Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: After Show Reactions

Thanks
    Thanked 3,773 Times in 1,576 Posts

I was wondering if someone had been given her the black microfone that is shaped like a ball and she assumed she was expected to be singing because of the microfone.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

2. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Stoney (01-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,181 Times in 5,483 Posts

Could be that if it was a change of mic (which obviously I wouldn't know about never having seen another).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,918 Times in 735 Posts

buffylover made this stunning banner

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (06-10-18),flow (06-10-18),Priceless (06-10-18),Silver1 (06-10-18)

Graveyard Patrol HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Watched a few of her Buffy & AoS vids. She's cute! Pretty good as react vids go. Been watching some Killing Eve and WayHaught react vids recently. Those are pretty interesting/amusing. Anyone seen any of those?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,773 Times in 1,576 Posts

The tabula rasa vid was the first vid, where I thought she was overdoing it with the stopping and talking. I was hoping she would do Smashed immediately after, but - alas - nothing yet.

HowIMetDaSlayer:
    Killing Eve and WayHaught react vids
    I am sorry, I haven`t even watched those series. Are they good?

flow

ETA:Oh, I forgot to mention this. She knew the Michelle Branch song. She said it had been on Charmed???
    Last edited by flow; 09-10-18 at 12:45 AM.
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (07-10-18),SpuffyGlitz (08-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,187 Times in 3,941 Posts

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched it and was disappointed.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,145 Posts

Yeah, I watched the three video she posted up today. I wish she'd stop nattering through parts of the dialog as she often misses things.

If she was taken aback by the Spuffy shagging in these, god only knows If she's going to be prepared for whats to come.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,187 Times in 3,941 Posts

She annoyed me by going on about the skirt and if anyone lived in that house. As one person on youtube told her, of course no-one lived there, or Spike wouldn't be able to enter.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (13-10-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

Yeah, she seems to have the concentration span of a Mayfly. I mean in one of the videos (Gone?) she gets so distracted looking at another screen that she misses stuff and has to rewind it.

Concentrate hon for god sake.

Oh and after reading some of the comments starting to appear on there already disturbed by the Spuffy stuff, I think we're going a have a right sh*t storm when Seeing Red gets shown.
    Last edited by Silver1; 13-10-18 at 11:55 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-10-18),TriBel (13-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 2,086 Posts

I don't get reaction videos. This is how I look watching TV or a film.

Jose.JPG

Obviously, I'm not him (wrong gender, similar hairstyle, slightly less facial hair and I'd pick a better team) but I have his expression. I occasionally laugh but these are my standard responses:

Bored, horrified, scared: press off button
    Puzzled or in suspense: Ask Alexa how it ends

I sometimes use the phrase WTF! but usually as a precursor to one of the above. If it's good I give a wry smile at the end and say "FM...that was good".

I'm gonna make a non-reaction reaction video.
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-10-18),Puppet (12-11-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

Well there not 'normal' reactions, as I've said on here before there amped up to get viewers/subs. So their responses are going to be very OTT to play to their audience and what they think they want.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-10-18),TriBel (13-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 2,086 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    Well there not 'normal' reactions, as I've said on here before there amped up to get viewers/subs. So their responses are going to be very OTT to play to their audience and what they think they want.
    Like this?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-10-18),Silver1 (13-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,981 Times in 2,729 Posts

I've seen her videos up until Dead Things now and I am somewhat disappointed her reactions. However, I imagine I'm disappointed for very different reasons then you both are/will be.

I have no issues with her shipping Spuffy and I personally consider Season 6 to be the most interesting season for Spuffy by far. They're incredibly interesting this season. However, I feel she's so smitten and so biased that there's a really odd disconnect between watch she's viewing and how she's reacting. She has a very visceral reaction to Warren's behaviour and she was even upset and very critical of Willow's recent behaviour and Willow was her favourite character so she's capable of objectivity. However, in regards to Spuffy she seems either completely blase to the unhealthy aspects of their relationship or there's this weird cognitive dissonance going on between what she's watching and her reactions to it which makes her recent videos pretty unsatisfying to me. I don't necessarily need her to react how I'd react but I'm taken aback by how little she reacts, well, at all

