Thread: Stranger Things

Graveyard Patrol HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Stranger Things

What no thread for this show! 😲

Thanks

Season 3 chapters (episodes) are out!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-12-18),Silver1 (10-12-18)

Thanks

Weezer cover/parody video with Finn Wolfhard and his band Calipurnia.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-02-19),Silver1 (14-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,153 Posts

Blimey, he's a big boy now!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,833 Times in 2,105 Posts

I'm trying to catch up - I've watched all of S1 and 5 episodes of S2 in 3 days. I'm sure it's not good for my health (though it could be the crisp butties I'm eating in between).

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-02-19),Silver1 (16-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 796 Posts

They won't be out in the US until July 4th.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (16-02-19),TriBel (16-02-19)

Thanks

Yay! Finished! Bring it on! That's all of AoS and Stranger Things 1 & 2 binged! 127 episodes with break in the middle for A Star is Born. I'd start Sharp Objects but I'd have to pick up the TV remote and put an actual bluray into an actual machine . Why is life so hard?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (17-02-19),Priceless (17-02-19),Silver1 (16-02-19)

Thanks

♥ Stranger Things!
    Glad yer watching.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

TriBel (17-02-19)

Thanks

Official S3 trailer just dropped...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (20-03-19),TriBel (20-03-19)

Thanks

Thursday is the 4th of July...er Stranger Things season 3 premiere!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (30-06-19),Silver1 (30-06-19),TriBel (30-06-19)

Thanks

I'd say I liked S3 better than S2 overall. However S2 had some better high points, if that makes any sense.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (08-07-19),Silver1 (08-07-19),TriBel (08-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,240 Times in 3,968 Posts

Finally watched the first two eps of S3 and they were really enjoyable. The yuk factor is higher and it's scarier than the previous two seasons. The plot seems to have been beefed up too, with a plot about possible Russian involvement. Hopper has been regressed a little bit, but he's as fun as ever. The children's romantic life doesn't really interest me very much, and I hope we don't have to watch too many scenes of that.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (16-07-19),Silver1 (15-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Finally watched the first two eps of S3 and they were really enjoyable. The yuk factor is higher and it's scarier than the previous two seasons. The plot seems to have been beefed up too, with a plot about possible Russian involvement. Hopper has been regressed a little bit, but he's as fun as ever. The children's romantic life doesn't really interest me very much, and I hope we don't have to watch too many scenes of that.
    Here's where we part company - I think I've watched the first three and, TBH, I'm finding it a bit tedious.

The yuk factor is higher and it's scarier than the previous two seasons.
    Agree with this but, otherwise, I'm finding everyone irritating. I want to slap 'em. Could just be the mood I'm in.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (15-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Here's where we part company - I think I've watched the first three and, TBH, I'm finding it a bit tedious.

Agree with this but, otherwise, I'm finding everyone irritating. I want to slap 'em. Could just be the mood I'm in.
    Is it anything in particular? As I say, the romantic antics of the kids are a bit tiresome and I feel a bit uncomfortable with it. But the horror and the 80's setting are pretty good I thought.

Thanks

As I say, the romantic antics of the kids are a bit tiresome and I feel a bit uncomfortable with it. But the horror and the 80's setting are pretty good I thought.
    It's probably this. As you say, the horror's pretty good but it's not compensating for the kids (on the whole, I have more sympathy for the rat than Mike). I'm just a bit bored with it whereas I binged the earlier seasons. Plus, my eldest alerted me to Maya Thurman Hawke's parentage (obviously, I didn't know THAT was her name) and I'm distracted by trying to decide whether she looks like Uma or Ethan Hopper's really winding me up - he should by rights have cirrhosis by now!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    It's probably this. As you say, the horror's pretty good but it's not compensating for the kids (on the whole, I have more sympathy for the rat than Mike). I'm just a bit bored with it whereas I binged the earlier seasons. Plus, my eldest alerted me to Maya Thurman Hawke's parentage (obviously, I didn't know THAT was her name) and I'm distracted by trying to decide whether she looks like Uma or Ethan Hopper's really winding me up - he should by rights have cirrhosis by now!
    Metda told me who who that girl was, and I don't think she looks like either. Her hair bothers me, it's just too modern and not 80's enough.

I like Hopper, but the way he expected Wynona to solve his parenting problems annoyed me. Then he virtually forced her into going to dinner with him, when she's still getting over Bob, which showed his lack of emotional intelligence and I thought he was better than that last season, so they've sort of regressed him for comedic purposes.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (16-07-19)

Thanks

Think Hopper is just really uncomfortable with emotional stuff. Plus he wants any excuse to hang out with Joyce. You don't mess around with Jim (Hopper) scene was comedy gold!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

TriBel (19-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    Think Hopper is just really uncomfortable with emotional stuff. Plus he wants any excuse to hang out with Joyce. You don't mess around with Jim (Hopper) scene was comedy gold!
    Yeah...that was good! However, I'm still not enjoying it as much as I did S1 & 2. It is scarier though.

Thanks

Though S3 was very good, much better than S2. The new characters were all brilliant, especially Erica and and Murray Bauman. I loved the monster, who was much much scarier and darker than last seasons. Billy and the towns people being taken over was so well done and added real paranoia.

The only thing that bought it down for me was all the romance, some of which felt a bit proto-incelish. I had to fast forward through a lot of it because it was so cringey. Except Dustin and Susie, they were perfect and my Stranger Things OTP

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (13-08-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,153 Posts

OMG Erica became so bloody annoying imo. I mean who lets a kid talk to strangers like that? I mean 'bald bastard?" I thought the writers really over egged her rudeness and It became out and out insulting. That and the song at the end that went on for far, far too long. I mean talk about poor timing.