Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lizerrrbeathan fics discussion thread

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Are these still online? I can't find them.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,453 Posts

Very few of them are still available via waybackmachine. The links for those are in the Adieu thread, I think. But you are welcome to pm me with your email adress for any fics you‘d like to read.

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

By any chance, are you still willing to pass along copies of the stories that you have? I've loved everything that I've managed to find. There really aren't many other writers of Buffy/Spike that have such an interesting and individual command of prose the way Lizerrrbeathan does.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to authentick For This Useful Post:

Priceless (20-03-19),SpuffyGlitz (20-03-19),Stoney (20-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,453 Posts

Hi authentic,

welcome to the forum! I absolutely agree with you. Lizerrrbeathan`s stories are unique and she is one of the best Spuffy fanfic writers ever. You can send me a pm with your email and I can pass along whatever you are looking for. Sadly this forum requires you to post at least five posts before you are able to send and recieve pm`s. But we would all be delighted, if you are willing to join in our conversations on the forum with your own posts.

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

authentick (21-03-19),Priceless (20-03-19)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Thanks so much! I tried to post a reply a while ago but it seems to have gotten stuck in moderation limbo, so I'll give it another shot.

I can’t remember exactly what I said, but I was trying to describe why I liked (what I could find of) Lizerrrbeathan's fic, and what it came down to is that I think it really uses what Buffy/Spike means in the context of the show itself, while still of course doing its own lushly romantic thing. Justice Just Us was the most this way but Spike In Snowlight also had it.

Mainly I think of Buffy and Spike as embodying this tension throughout the show between humanity and monstrousness. Sometimes it’s the tension between Buffy’s emotional, connected humanity and her mission-oriented Slayerly “monstrousness”. And sometimes it’s between her soulful heroism and her baser desires. Regardless, Spike always seems to represent something really specific to Buffy when it comes to these tensions. In season six he’s her fear that she’s evil and dead and wrong, and in season seven he’s her hope that she’s capable of helping and relating to people. I see an intimate relationship between her self-punishment via Spike in six and her self-belief via Spike in seven.

In general, the Buffyverse seems very preoccupied with things like redemption and maturity, and I’d argue Buffy and Spike’s attempts to integrate their conflicting selves (coming from opposite moral directions) are one of the big ways the show deals with those themes. Definitely just my interpretation, of course. But what’s cool about Justice Just Us is that in some ways it takes the both the ideas of “redemption” (ie, being right with the universe, ie “Justice”) and “maturity” (ie, being a physical and emotional person in the world, ie “Just Us”) more seriously than the show itself does. And has all of the characters end up in a way more integrated place. So we see “justice” play out via actual cosmic legal process, and characters thinking really concretely about what they owe the universe because of their actions. And we see emotional connection play out via romance and family in a way that’s more interested in how one lives out love on a day to day basis than creating TV drama. Which is pretty neat.
    Last edited by authentick; 28-03-19 at 05:37 AM.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to authentick For This Useful Post:

flow (25-05-19),GoSpuffy (28-03-19),Priceless (28-03-19),Stoney (28-03-19),thenewbuzwuzz (28-03-19),TriBel (28-03-19)