Thread: Battle 96: Buffylover vs Nina

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 446 Posts

Default Battle 96: Buffylover vs Nina

The Devil IMO is the embodiment of evil and is represented as a destructive, abstract and vivid metaphors. So Nina and I decided to art "The Devil" to showcase the manifestation of his artistic value that surrounds the dark prince throughout the compositions of fan art.

Within my personal preference, I find that "The Devil" to be an interesting concept and that he has many creative, dark themes that you can art within any kind of specific of fandoms. Now here are the rounds.

As for the fandoms, I and Nina have decided that it works best if we create something that just caught our eye.

Round 1&2 - Colour
    Round 3&4 - Imagery
    Round 5&6 - Lyrics
    Round 7&8 - Exorcism
    Round 9&10 - The devil himself

So our first rounds conclude to represent the colourising within the "The Devil" imagery and mythology. The artistic value within the "The Devil" structure showcases dark colours, but he is connected with many arts as red (red figure). So my plan is to showcase red colours as vivid and bright as possible to showcase that abstraction of evil.

The assignment for me for round 1 was:

"I want you to use three different kinds of fonts for the typography in your graphic."

Nina, the three types of font I use was 'New Times Roman', Palatino Linotype and Arial.'

So my fandom is "30 days of night" because I noticed that the characters were in very horrifying scenario some scenes showcased the abstraction of pure evil especially the main villains. The silhouettes were the representation of the colour of "The Devil." Red and Black blend perfect and it suited the movie and my compositions I was trying to achieve. And the quote of my piece was "No, God" the demon says it in the movie which was perfect IMO to connect with our battle.

Round 1: Colour - Buffylover "30 days with no God"

Full version; {here}

Credits;
    Screencaps; My DVD.
    Texture: Just filter grain.
    Type; 'New Times Roman', Palatino Linotype and Arial.'

Now your turn Nina my requirement for you is...

"I want you to do a duotone effect but leaving one image normal"

I hope you have fun Nina and good luck.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Josh (20-11-18),Nina (19-11-18),Paracelsus'Lady (29-11-18),Priceless (08-12-18),Puppet (19-11-18),Silver1 (18-02-19),Stoney (20-11-18),TriBel (15-01-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,255 Posts

Feedback for Round 1:

I've never seen (or heard of) 30 Day of Night. But the way you explain it, it's a great fit for this battle. And I love the quote. Which brings me to the typography and the extra requirement I gave you. It looks great, although I did hope that you would've dared to be a bit more bold and pick at least one font that differs a lot from the other choices. The composition is great, I love that you made little red windows in the houses. No idea if you cut out all the pictures yourself, but it looks super neat. Which is one of the main reasons that it looks great, especially because you sharpened the picture a lot. And at last, the theme of these two rounds. It's probably what you went for, but it's super harsh. And in combination with the the busy composition on a small canvas and your use of 'sharpen', I find it all a bit too much. It's obviously still aesthetically pleasing though, because you're such a talented fanartist with a very clean style.

Round 2: Colour - Nina "Lonely Boy"

I didn't want to do the same colours. So I went with another classic combination: green & black. The idea behind using the colour green for the devil is that the colour is associated with hunters. In some myths the devil is a black coloured entity with green clothes. The colours are also the colours of the House of Malfoy in the Harry Potter world. Hence why I did a Malfoy-piece. Usually the people focus on their political and social ideas when they talk about their evilness. They are extremely wealthy aristocrats with messed up ideas about people different from them. But they are also a messed up family, which is strangely enough ignored by a lot of fans. Often the love of the parents for the son is used to argue that they are not completely evil. And while it's indeed a fact that they do care (in their own way) about their son, it's not erasing the abuse. We see Lucius (the father) undermining his son time after time. He humiliates him in public, he destroys his son's self-esteem and it's clear that Draco is scared of his father. And Lady Malfoy is a very cold person, also to her only son. Plus she comes of as rather unstable, making the situation even worse. They treat him like a thing they own. They can't handle that their son is human and thus not perfect and they want to dictate everything in his life. Later on we also find out that they isolated him and that he was extremely lonely as a kid. And thus I decided to focus on the evilness that is child abuse.

I hope I understood the requirement the right way. I wasn't 100% sure if this is what you meant with duotone. Draco is obviously the picture that isn't in duotone. The silhouette is Lucius. The axe is the part I took from your graphic.