I'd think that even the most ardent Spuffy fans would have strong reactions to Dead Things. Whether it be Spike's behaviour on the balcony or Buffy pummelling Spike's face in you'd expect that she'd have some kind of reaction to it. However, whilst there's glimmers of moments where she seems to recongise that, at the very least, they're both behaving in ways that could be harmful, she also seems very naive about their relationship. For instance, she says that Spike's behaviour on the balcony is "creepy" and then admits that she sees similarities between Spike's rationalisation of Katrina's death and Faith's mantra in Season 3 but at the end of the episode she gushes about how Spike's "perfect" when Buffy is breaking down in Tara's lap. Likewise, when Buffy begins pummelling Spike's face in she does react and pleads with Buffy to "stop" but then immediately says how "this is all Warren's fault" and doesn't seem to really grasp the magnitude of the abuse that has just gone on between Buffy & Spike or the severity of Buffy's actions. She spends the rest of the episode whimsically talking about how Spike was so cute trying to hide Katrina's body for Buffy

I find it unsatisfying because I don't feel that the emotional impact of Buffy's breakdown has any weight for her. She's so blase about their relationship and is perceiving it though such rose-tinted glasses that I feel the conflict Buffy feels about it is totally lost on her. And that's actually fairly true of how she seems to have reacted to most of Buffy's arc this season overall. I mean, she certainly gets teary-eyed when Buffy breaks down sobbing but I think that's simply more at the sight of Buffy crying then actually understanding why she's struggling so much. Likewise, she states repeatedly that Buffy is simply "taking responsibility" for Katrina's death and that's certainly true to an extent and, IMO, it is admirable, but she doesn't seem to grasp that Buffy is also using it as an excuse to abandon her life and responsibilities and she can't grasp why Dawn is so hurt despite the fact that if Buffy goes to jail she's condemning Dawn to foster care.

It's all just very odd. Even when Buffy and Spike are hurling abuse at each other and saying some very hurtful things ("You're just... convenient" / "I knew the only thing better than killing a Slayer would be fu[cking one]") she just smiles throughout it as if it's just harmless banter. It doesn't seem to register with her at all that they're hurting one another. It leaves me completely perplexed as to how she's going to deal with the AR. I think she'll either be so utterly shocked by it because she hasn't taken any of it seriously up until this point or she'll actually be dismissive of it and rationalise it straight away. And just to reiterate, I certainly don't want her to dislike Spuffy by any means as I find it incredibly interesting and enjoyable to watch in Season 6 and I hope she would too. But the power behind the story (both the good and bad elements) all seems totally lost on her. And I don't think it's because she's unintelligent as she has responded strongly to Willow and Warren's behaviour and recognised how disturbing both of their actions have been up at various points in the season. She just seems unwilling to take anything regarding Spuffy seriously.
    Last edited by vampmogs; 13-10-18 at 12:31 PM.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

flow (13-10-18),Silver1 (13-10-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

I've seen her videos up until Dead Things now
    Are you one of her patrons then?

she just smiles throughout it as if it's just harmless banter
    Hate to put It this way then maybe she's just not very bright?

Thanks

Are you one of her patrons then?
    Nope but I have access to one of her Patrons's accounts (with their permission obviously). They also patron for Van so I have access to those videos as well. I like Van. Her reactions are more timid than most but she seems like a really sweet and pleasant person.

Hate to put It this way then maybe she's just not very bright?
    Possibly, but she has a visceral reaction to Warren's actions in that episode and points out straight away that it's disgusting and rape long before he even mind controls Katrina. And she recongised that Willow was behaving badly throughout Season 6 and even commented in her Smashed video that she doesn't feel sympathy for her over losing Tara even though she "was" her favourite character (which implies she may have been so upset with her she stopped considering Willow her favourite). So it's not as if she's incapable of seeing the darker aspects of the story.

I've never heard (or seen) anyone having such a nonchalant reaction to the alleyway beat down. As I said, she says "no" and "please stop" as it's happening and groans but then she doesn't react to Spike's battered face at all and then gets over it straight away and starts complaining that it's all Warren's fault. She doesn't seem to think it's a big deal at all. And she thinks it's romantic that Spike dumps Katrina's body in the river as well and is grinning as he says it as if it's funny or cute or something. It's bizarre
    Last edited by vampmogs; 13-10-18 at 01:00 PM.

