Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Positives And Negatives - Season 5

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    Lol, I wasn't really being serious.

Plus, I don't really know what the dynamics are as I haven't caught up on the season yet. I'll get to it eventually.
    You'll love Damage and Shells (sorry not Hole in the World) 2 of the best episodes the show did plus Dana the Vampire Slayer and Illyria

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (02-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,979 Times in 5,395 Posts

Have you watched S1-4 then SpuffyGlitz?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (03-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 702 Posts

Not yet actually - the revisiting of S5 was because that's where ASR's at right now. I've seen TGIQ, and bits from other early episodes, but that's it.

I've decided to only watch her reactions to the bits I've already seen, and keep the rest downloaded to revisit when I get to the season chronologically.
    Another world is not only possible, she is on her way.
    On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing. -- Roy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Stoney (03-06-19)

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Not yet actually - the revisiting of S5 was because that's where ASR's at right now. I've seen TGIQ, and bits from other early episodes, but that's it.

I've decided to only watch her reactions to the bits I've already seen, and keep the rest downloaded to revisit when I get to the season chronologically.

I was always curious why people watched Buffy but not Angel. I was curious why you hadn't. I think its impossible to watch Faith in Buffy S7 without watching 5by5 and Sanctuary in Angel S1

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (03-06-19)

Thanks

You know, I have no idea why. I was intrigued that Cordy branched off into the Angel show, but somehow never got around to watching it. I think it's because on a subconscious level I just felt I'd always be more interested in the Buffy show than the Angel spin-off.

I do realise that means I probably lacked a lot of context, considering the amount of overlap and cross-overs across both shows.
    Last edited by SpuffyGlitz; 03-06-19 at 10:02 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (03-06-19)

Thanks

I've been really enjoying looking for thematic ties between the sister episodes in AtS within the BtVS rewatch from S4 onwards. The S6/S3 pairing is particularly rich and there are some fantastic compare/contrast on the character paths in the real thick of events in those seasons that I have really found deepened how I considered what the characters in each show were going through against the other. I think you'll love it.

I do hope you'll consider both adding to the positives/negative threads as you go through AtS but also creating that general thread to post thoughts on the eps/seasons as you go along. I'd love to hear your pov on it and chronologically is always the best.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (03-06-19)

Library Researcher
    Thanks

You know, I have no idea why. I was intrigued that Cordy branched off into the Angel show, but somehow never got around to watching it. I think it's because on a subconscious level I just felt I'd always be more interested in the Buffy show than the Angel spin-off.

I do realise that means I probably lacked a lot of context, considering the amount of overlap and cross-overs across both shows.
    If no others you have to see IWRY/ 5by5 and Sanctuary and the episode Darla in S2

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (03-06-19)

Thanks

Oh, I definitely plan to see them all. I've just been lax in my catching up - I caught City Of and loved it, I liked Lonely Hearts (not as much as City Of though), and I have yet to watch the whole of In the Dark (I know it follows HLOD because of the Gem thing). So far, I'm liking Cordelia a lot, Angel's obviously the hero (I loved him in City Of, and I liked the chemistry with this new Kate person in Lonely Hearts - but it probably won't amount to anything...also, Angel looks pretty studly in that bar scene.. I'm hoping Cordy sort of becomes a hero too). I'm not sure exactly what Doyle's role will shape into (is he Angel's sidekick or Cordy's sidekick or Cordy's love interest or just someone who crushes on Cordy unrequitedly and or helps/ guides Angel?) I'm not sure if I can ship them (if that ever does develop.) There's something Whistler-ish about him but he's less "street"/ gritty than Whistler.

I've only seen two episodes so far, clearly I have a long way to But I've liked it so far. Liam Duke seems to not like those sudden "jumps" or flashy transitions from scene-to-scene, personally I like it, it's unique to AtS and marks the show's individual style/ big city feel. Also - I love the AtS theme song (Sanctuary by Darling Violetta.) It's perfect it just "fits" Angel. So..yeah, these are just my random thoughts on having only seen 2 episodes.
    Last edited by SpuffyGlitz; 03-06-19 at 03:17 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (03-06-19),Stoney (03-06-19)

Thanks

I'm really pleased to hear that you intend to go through the whole show. It's the best way to get a real sense of character paths/progression. I'm going to cross fingers and toes that you go for starting up your own thread. I did it when I first watched AtS and made it a rewatch thread for any other members that wanted to watch along with me (they just appreciated that I didn't want spoiling ahead of where I was so dropped into spoiler brackets I avoided if they wanted to raise a point about a future development).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (03-06-19)