Alternative Link

Resources:
    PNG/pictures: Lune-Blanche, Confident PNG, The True Demon Wolf, Jumpfer Stock, Harry Potter Wiki & Pure PNG.
    Font: Colors of Autumn

Requirement for Round 3:

I would like you to art a fandom you are not familiar with. You are allowed to read about the book/show/movie on wikipedia of course.

Good luck.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

buffylover (20-11-18),Paracelsus'Lady (29-11-18),Priceless (08-12-18),Silver1 (18-02-19),Stoney (11-12-18),TriBel (15-01-19)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

Nina thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.

It means a lot to me that you think I'm a talented fan artist. Right back at you. I would like to say something about the sharpening it's 'Flickr' it sharpens the work for you that's why I personally find 'Flickr' my personal favourite image hosting site. I take your feedback on board and I can see the sharpen but I just love that effect. And yes everything on that piece was handmade even those little windows.

Thank you again!

Feedback for Round 2:

I absolutely love the colour choice you have chosen within your compositions and that the mythology behind the colour choice is very interesting. The scale is very minimalist and simplistic, which makes your piece very clean and profound. Great sense of expression and flow of isolation I could feel "Malfoys" pain which makes the piece have a theme and character. Your silhouette and execution are professionally done and admirable, I love the fact that you added extra details within his hair to make him look more realistic and illustrative which makes your piece more 3d and hitting the requirement perfectly. This is based on my own perspective with your wallpaper because your typography is great, but, I think that keeping the wallpaper empty with font would make it more dramatic because I already know that this character is in pain by your fantastic execution, so you don't need to tell me that he is "a lonely boy" because I already know by your expression and execution of the blend. But that said I think the type is a really good choice it looks like a brush ink style which suits that hunter vibe! Well Done Nina!

Round 3: Imagery - Buffylover "See Through My Eyes"

Oh my, Nina, your requirement was really tough.

I need to say that it did push boundaries on the fandom side of things. SO I thank you for that! I went for 'Daredevil' it wasn't because of our battle the theme being 'the devil' this was an actual interest from the first season. I just never got around watching it. So for my Imagery of 'the devil' is "The Goat". After watching the film called 'The Witch' the black goat was the host of all manipulation and my main inspirations for these Tumblr sets. I would like to explain my entry. I wanted to achieve an illustration grunge vibe heavy on textures. The Goat is the overlay outlines to represent the daredevils eyes. I thought it would be a good concept because of his blindness. The second Tumblr graphics I had this idea of flames making a camouflage of Goats. I used your key on your recent work to represent a lock. I hope this makes sense.

Credits;
    Stock; My own drawings of the goats.
    Screencaps; Daredevil Promos from {here}
    Textures; My own felt tips. And Photoshop filters.

The requirement for Round 4:

"Nina, I want to see an upside down cross in your artwork."

Good luck.
    Last edited by buffylover; 07-12-18 at 06:53 PM.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Josh (08-12-18),Nina (07-12-18),Paracelsus'Lady (12-12-18),Priceless (08-12-18),Silver1 (18-02-19),Stoney (11-12-18),TriBel (15-01-19)

Thanks

Feedback for Round 3:

Very impressive how you manage to combine your own drawings with a more regular digital fanart. It doesn't look out of place or messy. Wonderful drawings of goats too, my favorite is the third with the human hand. Because it's so eerie and fitting for this battle. It's also the one that inspired me to use Sabrina for round 4. Clever and creative to use goats as the imagery and great idea to use Daredevil for this challenge. He is after all a character who dresses up as a devil. What I don't really get is why you made four rather big panels. They don't differ all that much nor do they tell a story. By doing that, none of them really stand out IMO.

Round 4: Imagery - Nina "Power and Freedom"

Like I already said, your panel was the reason I picked Sabrina for my second entry. The Sabrina-reboot is darker than the one we grew up with. The witches are worshippers of Satan (a goat with human features) but Sabrina has a human mom who baptised her. So she is stuck between two worlds. So I mixed the classic symbols for the devil with those of saints. And I used one of your goats to give Sabrina a more interesting shirt.

