamp look, but is there any sign whether that is going to be standard or not from what other vamps they've shown so far? Of course the vamp that attacked Willow/Xander may have been the only one in the issue.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    The first issue should do better than it'll maintain, I get the impression that is pretty much the norm.

The reprints are so staged though, to have yet another cover waiting in the wings with the number of the reprint it hails from on the cover. Yeah, right. I expect the sales figures to be good, especially because it is the first (and because some people will be trying to gather all the cover options too!) but I will be genuinely surprised if they are astounding and this wasn't in large part simply the marketing plan.

I'm pretty glad to hear this is how it reads tbh as I really don't like the idea of this as an intro to the verse/characters as was originally suggested. A fun AU for existing fans really does seem to be the worth in it and I'll definitely get the trades if it keeps being received well enough. The new tv series that is being said to be set in a future time in the same verse, beyond even the comic continuation theoretically, and with new characters will probably be a better 'new' version for new fans to get hooked in which might then make them revisit the original show.

Totally agree about the images of Buffy's nightmare that we've seen, really great, especially the uber creepy Giles image. I quite liked Isaacs art and felt it worked well enough with where the characters had gotten to. But this art does fit better to the early seasons definitely and I prefer it to the manga style of the high school years ones.

Having not seen the pages for the issue yet, can anyone shed light on whether all vamps were shown to match the visual of the one in the preview pages that attacked Willow/Xander and seemed a lot less human than vamps are normally depicted? I know of course that Dru and Spike are coming and the character depictions of them we've seen shows that they are going to resemble the original human vamp look, but is there any sign whether that is going to be standard or not from what other vamps they've shown so far? Of course the vamp that attacked Willow/Xander may have been the only one in the issue.
    The reprintings are a just a marketing gimmick. That they were in the reorder charts in December suggests they were limited to begin with. Also it seems the Mercado covers seem to be the hottest for whatever reason. It would not surprise me if #1 outsold anything after Joss left. Firefly #1 sold 50K.

There were 3 vamps in the issue. They all looked more or less the same in vampface. I think it's an OK design. On par with the show, I'd say.
    Last edited by HardlyThere; 06-02-19 at 01:18 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (06-02-19),Stoney (06-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

It took awhile but the Jan. sales data is out. Reboot #1 sold 31,043. That's lower than I would have thought, but it also had 5 billion covers to spread across so it could have been a bit higher. Firefly 1 sold 51K then dropped nearly 50% for #2. It'll be interesting to see where BTVS falls to. My impression is enthusiasm has died down rather quickly.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

Priceless (27-02-19),Stoney (27-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,318 Times in 5,050 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    It took awhile but the Jan. sales data is out. Reboot #1 sold 31,043. That's lower than I would have thought, but it also had 5 billion covers to spread across so it could have been a bit higher. Firefly 1 sold 51K then dropped nearly 50% for #2. It'll be interesting to see where BTVS falls to. My impression is enthusiasm has died down rather quickly.
    Didn't they state in one of their recent publicity attempts (about issue three outselling issue two), that the first sold 41k? That could have been all the covers combined, or inc digital sales I suppose. I'm still not clear what the sales figures are based on as it seems pretty limited to a specific portion of the sales as a comparitative example and last I knew didn't include digital.

Scooby Gang
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 617 Posts

It sold 41K, as in, everything they actually printed (Comichron data is US only) That's pretty damn successful, especially next to their usual numbers.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

Priceless (27-02-19),Silver1 (27-02-19),Sosa lola (27-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    It sold 41K, as in, everything they actually printed (Comichron data is US only) That's pretty damn successful, especially next to their usual numbers.
    31K is independent shipping through Diamond, wherever Diamond distributes to. It does not take into account the sales of variants unless those variants sell enough to crack the top 100. It does not mean the number of comics actually sold. It is just the number comic book stores ordered. That's how they can guesstimate sales figures 2 months before the issue is released.

Buffy underselling Firefly is embarrassing.