Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: After Show Reactions

Thanks
    Thanked 12,957 Times in 5,386 Posts

I love Hellbound, it's one of my favourite of the season and of the Spike eps on both shows. Life of the Party wasn't a great S5 ep but there's something to like in all BtVS/AtS episodes I think. Apart perhaps from Expecting.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (06-07-19),Silver1 (29-06-19),vampmogs (01-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,885 Times in 2,702 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I love Hellbound, it's one of my favourite of the season and of the Spike eps on both shows. Life of the Party wasn't a great S5 ep but there's something to like in all BtVS/AtS episodes I think. Apart perhaps from Expecting.
    I like "Hellbound" too. I don't think it's incredible or anything but as far as episodes go, I definitely think it's enjoyable. I think it has a really nice creepy atmosphere and there's a couple of standout scenes for me as well (the Angel/Spike couch scene and the psychic lady are both very memorable, IMO).

I just watched ASR's reaction to "Destiny." BtVS Fan, she wasn't upset at all by Spike/Harmony as far as I can tell. She was more amused by the whole thing and felt a little sorry for Harmony ("Oh Harmony...") but she certainly wasn't angry at Spike or upset as Spuffy shipper in any discernible way.

She seemed to like this one. I was actually pretty surprised by how conflicted she was over Angel vs Spike and how little enjoyment she got out of it. I think she leaned maybe slightly more towards Spike (which wasn't surprising given what a huge fan of his she is) but she looked really upset whenever Spike was hurting Angel despite not agreeing with a lot of Angel's opinion of Spike. I knew she had a lot of affection for Angel but I thought given her hardcore love for Spike that she'd be far more on his side (especially with the flashbacks etc) but I've clearly underestimated how much she cared about Angel's character. She ended the episode by asking her audience to tell her who they think should become human as she can't decide.

It was a good reaction. In the last 2 episodes she seems to have become far more invested again.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (01-07-19),Stoney (01-07-19),TimeTravellingBunny (01-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,885 Times in 2,702 Posts

I've caught up on ASR's reactions to "Harms Way", "Damage" and "Soul Purpose." Man, I'd forgotten how much I love "Soul Purpose" and "Damage" in particular. They're both really superb episodes.

She seems to be enjoying the season a lot more now which is good.

She was *really* excited when Dana was revealed to be a Slayer. Although she was a tad disappointed when Giles' "top guy" turned out to be Andrew (she was hoping for Xander). She really enjoyed how the episode explored the consequences of the Empowerment Spell and admitted that she hadn't expected to see that in AtS. This was also one of those rare occasions where I thought she was really insightful in her thoughts about the episode. I don't actually agree with her but she had problems with the fact that Spike didn't realise Dana was a Slayer and she felt that they sacrificed consistent characterisation for a joke. Her rationale was essentially that Spike has fought a lot of Slayers and that she felt "Fool For Love" implied that Slayers all fight the same and therefore she'd expect Spike to recognise this when fighting Dana. I think there's some similarities in how Slayers fight but I don't think it's true that they all fight the same (Buffy, Kendra and Faith all had very different fighting styles) and I wouldn't expect Spike to figure this out based on trading a few blows with Dana.

Nevertheless, she said she really enjoyed the episode. She doesn't believe Buffy didn't trust Angel either and thinks Andrew said that just to be cruel. That scene used to get debated about a LOT in fandom with all kinds of conspiracy theories as to whether Buffy even knew about Dana (a lot of people thought that Giles and Andrew went behind her back etc). It's actually been a long while since I've seen it discussed...

She seemed to enjoy "Soul Purpose" a lot too. I've always thought this was a really underrated episode myself. I will hand it to DB and say I think he did a excellent job directing because it really stands out throughout this episode. She loved the callbacks to Season 1 with Spike using the "Batman stakes" and she was really pissed off that Lindsey was pretending to be Doyle.

Van has also just finished "Spiral." She said she feels really stressed about the current developments and mentioned how Season 5 is much more stressful than Season 4 which I'd say practically everyone would agree with She's feeling for Buffy a lot right now.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (06-07-19),Silver1 (06-07-19),Stoney (06-07-19)

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    I've caught up on ASR's reactions to "Harms Way", "Damage" and "Soul Purpose." Man, I'd forgotten how much I love "Soul Purpose" and "Damage" in particular. They're both really superb episodes.