Alternative Link

Resources: Daydreaming, David Holland (@DA), Krakograff, Aled Jones Stock 'n Art, PNGarts, Wanelo, Rainbow Dust & Thought Catalog

The requirement for Round 5:

I would like you to use the liquify tool.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

buffylover (11-12-18),Paracelsus'Lady (12-12-18),Priceless (11-12-18),Silver1 (18-02-19),Stoney (11-12-18),TriBel (15-01-19)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

Choosing daredevil was coincidental and in my defence. I was really clueless about daredevil, so I couldn't really execute a story. I was trying to achieve a Tumblr graphics set.

Feedback for Round 4:

Your execution is really illustrative, and I love the fact that you achieved a combination of two concepts blending into one... Very unique indeed. The colours are bright and vibrant, and I absolutely love the use of stock imagery. The blending of the trees is inquisitive and distinctive you actually inspired me. Your requirement was a great execution loving the glittering textures you use to balance a style which inspired me for my next entry. I would love to express an idea that might work with your compositions. Maybe the upside-down crosses could be scattered and dangling down of your amazing tree stock like for representations of the Blair Witch. This was just an idea you might like to hear but overall It was simple and extremely effective. The only little criticism I would have is the fact that my drawing spoils your imagery of Sabrina. I would have preferred the original red top. I understand this might be the confidence based on my drawing. But I really love the creative idea. Well done Nina another amazing artwork!

Round 5: Lyrics - Buffylover "Devil's Resting Place"

Again I wanted to achieve a Tumblr set of graphics to represent the lyrics I have chosen. Which is a song called "Devil's Resting Place" by the fantastic Laura Marling. I have chosen this part of the song.

"I've been with the devil in the devil's resting place"

And I thought this was a great metaphor for Buffy in season 6. That the Devil represents (darkness of life). I also wanted to complete these three pieces within an illustration typography concept. For your requirement, it was exciting because I never used Liquify before so it was new and fresh. If you notice I used the effect on the first piece the ripple on the Devil's arms and also the second piece with the font with the D. Also If your struggle on taking something out of my graphics I would suggest the colour scheme. But if not I can't wait to see it!

Credits;
    Stock; My own drawings Buffy and The devil.
    Screencaps; Mine. 'VLC screengrabs' on the episode I specifically download. {here}.

The requirement for Round 6:

"Nina, I want to see you use your own handwritten font"

Good luck.

Nina.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Nina (19-12-18),Paracelsus'Lady (23-12-18),Priceless (19-12-18),Silver1 (18-02-19),thenewbuzwuzz (20-12-18),TriBel (15-01-19)

Thanks

I guess you could read in the formulation of the rules that you can use a certain concept or colour scheme of the previous round in your round. But I'm pretty sure that the idea is that you literally copy and paste (a part of) the last round in your round and work with it. Others should see what you took, it should not be hidden and it should not be just a plain background. So I cannot just copy your colour scheme sadly enough. And yes your art is pretty, but very hard to create something new with it. ^^ It reminds me of that one battle with Mara where she created a black wallpaper with only a few heads of Severus Snape. My round was such a disaster. So I'll have to be creative.

Thanks

Feedback for Round 5:

You created a stunning set of artworks, it's without a doubt my favourite round so far. I'm glad you decided to do not another round with only red & black. The yellow and gold bring some warmth and softness that makes this round (in my opinion) more pleasant to look at. The details stand out more this way as well. Your drawing is exceptional, in a few lines you created a woman that is without a doubt Buffy. Especially in the first one. The first one is my favourite one anyway. Although I do think that the second one complements it perfectly. So yeah, lovely artwork.

But I do think that you could've tried a little bit harder with the theme, requirement and my fourth round. The theme of this round was 'lyrics' and you only used one sentence. The requirement was to use the liquify tool and you made two small and insignificant alterations with that tool and to be honest, I'm not sure if my fourth round is even in there (next to the concept of using a golden texture). Everybody who does these kind of battles has sometimes a round where they have to cheat a little bit because it won't work otherwise. *cough* Like my sixth round *cough* But it's not the first time this battle (the three rather identical fonts come to mind) and I don't think it was necessary. So yeah, awesome artwork.... but I would love to see you try a bit harder to come out of your comfort zone.

