Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: New Buffy series from BOOM! officially announced!

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,167 Times in 1,116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    Lol I hear what you're saying, but I'd prefer a complete departure than another tortuous Bangel vs Spuffy tug of war. Don't get me wrong, I find it an odd pairing. But I don't mind it as much as I would mind other things.
    I'm sort of in the same mindset.I'm a B/Aer but since this is a reboot,I'll pretty much go along with whatever direction they go romance wise.It's how I usually am outside B/A.

Basically I'm going to try an treat this reboot as I do most things and non-ship.As long as the story is interesting,I'll go where they take me as far as romantic pairings.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-12-18),Stoney (19-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 1,740 Posts

I think robin wood is cool and I could totally see him with Buffy in season7 ( they did not go there, but it would have worked for me). Why would he be the most sullied character in the Buffyverse? He is smart, good looking, a free lance demon fighter, the son of a Slayer and a role model for any principals. Good to have him in the new comic!

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Rihannon (24-12-18),SpuffyGlitz (19-12-18)

Thanks

All caught up

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    I think robin wood is cool and I could totally see him with Buffy in season7 ( they did not go there, but it would have worked for me). Why would he be the most sullied character in the Buffyverse? He is smart, good looking, a free lance demon fighter, the son of a Slayer and a role model for any principals. Good to have him in the new comic!
    * Robin Wood hired Buffy to have her around him and to try to date her. He's not a "role model or any principals".

* Buffy/Robin could only have worked if Spike never came back in BtVS S7. The moment Buffy saw Spike, Robin's chances with her went to near-zero. As-is, she only goes on a date with Robin because she considers Spike no longer wants her sexually.

* I didn't say Robin Wood is "the most sullied character in the Buffyverse".

* It's frankly a very odd decision to tease Buffy/Robin, given Buffy/Robin never happened and is much less popular than even Buffy/Riley and even Buffy/Xander. Buffy/Angel at least had drama and was intriguing.

But I have a 'wait-and-see' approach. So far, this is the first big potential misfire of the comics.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,235 Times in 829 Posts

MikeB, I agree with most of your post about it being a little shady the way he hired Buffy in S7 and the rest, except for the part where you say Buffy 'considers Spike no longer wants her sexually'. I don't see that, but I agree Robin Wood wasn't the best suitor for Buffy on the show.
    buffylover made this stunning banner

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

Priceless (19-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,060 Times in 4,375 Posts

Robin isn't the most sullied character in the verse, that'd probably be Riley. Can you imagine them trying to shoehorn him into this new comic?

I haven't heard mention of Dawn, so I wonder if she will appear. I hope she does as she's one of my favourite characters, but it doesn't seem likely.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-12-18),Stoney (19-12-18)

Thanks

Robin Wood controversy blah blah blah. While peeps were discussing this non-essential point. Something of interest was just unveiled...
    Spoiler:

Two Willow/Vamp Willow variant covers! There's Woo and there's Hoo too!

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (20-12-18),BAF (20-12-18),MikeB (31-01-19),Priceless (20-12-18),Rihannon (24-12-18),SpuffyGlitz (21-12-18)

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

Robin didn't hire Buffy to date her, he hired her because she's a slayer and school was center of demonic activity.

Not a fan of new design. Although as it was already said here, he's basically a new character that was given name of an old character. So whatever. Another boring rileysque romance of Buffy wouldn't kill me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alce For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (20-12-18)

Thanks

I swear, I didn’t want to write most sullied. I didn’t even knew that word. I had to look it up on google translator. I wanted to write most hated. I feel weird now.

Robin gave Buffy a job. Reason might have been, he wanted to know more about her slaying mission. If he just wanted to date her, he would have asked her. There was no need to give her a job. Buffy loved that job and she was good at it.

Do you think, we will get two Willow‘s ? Human buffyverse Willow and vampire Wishverse Willow?

flow

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (20-12-18),Stoney (20-12-18)

Scooby Gang
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Robin isn't the most sullied character in the verse, that'd probably be Riley. Can you imagine them trying to shoehorn him into this new comic?
    Well, earlier I'd made the joke that they could try to shoehorn in Riley as a member of the Junior ROTC, but I don't remember if I made that joke before or after the artist's design for Anya appeared. Now they're going to revamp (pun not intended) Robin Wood as a high school student and are hinting he might be a romantic interest for their version of Buffy, and suddenly ROTC Riley doesn't sound so far-fetched.