She seems to be enjoying the season a lot more now which is good.

She was *really* excited when Dana was revealed to be a Slayer. Although she was a tad disappointed when Giles' "top guy" turned out to be Andrew (she was hoping for Xander). She really enjoyed how the episode explored the consequences of the Empowerment Spell and admitted that she hadn't expected to see that in AtS. This was also one of those rare occasions where I thought she was really insightful in her thoughts about the episode. I don't actually agree with her but she had problems with the fact that Spike didn't realise Dana was a Slayer and she felt that they sacrificed consistent characterisation for a joke. Her rationale was essentially that Spike has fought a lot of Slayers and that she felt "Fool For Love" implied that Slayers all fight the same and therefore she'd expect Spike to recognise this when fighting Dana. I think there's some similarities in how Slayers fight but I don't think it's true that they all fight the same (Buffy, Kendra and Faith all had very different fighting styles) and I wouldn't expect Spike to figure this out based on trading a few blows with Dana.

Nevertheless, she said she really enjoyed the episode. She doesn't believe Buffy didn't trust Angel either and thinks Andrew said that just to be cruel. That scene used to get debated about a LOT in fandom with all kinds of conspiracy theories as to whether Buffy even knew about Dana (a lot of people thought that Giles and Andrew went behind her back etc). It's actually been a long while since I've seen it discussed...

She seemed to enjoy "Soul Purpose" a lot too. I've always thought this was a really underrated episode myself. I will hand it to DB and say I think he did a excellent job directing because it really stands out throughout this episode. She loved the callbacks to Season 1 with Spike using the "Batman stakes" and she was really pissed off that Lindsey was pretending to be Doyle.

Van has also just finished "Spiral." She said she feels really stressed about the current developments and mentioned how Season 5 is much more stressful than Season 4 which I'd say practically everyone would agree with She's feeling for Buffy a lot right now.
    What did Van think of Buffy kissing Spike in Intervention?
    What did she think of Riley leaving ?
    What did she think of Angel sleeping with Darla and locking the laywers in with Darla and Dru ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (06-07-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,106 Posts

This chap over here has just started doing AtS reactions, which makes a change as most folks seem to ignore it sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTuZ9_iONXM

Lets hope he gets his sound sorted out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (07-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,701 Times in 2,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    This chap over here has just started doing AtS reactions, which makes a change as most folks seem to ignore it sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTuZ9_iONXM

Lets hope he gets his sound sorted out.
    They don't. Most reactors new to Buffy are starting AtS at the same time as S4 of BtVS and watching them in parallel. This guy has already seen Buffy, but never Angel.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,520 Posts

I have finally caught up with Geeked Out Nations reaction to Becoming I and II on YouTube.

I still like his reviews and I am a bit surprised that others here think he doesn't like Buffy. I don't get that impression at all.He explicitly says he loves her as a character. He also says he is not on her side regarding the Angel question. He firmly thinks Angel can never be redeemed and should be killed. He is with Xander on that and also I don't share his point opf view it is a fair one and he is entiteld to it. But his opinion on that matter doesn't make him dislike Buffy.

Is it possible he says something negative about Buffy on Patreon that's edited in the cut Versions for YouTube?

I think his reaction was okay. He even apoligized twice for the fact that he had laugedd about Spike punching Dru in the face. He said it's not okay to laugh when a guy hits a woman, but hey - Dru had punched Spike first. I had no issues with laughing about that scene myself.

Spike and soulless Angels are probably more dear to him than Buffy is. But he acknowledges that they are the villains and he just thinks they are very good villains. Xander is probably still his favorite character.

He was very surprised about Spike teaming up with Buffy and he instantly said "I didn't know I wanted this until I wanted it!". So now I am eagerly waiting for his reaction to Something Blue- Alas, it's still 31 episodes away...

I was very surprised he only gave Becoming part II 9 out of 10. Imho it's one of the best episodes of the whole series.

flow
    [IMG][/IMG]

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-07-19),Silver1 (14-07-19)