Round 6: Lyrics - Nina "Sympathy for the Devil"

I thought that I would've a lot of trouble to take something of your artwork as the base for my round. But I managed to take some of the lines of your first panel and used those as a path in my wallpaper. The song "Sympathy for the Devil" was perfect for both the theme and using a path in the composition. Especially because I used the horns of your devil in my path. No, my problems started when I tried to include my own handwriting. I'm not being modest when I say that my handwriting is messy and ugly. Once I had a teacher who said that it looked like three different people wrote my work. By example, in one word I can write the letter 'a' in three different ways. And none of the three handwritings is pleasing to look at. Nor can I write straight, even with lines to guide me. And the smooth surface of my tablet makes it all worse. For a day I tried to write the lyrics in the wallpaper, but it was super distracting.... even when I made the text very small. So I decided to type most of the text and only write a few words. I weaseled there a bit, sorry. I decided to go with a lot of text, even if typography is a nightmare for me. I suspect that it would look better with less text. But since this round was about lyrics, I felt like I had to include the actual lyrics and not just fractions of it.

alternative link
    Resources: Your round 5, Vikyvampirs90, pluspng and a lot of google searches. (Yes, I suck.)

The requirement for Round 7:

I want you to use lyrics by Joni Mitchell.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

buffylover (21-12-18),Paracelsus'Lady (23-12-18),Silver1 (18-02-19),TriBel (15-01-19)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

Nina, I'm so sorry for being so late this entry took forever than expected.

Feedback for Round 6:

I really appreciate the placement and blends to represent a journey a narration of development. The stock imagery is very complimentary to your theme, and storytelling you captured it perfectly. The colour scheme is overall bold it adds dramatic expression towards your storytelling. Your typography is really old-fashioned and it adds character towards your scale. The only criticism I have and It's me trying to encourage you to use your own handwritten more often it adds a unique characteristic which IMO is artistic and creative. So, my advice to you is to use your own handwritten font and to be even wilder and more confident in the future if you ever decide to use your own handwritten font again. Because I really enjoyed looking at your requirement. I thought you were really creative within the lines adding the shapes of my previous piece was a really great idea. From start to finish you told the story so well. Your blending skill is always impressive. I really loved this! well done! Nina!

Round 7: Exorcism - Buffylover "A Case Of You."

I recently watched this film called 'The Taking Of Deborah Logan'. When I watched this I thought it was an excellent idea for this challenge. However, this film wasn't about 'exorcism' it was more about possession. I personally think it's the same thing (I think lol) but within this film, I dedicated on showcasing the demon Desjardin covering the main image of Deborah full of snakes which were perfect because the serpent is connecting to evil The devil.

Within your feedback, I made your own type the focal point of the requirement you set me. I have to admit Nina it was easy because I absolutely love and adore Joni Mitchell so I decide to do 'case of you'.

"You taste so bitter
    And so sweet"

Upside down the type to represent the upside down cross.

Credits;
    Stock; Snakes from 'Getty images and Google images'
    Screencaps; Google (Mind you it was hard to find the best quality)
    Textures; Photoshop filters.

The requirement for Round 8:

I want you Nina to create Tumblr graphics...

Good Luck!

Last edited by buffylover; 14-01-19 at 03:27 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Nina (15-01-19),Paracelsus'Lady (23-01-19),Silver1 (18-02-19),Stoney (19-01-19),TriBel (15-01-19)

Thanks

Feedback for Round 7:

What I love about your piece is the choice to create the text in the shape of a reversed cross. It's clever. Although it took me a while to understand what you did with the text in the first panel. Sadly enough, I never heard of the movie so I can't really comment on the character you used. So I also might miss something of the story you hid in the symbolism, because I would say that my main issue with your piece is that there is so little storytelling. Exorcism is a process, something happens during an exorcism. But in your piece nothing really happens. Her face tells me nothing, the text and the snakes do tell me that there is a certain darkness about her or surrounding her. Also visually there is nothing that truly grabs my attention. Usually I love your minimalism and it's very rare that your work doesn't caputure me. But in this case it doesn't work for me, sorry. It might also be because you've already made a superior version with this concept a few weeks ago.

