Thread: James Marsters tweeted, asking everybody to vote

Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 1,740 Posts

Default James Marsters tweeted, asking everybody to vote

James Marsters wants your picture (if you are an US citizen and have a twitter account and you will have voted in the upcoming election).

https://twitter.com/JamesMarstersOf/...44987027767297

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

bespangled (09-10-18),Silver1 (09-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,070 Times in 4,380 Posts

He's been marching recently. I think even the most un-political people (not saying that JM is that) are getting political lately, what with Trump and Kavanaugh etc. And now Kirsty Swanson is a rampant Republican

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (09-10-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,243 Posts

Good for him!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    Good for him!
    I agree - but I think it's a bit sad when you need an endorsement from a celebrity to persuade you to vote.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-10-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

I don't see It like that, not for me anyway. I just like It when some folks feel the subject is important enough to stick their heads above the parapet now and again.

If you're an actor who's dependent on your audience that takes guts, especially in this day and age.

And yes, you may think It's sad, but It's surprising how many people think somebody else will vote and theirs isn't needed. Thats how bloody Brexit ended up going the way it did.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

TriBel (10-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 862 Posts

I follow him on twitter ad he is very political, and very involved in several issues. One of the things I like about certain celebrities is they risk alienating fans by taking strong stands. I admire people like Clooney and Jolie who care more about reality than celebrity.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-10-18),Silver1 (10-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    I don't see It like that, not for me anyway. I just like It when some folks feel the subject is important enough to stick their heads above the parapet now and again.

If you're an actor who's dependent on your audience that takes guts, especially in this day and age.

And yes, you may think It's sad, but It's surprising how many people think somebody else will vote and theirs isn't needed. Thats how bloody Brexit ended up going the way it did.
    Which is kind of the point I was making. It wasn't a comment on him but on the apathy of (some) people. I think it's sad (in the old fashioned meaning of the world) that people fought and died to ensure universal suffrage and yet a "like" on Twitter might be the thing that prompts some people to exercise the privilege. Perhaps I'm being naive but I grew up in a household that was politically active - my dad was an NUM convener in the 60s. They called meetings after 4.00pm to ensure management had to provide a pie and a bottle of milk to those who attended. Heroes in my family were politicians like Jack Ashley https://www.independent.co.uk/news/o...e-7668932.html I know how important politics is. I experienced the miners strike first hand. I know the women who ran the soup kitchens. I know how it split communities and the effect it had on families. I know at least one person who committed suicide because of it - he was 23 and left 4 kids. And don't start me on bloody Brexit...

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (10-10-18),Priceless (10-10-18),Silver1 (10-10-18),Stoney (10-10-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

I think It's because people dislike what every political party has done/not done the last few years. What they promise and what they deliver end up being two very different things sadly.

And yeah, at 61 years of age I'm old enough to know how politics has impacted on our country too.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

TriBel (10-10-18)