And you ask a really good question about Dawn. For that matter, have they said anything about her parents? Are Joyce and Hank still together? Could reboot Buffy be living with her father Hank, and Joyce is the seemingly absent parent? I mean we are supposedly "not finished breaking rules here."

As far as love interests go, if they're going to zig with Buffy when we expect them to zag, I hope they do the same with Willow and with Xander. I'm sure there are Tillow fans who would scream if the new book introduces Tara as Willow's girlfriend or soon to be, but honestly, I'll roll my eyes if they try to make it clear that Xander is only going to be fated to be with either Cordelia or Anya again. (Yes, I'm expecting Xander to be straight.)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Skippcomet For This Useful Post:

Priceless (20-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skippcomet View Post
    Well, earlier I'd made the joke that they could try to shoehorn in Riley as a member of the Junior ROTC, but I don't remember if I made that joke before or after the artist's design for Anya appeared. Now they're going to revamp (pun not intended) Robin Wood as a high school student and are hinting he might be a romantic interest for their version of Buffy, and suddenly ROTC Riley doesn't sound so far-fetched.

And you ask a really good question about Dawn. For that matter, have they said anything about her parents? Are Joyce and Hank still together? Could reboot Buffy be living with her father Hank, and Joyce is the seemingly absent parent? I mean we are supposedly "not finished breaking rules here."

As far as love interests go, if they're going to zig with Buffy when we expect them to zag, I hope they do the same with Willow and with Xander. I'm sure there are Tillow fans who would scream if the new book introduces Tara as Willow's girlfriend or soon to be, but honestly, I'll roll my eyes if they try to make it clear that Xander is only going to be fated to be with either Cordelia or Anya again. (Yes, I'm expecting Xander to be straight.)
    I really do not want to see Riley in this comic. I bet if they do bring him back, he'll be a baddie. But you are right, it doesn't seem too far fetched now

If they can bring Robin back, who was in the show for one season, they should really bring Dawn back. I would love to see her as a real kid. They won't re-hash the Glory story, I'm sure of that. I'd still like to see Buffy (and Dawn) living with Joyce, but if they do bring Hank in as the sole parent, I think he'll be written as absolutely as clueless as Joyce was in the show.

I am also expecting Willow to be gay. I expect her to be gay or bi from the outset because her character is so iconic, they wouldn't want to rock that boat and be accused of lesbian erasure. All other bets are off and the other characters could be anything. Boom is in the business of making money, so they'll want to appeal to the widest possible audience, that means diversity in cast, and that can be seen by bringing Robin in like they have.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if this is controversial, but I don't actually like the Willow drawings. I don't think they've captured her features well at all. As for her being both girl and vamp, maybe she'll take of the role Spike held, as the 'friendly vampire' who helps the gang

Slayer
    Thanks

Boom March 2019 solicictations.We already had the covers.

https://www.newsarama.com/43217-boom...citations.html

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #3

Retail Price : $3.99
    Writer: Jordie Bellaire
    Artist: Dan Mora
    Cover Artists:
    Main Cover A: Matthew Taylor
    Main Cover B: Kevin Wada
    Main Cover C: Matt Smith
    Preorder Cover D: Scott Buoncristiano.
    Incentive Cover E: Michael Walsh
    Incentive Cover F: Michael Walsh

Synopsis: Buffy and the Scooby Gang (the name was Xander’s idea, he’s workshopping it, it probably won’t stick) delve deeper into the heart of Sunnydale’s underbelly—and make a shocking discovery about the true nature of the Hellmouth. Meanwhile, Drusilla – AKA THE MISTRESS – sets her sights on Cordelia, as Cordy and Spike find accidental common ground.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (20-12-18),American Aurora (26-12-18),Andrew S. (21-12-18),DanSlayer (21-12-18),flow (26-12-18),GoSpuffy (21-12-18),MikeB (31-01-19),Priceless (20-12-18),Rihannon (24-12-18),Silver1 (20-12-18),SpuffyGlitz (20-12-18),Stoney (21-12-18),thenewbuzwuzz (20-12-18),TriBel (20-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,924 Times in 577 Posts

Thank you, BAF, for your tireless work in posting all the solicitations and news for the Buffy comics. You are amazing!

Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone a wonderful Holiday Season. Here's hoping the new Buffy comic is worth that wait! Looking forward to discussing it with everyone in 2019.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to American Aurora For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (26-12-18),BAF (26-12-18),flow (26-12-18),GoSpuffy (26-12-18),Priceless (26-12-18),Silver1 (26-12-18),SpuffyGlitz (26-12-18),Stoney (26-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BAF View Post

[/I]
    Helga the Undead Vanquisher

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (26-12-18),flow (26-12-18)

Thanks

Recent tweet from someone who has read #1. Sounds positive. Of course he owns a comic book shop, so he's trying to sell it, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Editor's Note Comics

@EdsNoteComics
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Spoiler free thoughts on BTVS #1: It's really good. It sets up some interesting mysteries that have a solid mix of familiar elements and new ones that make it work. It's new reader friendly and has everything you could want out of a reboot. Highly recommended! FOC is 12/31!

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (27-12-18),BAF (27-12-18),flow (27-12-18),MikeB (31-01-19),Silver1 (27-12-18),SpuffyGlitz (27-12-18),Stoney (27-12-18),thenewbuzwuzz (28-12-18),TriBel (27-12-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,013 Times in 2,192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Recent tweet from someone who has read #1. Sounds positive. Of course he owns a comic book shop, so he's trying to sell it, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Editor's Note Comics

@EdsNoteComics
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Spoiler free thoughts on BTVS #1: It's really good. It sets up some interesting mysteries that have a solid mix of familiar elements and new ones that make it work. It's new reader friendly and has everything you could want out of a reboot. Highly recommended! FOC is 12/31!
    Is that the guy who told us a major character died in the background in S12?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Is that the guy who told us a major character died in the background in S12?
    No, that was some 'journo' type in an online mag. This guy and his wife own a comic book store and do a Buffy podcast.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

MikeB (31-01-19),TriBel (27-12-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,025 Times in 781 Posts

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

BAF (09-01-19),Klaus Kartoffel (09-01-19),MikeB (31-01-19),Rihannon (09-01-19),Silver1 (10-01-19),Skippcomet (11-01-19),Sosa lola (12-01-19),Stoney (10-01-19),TriBel (09-01-19)

Thanks

That`s an interesting cover! Do you think those are just random vampires? Or could they be vampires, we already know? From left ro right Darla, Angel, Luke?

And who is the couple Xander is facing?

flow

33. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (09-01-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

https://www.cbr.com/buffy-the-vampir...th-revelation/

EXCLUSIVE: Buffy Comic Reboot Promises a 'Mind-Blowing' Hellmouth Revelation

Xander is in trouble on Matthew Taylor's cover, but Buffy the Vampire Slayer #4 promises an even bigger revelation for the rebooted continuity.

CBR Exclusives
    Jan 9, 2019

When BOOM! Studios' Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot releases its fourth issue in April, not only will the series debut an unnamed "major" character, it promises readers a revelation that will have a "mind-blowing" effect on the Buffy mythos.

According to the publisher, Jordie Bellaire, Dan Mora and Joss Whedon will reveal something about the Hellmouth that will not only change the destiny of a major player, it will surprise even longtime fans of the franchise. And while Matthew Taylor's variant cover (which CBR is debuting below) puts Xander in the middle of some serious vampire trouble, the real revelation is bigger than that -- Hellmouth big.

"As you can see, Jordie and Dan have some huge plans for Buffy and the Gang – starting with some pretty major introductions of characters like Anya and…well, I won’t spoil that one quite yet," Executive Editor Jeanine Schaefer said in an earlier statement about the upcoming fourth issue. "Let’s just say by issue #4, it’ll be clear that this is a love letter to the Buffy we all adore and will go in directions that no one ever expected."

The description BOOM! has released to CBR bolsters that claim. "The reimagining of Joss Whedon's groundbreaking series reaches the game-changing final chapter of the first arc," the description reads. "Buffy and the Scooby Gang (the name was Xander’s idea, he’s workshopping it, it probably won’t stick) delve deeper into the heart of Sunnydale’s underbelly—and make a shocking discovery about the true nature of the Hellmouth. There’s no turning back for anyone on Team Slayer in this absolutely mind-blowing issue that fans can’t afford to miss."

Buffy the Vampire Slayer #4, by Jordie Bellaire, Dan Mora and Joss Whedon, with a variant cover by Mondo artist Matthew Taylor, arrives in stores Wednesday, April 3, 2019.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (09-01-19),Double Dutchess (11-01-19),MikeB (31-01-19),Priceless (16-01-19),TriBel (09-01-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,025 Times in 781 Posts

From left ro right Darla, Angel, Luke?
    The woman definitely looks like Darla.

And who is the couple Xander is facing?
    Vampire Willow and Vampire Xander? 'Cause that hairdo looks vaguely Willow-y to me.