Thread: Veronica Mars Hulu Revival (2019)

Thanks

Default Veronica Mars Hulu Revival (2019)

Hey Guys!

As you may or may not know, A Veronica Mars revival is happening and Hulu has ordered a new season in the form of a Limited Series! The show will start production in October 2018 and we already get some plot details

Sounds interesting enough! Hope they really take the time and really make a serious, mature, dark show.

This is a great opportunity for old fans of the show to do a rewatch and maybe have new people start watching it too!

Let's do this!
    My underachieving self has yet to earn banner privileges.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (08-09-18),TimeTravellingBunny (09-09-18),Vague that up for me (24-11-18)

Thanks

Hulu dropped season 4 a week early!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hu...rly/ar-AAEzWgr

Hope yer all ready!

Thanks

Just finished S4. Have to say I liked it better than S3 & the movie. However, I think that it could've a couple of used some mystery arcs. The ending is sure to P.O. some peeps.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,832 Times in 720 Posts

I have never seen a single episode of this show. I have no idea what it is about - I've seen some gifs on social media and that's it, that's all I know about it. And yet, here I am, lurking through tags/fan forums/reddit laughing my ass off. The fans/shippers are so mad! So mad! And the salt - it's like a bulk carrier full of salt sailing through dead sea, SS Veronica! It's amazing! And from what I've gathered it mostly boils down to cute boy dead, show bad sentiment - it's just so funny.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

Andrew S. (24-07-19)

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    I have never seen a single episode of this show. I have no idea what it is about - I've seen some gifs on social media and that's it, that's all I know about it. And yet, here I am, lurking through tags/fan forums/reddit laughing my ass off. The fans/shippers are so mad! So mad! And the salt - it's like a bulk carrier full of salt sailing through dead sea, SS Veronica! It's amazing! And from what I've gathered it mostly boils down to cute boy dead, show bad sentiment - it's just so funny.
    You're damn right we're mad!!! That ending was a slap in the face, straight trolling on the writers' part. In fairness, I haven't seen it for myself yet but it sounds like "Seeing Red" over all again.

It's a good show though. A bit overrated (of the OG seasons, Season 1 is the only one to write home about IMO), but good. It reminds me of Buffy - not only because there's a witty, blonde protagonist who kicks ass, but because it does a really good job portraying the SoCal high school setting. Might be even better than Buffy in that regard, as it touches on class issues in a way that Buffy rarely did and features a more diverse cast of high schoolers. Both shows also feature Alyson Hannigan and Charisma Carpenter as characters who can't stand each other, so there's that as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew S. For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (24-07-19)

Thanks

To be fair....
    Spoiler:
    they didn't give his character much to do this season. Plus I found their romance kinda annoying. Plus I think it sets up the (possible) next season quite well. Wonder if they'll move the series to another city , or have a roving Mars?

Thanks

I'm a HUGE fan of the show and I honestly think it had to be done. I don't want to spoil anybody, so spoil tag ahead:

Spoiler:
    It's very hard to keep writing a mystery show in the same setting with the same characters. Logan was hardly included because it was very hard to include him in the chaos that was Season 4. Was it rushed? sure. Poorly written? certainly. Necessary? Absolutely. Rob's reasoning makes perfect sense to me. The fans keep complaining about how they gave money for his movie and Rob owes them something... That's Bull! We gave money for OUR movie, which suffered from major fan butt-kissing. LoVe is highly worshipped but you can't have it all, kids.
    My underachieving self has yet to earn banner privileges.