Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: After Show Reactions

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 918 Posts

Awful reaction imo. Most of it sailed right over her head as per.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,804 Posts

It's also a pretty meh episode. Honestly only the finale where it loses its silly high concept put-on and just lets SMH and Lenk bring the gravity makes it worth rewatching. I wonder if this episode is to blame for the roughly once per season self- congratulatory meta episode "Supernatural" throws out there.

LMPTM worked perfectly on her, though - by which she seemed to gravitate as intended to ignoring all the dodgy rationale of yada-ing the trigger and basically adopting the position that Buffy and Spike are always right.

Banner by LRae12

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KingofCretins For This Useful Post:

vampmogs (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,381 Times in 2,525 Posts

I haven’t watched her “LMPTM” reaction yet but I’m not remotely surprised. Sounds pretty much exactly as expected, then.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 536 Posts

I want the fire back. - Buffy Summers

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Priceless (Yesterday),Silver1 (Yesterday),TimeTravellingBunny (Yesterday)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    Awful reaction imo. Most of it sailed right over her head as per.

Unless you're a fan of Andrew it's an awful episode anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,100 Times in 4,945 Posts

I've always really enjoyed Storyteller. I'm very much looking forward to the rewatch hitting S7 soon as I've never discussed a heck of a lot of the episodes in it, including Storyteller.

I still don't watch these reaction vids in great part because I always want to discuss what I read/see from others (also why I don't read posted reviews elsewhere). And on an initial viewing and lack of overall hindsight there's only so deeply they are going to be picking it apart (or that a casual viewer will anyway of course). Genuine question that has been puzzling me: don't you just lose all your free time watching these people, and most seem to watch multiple reactors, watching an episode?? Or do you just jump to key moments in an ep to see how each of the x number you are interested in responded to it?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

flow (Yesterday),TriBel (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,083 Times in 1,261 Posts

I only watch the reactions on YouTube. They don`t cover a whole Episode but only parts of it. Mostly they cut an episode to a length of about twenty minutes. I think you can watch full episode reactions on patreon but I don`t do that.

I have watched every single reaction of After Show Reacts, because I really like her reactions. I admit that she is it`s getting a bit repetetive now, but I want to see how it ends. She is almost done anyway. Of other reactors I only watch an occasional epsiode that I like a lot. I have watched both Van and Liam but as I said, they are nice people but don`t intrigue me enough to spend my time watching them. SpuffyGlitz has recced me a reactioner whose name I have forgotten but she seems to be a lot like After Show Reacts, so I won`t be watching her, although she is really nice as well. I am watching Geeked Out Nation (but not every epsiode) because he is so different as a type and I think he is funny.

But yeah. It takes a lot of my time. I usually watch them instead of watching tv. There is nothing interesting on tv anymore nowadays. At least not here in Germany.

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (Yesterday),Stoney (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,804 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    I haven’t watched her “LMPTM” reaction yet but I’m not remotely surprised. Sounds pretty much exactly as expected, then.
    On the plus side, her "Orpheus" reaction is about everything you would hope it would be, and when it confirms that Faith is going back with Willow she makes a face... well, y'know the Liam Duke thumbnail over his reaction to the flamethrowers in 3.22? That face.

Banner by LRae12

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BtVS fan View Post
    Unless you're a fan of Andrew it's an awful episode anyway.
    Oh I dunno. I'm far from an Andrew fan but I think this episode had It's merits.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (Yesterday),SpuffyGlitz (Yesterday),Stoney (Yesterday),TriBel (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 536 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I've always really enjoyed Storyteller. I'm very much looking forward to the rewatch hitting S7 soon as I've never discussed a heck of a lot of the episodes in it, including Storyteller.

I still don't watch these reaction vids in great part because I always want to discuss what I read/see from others (also why I don't read posted reviews elsewhere). And on an initial viewing and lack of overall hindsight there's only so deeply they are going to be picking it apart (or that a casual viewer will anyway of course). Genuine question that has been puzzling me: don't you just lose all your free time watching these people, and most seem to watch multiple reactors, watching an episode?? Or do you just jump to key moments in an ep to see how each of the x number you are interested in responded to it?
    The only reactors I follow regularly are Liam and ASR, Liam only on YouTube, ASR on Patreon. I find them both really intelligent. The rest are sporadic, unless there's an aspect of a reactor's views I really like - like someone's a huge fan of Buffy specifically, or varied reactions to episodes I love. I admit I don't watch the whole thing, just skim. Sometimes I skip ASR or Liam or put it off till there's more time. But to me I prefer it to reading fanfic atm, and I don't watch much TV.. the only "watching" I do are films, so Buffy reactions are just fun and usually take up an hour and a half a week. They don't necessarily change how I view the show but they do provide food for thought.
    I haven't watched Liam's review of S3 yet (his "season" reviews are always long and detailed), but I watched the last 5 mins of the review for his predictions for the next season and some were just spot on!
    I want the fire back. - Buffy Summers

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (Yesterday),Stoney (Yesterday)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

I would never pay to watch one and only listen to the Buffy/Angel episodes. Once they are done, I'll probably stop. I much prefer Passion of the Nerds reviews

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,612 Times in 2,170 Posts

I only watch the YouTube ones, usually while I'm walking my dogs (instead of listening to various podcasts), or when I'm on the bus or something, or sometimes in bed. And I'm quite behind with some of them (seasons behind with ASR, several episodes behind with Liam, though I am listening to his season 3 review) and have dropped all those I don't particularly care about. (I don't care what the Normies are reacting to, I can't stand them.) I don't just watch Buffy reactions. I've seen all of Liam's Dollhouse season 1 reactions and I watch reactions to other shows I like, too. It depends on my mood.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Stoney (Yesterday)