Round 8: Exorcism - Nina "but deliver us from evil"

Vannessa Ives, the main character in the show 'Penny Dreadful', was possessed by the devil until there was a rather succesful exorcism in season 1. At first I wanted to do that scene but it was a rather boring scene visually and the screencaps were not all that great. So instead I went with the season 3 episode 'A Blade of Grass'. A flashback episode about her time in the asylum where she checked herself in when she figured that there was wrong with her. It's one of the greatest episodes I've ever seen. Pretty much the whole episode takes place in her cell in the asylum and only three actors appear: Eva Green (Vanessa), Rory Kinnear (as the orderly) and Patti LuPone (the therapist who put -present day- Vanessa under hypnosis, bringing her back to that cell). It's an acting masterclass by all three of them.

Vanessa is fighting the possession on her own. The horrid methods of the asylum can't help her, she is not crazy after all. Lucifer and Dracula fight to submit her, possess her. But Vanessa continues to fight. She prays to God (and in the show He does exist) but I'm pretty sure she manages to set herself free. With the help from the kind orderly. The orderly has no idea what happens to Vanessa, but he cares deeply for her and keeps Vanessa sane with his kindness. There is a stunning scene where Vanessa is standing in the corner locked up in one of those creepy asylum jackets and they gagged her. She is dirty and just stares at a wall. The orderly puts her on a chair and takes out the gag. After that he starts brushing her hair and puts on some make-up (his wife told him how to do it) and he starts reading her poems because he knows she loves those. And by doing that he gives the once proud and strong lady her dignity back, remembering her who she is. It's truly one of my favourite scenes ever. <3

Resources: Genrecaps, Elfiestrinkets, Brusheezy & Aaron Griffin

The requirement for Round 10:

Your last round already! Good luck.

I want you to make something without the colour red. You've used that colour enough this battle.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

buffylover (19-01-19),Paracelsus'Lady (23-01-19),Priceless (19-01-19),Silver1 (18-02-19),Stoney (19-01-19),TriBel (18-02-19)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

Nina basically, she turns into a snake, not in a literal sense but a snake formation within a human body hence the snake imagery. And I personally find this is one of my best and sadly I can't win them all.

Feedback for Round 8:

What I adore and love about your Tumblr graphic set is it that you accomplished a scene and story within your blend and expressive emotion. I love the imagery it blends perfectly with your mood and, I also love the grunge gothic atmosphere. The textures are beneficial, it adds a distinctive feel towards your image very resourceful as it adds an abstract horrifying feel, but, still showcasing that dignity and sensitivity within your execution, you showed her vulnerability perfectly in the story of your graphics. My favourite graphic is the fifth one just because I love the scribble texture behind her it adds an impressionistic conceptual feel towards her imagery. I love your typography! within the composition, you place the type around your graphics really interesting and fascinating, glad you didn't add any more because that would have spoiled the flow but you executed amazingly with the right amount of font. I adore how you decorate your typography within the golden shine, it really suited the whole colour scheme of your mood and style.

Round 9: The devil himself - Buffylover "Beyond sin, beyond death"

Unpopular opinion I actually like season 7 of Buffy and of the concept of the first evil.

"You think you can fight me. I'm not
    a demon, little girl. I'm something
    you can't conceive. The first evil.
    Beyond sin, beyond death... I am
    the thing the darkness fears. You
    will never see me, but I am
    everywhere. Every being, every
    thought, every drop of hate"

I feel that the concept of the first evil was a perfect way to show and to represent the devil himself. I wanted to use your praying image because I thought that was excellent to represent a loss of hope. I went back to my illustration side of things and I did your requirement not to use the colour red. But I ended up doing a red version anyway which is on my Tumblr.

Credits;
    Stock; My own drawings
    Screencaps; Mine. 'VLC screengrabs' on the episode I specifically download. {here}.

The requirement for Round 10:

Nina, I want you to use red!

Good Luck for the finale round!

Last edited by buffylover; 14-02-19 at 05:31 PM.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Nina (14-02-19),Priceless (14-02-19),Silver1 (18-02-19),Stoney (14-02-19),TriBel (18-02-19)

Thanks

And here we are, the final round of the battle. Thanks for doing a battle with me.

Feedback for Round 9:
    I'm going to do something weird for this feedback. I'm cutting up your piece. And I feel comfortable doing this because I saw that your Tumblr-version also has a different fourth panel.

