Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: New Buffy series from BOOM! officially announced!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    Buffy on horseback, or is that some kinda flashback of slayers' past?
    Yes there are going to be alternative covers with past Slayers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    i think it's the master, he's the S1 big bad
    Yes, I think it could be The Master, though how that fits with Dru being The Mistress, I don't know Unless Dru and The Master are a thing? It could be Angel

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Stoney (10-11-18)

Library Researcher Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

This news about Spike and Dru makes me look forward even more to these new comics. I personally don't really care about canon (outside the TV show) so I don't see the BOOM! comics any differently than the DH comics. To me they're much like fanfic in comics form. I like fanfic and I like comics, so if the stories are decent and the art is good, I'll be happy to see new stories featuring my beloved characters.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Priceless (11-11-18),Silver1 (11-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    This news about Spike and Dru makes me look forward even more to these new comics. I personally don't really care about canon (outside the TV show) so I don't see the BOOM! comics any differently than the DH comics. To me they're much like fanfic in comics form. I like fanfic and I like comics, so if the stories are decent and the art is good, I'll be happy to see new stories featuring my beloved characters.
    That sounds so emotionally healthy. I'm not quite there yet. S12 recovery still not complete. But who am I kidding? If people tell me that Buffy has chemistry with Spike I'll be all over it.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (11-11-18)

Thanks

I want to see an image of Spike. We've not seen any men yet have we? Only Buffy, Willow and Dru and the past Slayers. I think this could be a very female-centric comic, which is fine by me, but we could have Wuffy from the start.

Bronze Party-Goer HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Please no Spuffy or Bangel in these comics! I'd rather they keep Spike & Dru as big bads. Angel (if he's still round brooding somewhere), can just be a mysterious semi-helpful wimpire.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (11-11-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 801 Posts

Nah, where would be the fun in that.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (11-11-18),Priceless (11-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    Please no Spuffy or Bangel in these comics! I'd rather they keep Spike & Dru as big bads. Angel (if he's still round brooding somewhere), can just be a mysterious semi-helpful wimpire.
    How would you feel about Buffy/Willow couple?

Of course I have to disagree about Spuffy. That relationship needs to be in the comic, in some way or another. Maybe not romantic to begin with, but they need to be building a relationship from early on

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (11-11-18),Silver1 (11-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 977 Posts

I'd love if Xander becomes a female. But same personality. Even the problematic aspects. I'd be interested to see that.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

TriBel (11-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 647 Posts

That would be a good way to deal with how Xander is now seen as problematic with the slut shaming and stuff. However if we were all honest it still exists in the world so maybe it can be done in such a way he learns from it and stops?

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (11-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 945 Posts

Priceless:
    Yes, I think it could be The Master, though how that fits with Dru being The Mistress, I don't know Unless Dru and The Master are a thing? It could be Angel
    It makes me wonder, if we jumped to quickly for the conclusion that Dru is going to replace the Master.

I don`t think, the Boom comics will go down any road similar to the show and/or the comics with Spike and Buffy. I don`t know, if they have wiped out Angel because nowadays it would be much more icky to have a 250 year old pining after a 16 year old but if that is the case, the same would be valid for a Buffy and Spike relationship.

When Silver1 mentioned the Buffy book The Lost Slayer on another thread yesterday, I realised, that they could do something like that. Spike tries to save or revenge Dru and turns to the Scoobies but still gets killed. Either in combat or because he posed a threat to Buffy or her friends at some point. I just hope, he doesn`t get tortured first . The book Silver1 mentioned is not canon, but it is licensed material. Just like the Boom comics.

Maybe Buffy and Faith will get involved instead of Buffy and Angel and/or Spike.

flow
    Last edited by flow; 11-11-18 at 08:34 PM.
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    Priceless:

It makes me wonder, if we jumped to quickly for the conclusion that Dru is going to replace the Master.

I don`t think, the Boom comics will go down any road similar to the show and/or the comics with Spike and Buffy. I don`t know, if they have wiped out Angel because nowadays it would be much more icky to have a 250 year old pining after a 16 year old but if that is the case, the same would be valid for a Buffy and Spike relationship.

