Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1118

Thread: New Buffy series from BOOM! officially announced!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 824 Posts

Love how everyone looks in the covers. Hope the inside art matches (or comes close!)

The symbolism is interesting - snakes and blue lotuses. Spidelia is not a surprise at all. That kiss looks super awkward though. It's not something I'm bothered by, this is an alternative setup so I hope they explore it in an interesting way.
    buffylover made this stunning banner

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Priceless (02-07-19),Stoney (01-07-19),TriBel (01-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 419 Posts

I love the one that looks like an old fashioned movie poster. Excited for Spi... I mean, William and Cordelia <3 New Cordy is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    The symbolism is interesting - snakes and blue lotuses.
    The snake probably signifies Lilith. She gives Angel a magic apple in the latest issue.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willow from Buffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (02-07-19),SpuffyGlitz (02-07-19),Stoney (02-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    Love how everyone looks in the covers. Hope the inside art matches (or comes close!)

The symbolism is interesting - snakes and blue lotuses. Spidelia is not a surprise at all. That kiss looks super awkward though. It's not something I'm bothered by, this is an alternative setup so I hope they explore it in an interesting way.
    The snake and the lotus https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...e21921569.ece1

I've no bloody idea what it's talking about but it looks interesting. I haven't consumed enough caffeine to make sense of it!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (02-07-19),Silver1 (02-07-19),SpuffyGlitz (02-07-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,974 Times in 761 Posts

HELLMOUTH is Coming to BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #9

Spoiler:
    The events of the historic Buffy and Angel event, HELLMOUTH, have left the town of Sunnydale without its Slayer. And since Buffy’s missing in action, it’s up to the All-New Scooby Gang of Cordelia, Robin, Willow and Xander to save everyone in town. There’s just one problem—the Hellmouth is spreading evil throughout the city, putting everyone under its thrall. As the inhabitants of Sunnydale turn on one another, will the Scooby Gang be enough to save the town from utter chaos and destruction?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

BAF (10-07-19),Double Dutchess (10-07-19),Priceless (10-07-19),Silver1 (10-07-19)

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 641 Posts

Interesting that Giles isn’t mentioned as being part of the Scooby gang. And it seems like Rose hasn’t been brought into the group. I think now would be a great time to introduce Oz.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,813 Times in 5,723 Posts

The two Dru covers are fantastic, especially the final one. I think this issue sounds great.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (10-07-19),HowiMetdaSlayer (10-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,092 Times in 1,701 Posts

Someone on FB pointed out that the flowers in the Buffy cover are called Sweet William.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

13. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,876 Times in 4,271 Posts

Spoiler:
    So now they've written Buffy out of her own title Honestly, why don't they just change it to The Adventures of the Scoobie Gang? I know Buffy's probably trapped in the Hellmouth, fighting the good fight down there, but if the Scoobie gang are so good without her, why bother trying to get her back.

I like all the covers, though the one of Buffy hanging upside down and tied up is a bit too fetishistic for me. Then the McGee cover has her as some sort of virgin queen. Kevin Wada's Dru in blue is my favourite.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,581 Times in 1,228 Posts

Do you get that image is a parody of the 'hanging man' tarot card?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (10-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    Do you get that image is a parody of the 'hanging man' tarot card?
    I assumed it had some deeper meaning, though I didn't pick up on the hanged man, but I still don't like it. Do you know what the card signifies?

Slayer
    Thanks

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (10-07-19),Double Dutchess (10-07-19),Priceless (10-07-19)

Thanks

Definitely the hanged man. I agree about the fetish connotations (why is she wearing stockings?). It uses the same colour scheme as the Angel on a Rock cover.

Sweet William - nice thought but SW grow in a dense umbel and only have five petals (with jagged edges).

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-07-19),Silver1 (10-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,813 Times in 5,723 Posts

I honestly didn't think it was Buffy. The old style shoes and stockings are just weird. At first I thought it was supposed to be Joyce and then concluded that was highly unlikely and it was probably Anya. Totally willing to accept it's Buffy, I just really didn't see it as her.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (10-07-19),TriBel (10-07-19)

Thanks

Sacrifice, Release and Martyrdom . . . is not looking good for our heroine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Definitely the hanged man. I agree about the fetish connotations (why is she wearing stockings?). It uses the same colour scheme as the Angel on a Rock cover.

Sweet William - nice thought but SW grow in a dense umbel and only have five petals (with jagged edges).
    Exactly what I thought, it may have a depth of meaning, but on the surface it's a 16 year old girl in stockings, showing her thighs all tied up. Might say more about the artist than the art

I noticed the autumnal leaves etc. that are also on the Angel cover. There are definite ties between the two. It could be another crossover episode, or simply tying Angel and Buffy together in our minds?

Silver 1's tarot meaning is also telling. Will Buffy finally be called upon to be the heroine of her own story (at last!)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I honestly didn't think it was Buffy. The old style shoes and stockings are just weird. At first I thought it was supposed to be Joyce and then concluded that was highly unlikely and it was probably Anya. Totally willing to accept it's Buffy, I just really didn't see it as her.
    It could be an earlier slayer? I think it's definitely a slayer because of the stake in her hand. It could tie Angel to an earlier slayer? Although the simplest explanation is that it's Buffy.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (10-07-19),Stoney (10-07-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

Remember though when it comes to comic covers never take them all that seriously as they have a habit of often being misleading.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-07-19),TriBel (10-07-19)

Thanks

Remember though when it comes to comic covers never take them all that seriously as they have a habit of often being misleading.
    I do have a tendency to read a lot into them . . . and then get disappointed when the contents don't meet my expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone confirm for definite that Buffy will not be appearing in issue #9 at all and it will focus solely on the scoobies? The more I think about that, the more annoyed I get. I am hopeful that #10 will focus just on Buffy down in the Hellmouth. If Buffy doesn't get a story soon, and some personality, I'm not going to bother buying the comic anymore.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (10-07-19),TriBel (10-07-19)

Thanks

. . . and then get disappointed when the contents don't meet my expectations.
    Story of my bloody life mate! Same could be said of...

Marriage
    Kids
    Retirement
    Working...

why should comics be any different?

Is it Buffy? I know she has the stake but the hair's very dark (and also defying gravity). And...she's wearing very sensible shoes.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Story of my bloody life mate! Same could be said of...

Marriage
    Kids
    Retirement
    Working...

why should comics be any different?

Is it Buffy? I know she has the stake but the hair's very dark (and also defying gravity). And...she's wearing very sensible shoes.
    Yes life can be disappointing, which is why I put my faith in fanfic

She is wearing odd clothes and strange shoes. She could be another Slayer, but the rest of the cover is very similar to the Angel cover, so I think the two must be linked. Maybe it's a Slayer Angel turned? The knee length stockings could signify 1920's/flapper?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (10-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Yes life can be disappointing, which is why I put my faith in fanfic

She is wearing odd clothes and strange shoes. She could be another Slayer, but the rest of the cover is very similar to the Angel cover, so I think the two must be linked. Maybe it's a Slayer Angel turned? The knee length stockings could signify 1920's/flapper?
    That's what I was wondering - whether Angel had turned her or killed her...and that was before I read Stoney's remarks! In fact, I turned my lap-top upside down to see if it was Joyce.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PointMan View Post
    The cover with two people on the hood is an homage to Band Candy. Joyce is wearing more or less the outfit she wore during the episode, and she has a candy bar in her hand. The other person is likely Giles.
    I think the artist captured their likeness really well. I love Snyder on the left, getting chatted up by two women, who could or could not be Buffy and Willow maybe?