The first three panels are spectacular. Your illustrated work is clean, clear and in the panel with Caleb it also translates emotion to your canvas. I love that you did not simply duplicate Buffy's head but actually made two heads. They might look alike at first glance, but there are some crucial differences. The balance between the darker colour and the lighter colour give these panels a welcome punch. The only thing that seems to be a bit of an ill fit are the colours (probably why you made the red one for Tumblr). Those colours tell a story that conflicts with the story of the subjects. And I think that this brings me to why I had to cut up this feedback (and your piece) in two parts.

The fourth panel only exists to meet the requirements for the battle. It's not really a part of the artwork. The first three panels are pretty literal translations from what we saw on tv, the last one is meta. The balance between the darker colour and the lighter colour is different and the part you took from my previous round has nothing to do with BtVS season 7. And when one looks at the version you posted at Tumblr, it all becomes clear. There you have a fourth panel without the praying woman but with Caleb conversing with something devil-ish. That fourth panel fits with the other three both thematically and visually. In other words, the Tumblr version is the real version...

And I don't really know how to feedback that. And even more complicated... I don't really know how to feel about it. Several times I tried to find the words to explain why it bothers me. But my English isn't sufficient, so I leave it with saying that your Tumblr-version is stunning. But your round 9 is a bit disappointing.

Round 10: The devil himself - Nina "Faust"

I went for Faust this final round. It's an old German legend about a bored professor who makes a deal with the devil. For 7 years the devil will work for him, Faust can wish anything and the devil will do it. After that Faust is owned by the devil. Here in The Netherlands we've our own versions of that legend. Not that odd considering we're nothing but swamp Germans. One of them takes place at castle Waardenburg. Legend has it that Faust lived and worked there. As Joost (in Dutch both a nickname for the devil and a normal name for a male) the devil does Faust's bidding for seven years. After four years of hard work Joost suggests that they call of the arrangement but Faust has none of it. So for three more years Joost has to do all sorts of impossible things like bringing back the flour Faust just threw in the moat and let summer flowers bloom on the first of january. After seven years, when it's midnight a big black poodle appears. He barks and pulls Faust through the window and drags him into hell. Neither Faust or Joost was ever seen again. The maid never managed to remove the blood stains from the wall near that window.

When I saw your round 9 I knew that I wanted to use the devil. So I did. The castle is of course castle Waardenburg (although it did look differently in the 15th century because it was burned to the ground a century later during the conflict we call the Eighty Years' War. I used a line from the original Dutch text. It says something like: "By the hairs he dragged the doctor into hell". I tried to use more red because it was an requirement to use red. But in the end I decided that the red was stronger as a colour to make the devil and the blood stand out instead of making the sky red as well.

It's a bit cartoony with the big red devil and all the blood. But I hope that it works this time considering the chosen style and the subject.

Alternative Link
    Resources: Nancy Fotografie, Pixabay, All Poodle Info, Brusheezy, Krakograff

(The wallpaper lost some sharpness during the upload.)

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

buffylover (18-02-19),Priceless (18-02-19),Silver1 (18-02-19),TriBel (18-02-19)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

Nina, both versions are the real versions because I do hope you know that 4th panel is the first spirit? my reference of both versions was from BTVS episode 'Amends'.

Feedback for round 10:

What I really loved about your piece Nina was the fact you made my drawing of 'The first spirit' look like a devil in an illustrative way. The bold red making it greater to look at It goes really nice with your journey of the wallpaper the red draws you into the blood trail at the bottom of your piece. I really loved how you linked everything together like a collage style. The images are small but, it adds a dramatic feel to your piece. For example, it feels to me that the devil in your piece is a powerful force which I really loved. The feels of the colours are really scary, also eerie and very hauntingly dark. Your piece is not dark it's the narration you told which I really admire it feels to me everything is outside, and that the circle to me represents a moon. I also found that the house was executed perfectly adding those little touches of the inside light and windows was fantastic.

Thank you for the battle Nina I really enjoyed it. I did learn about this battle that I'm only going to do wallpapers next time if I ever decided to do a battle.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Nina (18-02-19)

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. The circle is indeed the moon because I needed something to reference to it being midnight and I figured that a modern clock with two arms would look a bit strange considering Faust lived at the end of the middle ages.

And I understood that it was the First, but did not recognize which episode. I've not watched BtVS in years.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

buffylover (18-02-19)