Slayer
    Thanks

Her reactions are more timid than most but she seems like a really sweet and pleasant person.
    Yeah, I really like her too.

Possibly, but she has a visceral reaction to Warren's actions in that episode
    Yeah, but visceral isn't quite the same and really processing what you're seeing and understanding what the show wants you to see. Buffy in season 6 isn't a 'kiddie show' and sometimes I don't think some of the reactors don't realise that.

Thanks

Yeah, but visceral isn't quite the same and really processing what you're seeing and understanding what the show wants you to see. Buffy in season 6 isn't a 'kiddie show' and sometimes I don't think some of the reactors don't realise that.
    I guess it's an interesting window into how some people do react to the show But, yeah, it's pretty disappointing overall. I was looking forward to her reaction to Dead Things as it is such a provocative episode but I ended up just extremely confused by it all :

Yeah, I really like her too.
    She seems lovely. I also think her reactions are more authentic than most of other people's. I can see people finding her videos boring as she doesn't exaggerate her reactions as much but I think it's because she's so genuine. She concentrates on the episodes and never takes her eyes off them even when she's talking out loud.
    Last edited by vampmogs; 13-10-18 at 01:17 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (13-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,914 Times in 1,846 Posts

I daresay that some of the meaty moral signfiicance of Season 6 in general and Spuffy in particular may be down to her having already swam through four seasons of rationalized amorality because the vampires are so pretty that is the lodestone of "Vampire Diaries", of which she reaches this point in Season 6 of "Buffy" having already completed the first four seasons of. If you've been normalizing, as a viewer, the first four seasons of everything Damon and Stefan do and are tolerated for doing, I'll be honest, it's almost impossible to imagine circling back to a first pass through Buffy Season 6 and expecting much shock. I mean, innocent human bystander deaths and hiding bodies and beating up loved ones are basically by-episode occurrences on that show.

She (Shan/ASR) was certainly horrified when Alan was stabbed by Faith, but that was much earlier or even before her TVD run started, just for context. By now, I'd have been less surprised if she would have been more than just miffed had Buffy really unintentionally killed Katrina and Spike hidden the body.

But, "Seeing Red" is different, that touches on ground that I don't think TVD ever went with -- or at least not so memorably as I can place it. I imagine she'll be pretty salty, although probably no "go Xander go" salty, and probably pretty immediately distracted by Tara's death. I would, though, guess that by the time "Grave" is over she'll be back in shipper overload, though.

Banner by LRae12

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KingofCretins For This Useful Post:

Puppet (12-11-18),Silver1 (13-10-18),vampmogs (13-10-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

Imo The Vampire Diaries is absolute crap and can't hold a candle to BTVS.

I'm still sticking with she's just a trifle dim myself.

She seems lovely. I also think her reactions are more authentic than most of other people's. I can see people finding her videos boring as she doesn't exaggerate her reactions as much but I think it's because she's so genuine. She concentrates on the episodes and never takes her eyes off them even when she's talking out loud.
    Yes, watching her reactions actually cheers me up in a weird way. I love the quaint little phrases she uses when she's shocked or surprised.

And yes, she actually concentrates when she watches.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,181 Times in 5,483 Posts

The complexity of Spike and Buffy's relationship is why they are so interesting and you don't get to see the highs and lows of that better than S6-7. It sounds like she is missing the toxicity that is developing in the relationship and so will probably be somewhat flawed by how it develops, perhaps until she sees the point of where it is taken. It might just be something that she 'sees' better in hindsight and by the season end. And then of course to how they positively affect each other in S7 as a contrast to S6. She might just need to see more of that wider picture to make her start to view it in different terms. It could mean that she turns to disliking it, or feeling unhappy because it didn't fulfil what she wanted it to be, instead of liking what they wrote of course.
    Last edited by Stoney; 13-10-18 at 01:36 PM.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (13-10-18),SpuffyGlitz (13-10-18),TimeTravellingBunny (13-10-18)