When Silver1 mentioned the Buffy book The Lost Slayer on another thread yesterday, I realised, that they could do something like that. Spike tries to save or revenge Dru and turns to the Scoobies but still gets killed. Either in combat or because he posed a threat to Buffy or her friends at some point. I just hope, he doesn`t get tortured first . The book Silver1 mentioned is not canon, but it is licensed material. Just like the Boom comics.

Maybe Buffy and Faith will get involved instead of Buffy and Angel and/or Spike.

flow
    I think Dru will just be The Mistress, a female version of The Master, though not trapped underneath Sunnydale. Perhaps Dru will be the one who likes to kill Slayers and is on the hunt for Buffy Summers. I'm in two minds about Angel. He is a main character in the verse, with a lot of fans, and without him will Boom be alienating that section of potential buyers?

I doubt they will kill Spike in the first season, but it could happen of course. Everything is on the table right now. This is going to be a very 'girl power' comic as so far we've not seen any male characters at all, which is very unusual I think. There may be no lead male characters at all Xander could most certainly be a girl called Alex and Buffy and Willow could be a couple.

For there to be a Fuffy, Buffy would have to die (if they stick to the same mythology which is something else we don't know yet). That may happen in later seasons, but doubtful in season one.

I'm quite excited by it actually, it's a brave new Buffy world and anything could happen.

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    I'd love if Xander becomes a female. But same personality. Even the problematic aspects. I'd be interested to see that.
    My first reaction was to disagree with that, but ... heck why even bother. I'm like 95% sure that they would screw Xander character one way or another, so making him woman wouldn't be worst thing that could happen here. It would be just one more reason for me to not bother with this comic at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I doubt they will kill Spike in the first season, but it could happen of course. Everything is on the table right now. This is going to be a very 'girl power' comic as so far we've not seen any male characters at all, which is very unusual I think. There may be no lead male characters at all Xander could most certainly be a girl called Alex and Buffy and Willow could be a couple.
    You know, I'm actually down with that idea. Just to see how big is auditory for that kind of reimagining of Buffy. As of now I'm thinking not very big, but who knows? I could be completely wrong here.
    Last edited by Alce; 11-11-18 at 09:46 PM.

Scooby Gang
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 487 Posts

All I know is that I don't want to see another Buffy/vampire pairing ever again.

Please, no Buffy/Spike, no Buffy/Angel (if he does exist in that comic) I doesn't work. I know it doesn't work. 12 seasons, OK? Doesn't work. Also, I don't know, it's 2018 - stuff like that just doesn't feel right any more.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

Klaus Kartoffel (11-11-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

For you maybe, but apprantly not for everyone.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (11-11-18),Stoney (11-11-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 599 Posts

Or they could go the wild and crazy route and introduce new characters and have them interacts with B/W/X/G. Heaven forbid these comic universes meant to expand things actually expands anything.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (12-11-18)

Scooby Gang
    Thanks

I'd be happy if they could just avoid any 'ships in which one character's fragile emotional or psychological issues aren't cured by the magical powers of the the other character's Healing Penis or Vagina, but that's probably just my initial reaction to seeing Spike will be reintroduced in issue two as Drusilla's "pet." Bad fanfiction tropes and all that.

Slayer
    Thanks

Wow.........

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (12-11-18),TriBel (12-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 Times in 977 Posts

Female Xander would be awesome! A comic book geek who has street smarts but not book smarts, she skateboards once, she's sarcastic, witty, jokes 24/7, crushes on strong women, hot tempered, jealous, angry, hates her parents, and worships Willow but doesn't risk falling in love with her.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    That would be a good way to deal with how Xander is now seen as problematic with the slut shaming and stuff. However if we were all honest it still exists in the world so maybe it can be done in such a way he learns from it and stops?
    If the writers wanted to keep the slut shaming - though I doubt they would - I'm pretty sure they would address it. Back in the first three seasons when the characters slut shamed and called females they disliked whores and sluts, it was written as a clever, fair, and okay insult. No one took issue with it back then.

Now, though, I don't think goody-two-shoes Scoobies would slut shame anyone. Since classism isn't as frowned upon, Cordelia may still mock Xander for being financially less than her. Xander would retort with another insult that isn't sexist.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

TriBel (12-11-18)