Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Best Episodes of AtS

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,038 Times in 1,336 Posts

I'm ready to start chipping away at Release. Angelus, funny destroyer of the Beast and researcher of the Beast's Master, annoys me SO MUCH. The Faith/Wesley stuff is excellent but I have to pretend that BtVS S2 Angelus is on the streets and he's eating people and a very serious threat to AI and the world at large so that Faith/Wesley stuff has the impact that it's designed to have.

Release -
    Soulless +

Deep Down 7
    Spin the Bottle 8
    Habeas Corpses 5
    Awakening 7
    Soulless 8
    Calvary 4
    Salvage 5
    Release 8
    Shiny Happy People 5
    The Magic Bullet 6
    Peace Out 6
    Home 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    13. Sacrifice
    14. Orpheus
    15. Inside Out
    16. Apocalypse Nowish
    17. Supersymmetry
    18. Long Day's Journey
    19. Players
    20. Ground State
    21. Slouching Toward Bethlehem
    22. The House Always Wins

Results:
    Top 3 of season 1: 3rd - To Shanshu in LA, 2nd - The Prodigal, 1st - Five by Five
    Top 3 of season 2: 3rd - Reprise, 2nd - Darla, 1st - Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been
    Top 3 of season 3: 3rd - Forgiving, 2nd - Lullaby, 1st - Sleep Tight
    Top 3 of season 4:
    Top 3 of season 5:
    Top 3 overall:

Thanks

Well, you're gonna have a fight on your hands, cause Release is my favorite episode in the whole series!

Release +
    Awakening -

Deep Down 7
    Spin the Bottle 8
    Habeas Corpses 5
    Awakening 6
    Soulless 8
    Calvary 4
    Salvage 5
    Release 9
    Shiny Happy People 5
    The Magic Bullet 6
    Peace Out 6
    Home 7

Reset at:

Eliminated:
    13. Sacrifice
    14. Orpheus
    15. Inside Out
    16. Apocalypse Nowish
    17. Supersymmetry
    18. Long Day's Journey
    19. Players
    20. Ground State
    21. Slouching Toward Bethlehem
    22. The House Always Wins

Results:
    Top 3 of season 1: 3rd - To Shanshu in LA, 2nd - The Prodigal, 1st - Five by Five
    Top 3 of season 2: 3rd - Reprise, 2nd - Darla, 1st - Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been
    Top 3 of season 3: 3rd - Forgiving, 2nd - Lullaby, 1st - Sleep Tight
    Top 3 of season 4:
    Top 3 of season 5:
    Top 3 overall:
    I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even hot.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,038 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Puppet View Post
    Well, you're gonna have a fight on your hands, cause Release is my favorite episode in the whole series!
    I figured. You've really been campaigning for this one. I'm sorry- I'd love to support a big Faith/Wesley episode myself. I love those characters and that dynamic. The Angelus stuff is too big a flaw for me, though.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,912 Times in 4,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Puppet View Post
    Can I ask why it is? I find most of the Angel unsouled eps in S4 a bit disappointing and I love S4. There's some good woven in for sure, seeing Wes/Faith tracking Angel and Wes' attack on that women really underline how hardened he's become and the moment Angel bites Faith are all great, but Angel once he is free is mostly a damp squib. I think I'd have it get past the next reset, but I wouldn't have it in the top five I don't think, and definitely not rate it above all others in the series. Amusingly, I would probably put Awakening, the one you have been consistently trying to vote off, way ahead of it.
    Last edited by Stoney; Today at 04:06 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Dipstick (Today)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Can I ask why it is? I find most of the Angel unsouled eps in S4 a bit disappointing and I love S4. There's some good woven in for sure, seeing Wes/Faith tracking Angel and Wes' attack on that women really underline how hardened he's become and the moment Angel bites Faith are all great, but Angel once he is free is mostly a damp squib. I think I'd have it get past the next reset, but I wouldn't have it in the top five I don't think, and definitely not rate it above all others in the series. Amusingly, I would probably put Awakening, the one you have been consistently trying to vote off, way ahead of it.
    Yuck Awakening, just a terrible, bad, no good episode!

Keeping in mind that Wesley and Faith are, along with Spike, my favorite characters in the whole Buffyverse, Release is such an important and great episode for them and for their still-moving arcs. On top of that, I happen to be in the minority that loves S4 Angelus and I find him absolutely hilarious and awesome in this episode. There are other goodies, like the demon-violence spell working on Connor, and Angelus tricking Fred with the fake amulet. All-around, even outside the Wes/Faith stuff, it's just a great episode
    I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even hot.