Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Seasonal Spuffy Rises Again!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 579 Posts

Of the older communities I'd say sb-fag-ends is definitely still worth checking out, even though it's not active anymore. Lots of great short stories there (and the occasional other stuff).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Priceless (15-10-18),thenewbuzwuzz (15-10-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    Of the older communities I'd say sb-fag-ends is definitely still worth checking out, even though it's not active anymore. Lots of great short stories there (and the occasional other stuff).
    Absolutely. I was really tempted to say just that in the post, but couldn't justify including just one older community. So I consoled myself with the thought that it's featured in feliciacraft's list.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,426 Times in 4,061 Posts

Thank you thenewbuzwuzz and Double Dutchess, I now have friends on LJ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

thenewbuzwuzz (15-10-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

I think you guys have been figuring out this bit splendidly on your own, but here goes:

LiveJournal for Scoobies #4: How to Do Things with Communities
    http://seasonal-spuffy.tumblr.com/po...do-things-with
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/seaso...1754264167024/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Priceless (22-10-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

LiveJournal for Scoobies #5: How to Post an Entry (to seasonal_spuffy)
    http://seasonal-spuffy.tumblr.com/po...-post-an-entry

This will be on Facebook soonish, but not today. Somewhere here: facebook.com/sspuffy/notes
    I think I'll also make a LiveJournal post for this one. The plan is that it will be easier to skip over sections in that post, if I manage to collapse everything using spoiler tags.

There is only one more tutorial post planned. If you have any questions/topics you'd like me to cover in that one, please let me know.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

flow (04-11-18),Priceless (04-11-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Copy of the How-to-Post post on Facebook:
    facebook.com/notes/seasonal-spuffy/livejournal-for-scoobies-5-how-to-post-an-entry-to-seasonal_spuffy/769442360064881/

On LiveJournal with collapsed sections:
    https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/631381.html

And a reminder from teragramm:
    Just a reminder that the banners for this round of*SEASONAL_SPUFFY*are due November 9th, midnight EST. Information can be found here:
    https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/630610.html

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (07-11-18),Priceless (10-11-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

The banner contest deadline is today (midnight EST)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thenewbuzwuzz View Post
    Copy of the How-to-Post post on Facebook:
    facebook.com/notes/seasonal-spuffy/livejournal-for-scoobies-5-how-to-post-an-entry-to-seasonal_spuffy/769442360064881/

On LiveJournal with collapsed sections:
    https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/631381.html

And a reminder from teragramm:
    Just a reminder that the banners for this round of*SEASONAL_SPUFFY*are due November 9th, midnight EST. Information can be found here:
    https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/630610.html
    Thank you so much for there tutorials thenewbuzuzz, they have helped me understand LJ so much more. Hopefully one day I'll be brave enough to actually post something

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (10-11-18),Stoney (11-11-18),thenewbuzwuzz (10-11-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

So good to hear they helped, Priceless. We'd be happy to answer any other questions as they arise, and there's one last tutorial post planned for this weekend. But now...

The banner poll is up!

Some beautiful Spuffy banners were submitted to our contest... some of them by BuffyForums users... and it’s time to vote for your favorite! We will use the winning banner to redecorate Seasonal Spuffy for the upcoming Fall 2018 round, so pick the one that you’d like to see every time you open one of the Seasonal Spuffy pages for the next 4-6 months.

To see the banners and vote, you can go to LiveJournal or to Dreamwidth. Please only vote once.

The polls are open till Thursday, November 15.

If you don’t have an LJ or DW account, you can still vote by commenting on the LiveJournal post. Please fill out this form if you vote in an anonymous comment:

<b>Platform - (Tumblr, Buffy Forum, Facebook etc.)</b>
    <b>User name/alias - :</b>
    <b>My favorite banner is #:</b>

In case you have trouble finding where exactly to add a comment, this link will open the comment box for you.

Enjoy the banners! May the best artwork win.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (10-11-18),Priceless (10-11-18),Stoney (11-11-18)

Thanks

Some amazing banners! I would encourage everyone to go and vote, even if you're not a particular Spuffy fan, because the art is that good!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (10-11-18),Stoney (11-11-18),thenewbuzwuzz (10-11-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

The last of the tutorials is up. This one's about etiquette.
    LiveJournal for Scoobies #6: How to Be Polite on LiveJournal
    http://seasonal-spuffy.tumblr.com/po...o-be-polite-on
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/seaso...3388473003603/

21. The Following User Says Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Priceless (11-11-18)

Thanks

Let's kick off Round 25 of Seasonal Spuffy!

The Fall 2018 round of seasonal_spuffy, a cornucopia of new Spike/Buffy fanworks, is about to start! A few reminders before we jump in:

This round will run from November 16th through December 2nd. If you signed up, please double-check the schedule. If you didn't sign up, you can still post on the free-for-all days: November 22 and 25, December 1 and 2.

Please do take a look at the rules before you post. They were updated in September.

If you'd like to participate in another way, consider leaving feedback for our talented fan creators! Currently, you can comment on Seasonal Spuffy posts even without logging in.

This round will take place only on LiveJournal, but links to new entries will be available on our Dreamwidth, tumblr, and Facebook. We'll post some links elsewhere, too.

If you could use some help with the site or the event, try the tutorials, and don't hesitate to talk to the mods. thenewbuzwuzz, teragramm, and slaymesoftly will be happy to assist. Feel free to message us or comment on a mod post, or email us at sspuffy@gmail.com if you prefer.

All right. 25 rounds, wow! Some current participants were here for the very first round of Seasonal Spuffy, organized by itmustbetuesday in October-December 2005. Amazing! If you've done Seasonal Spuffy before, as a creator or a reader, do you remember your first round? Maybe there's anything you'd like to say to our new participants?

And if you're joining in for the first time, we're so happy you're here! How are you feeling? Would you like to introduce yourself in a comment so we can say hi? (It's okay if you don't.) Maybe there's anything you'd like to ask our more... seasoned participants?

Regardless, have fun, everyone! Here's to another great round!
    Last edited by Rebcake; 16-11-18 at 12:39 AM.
    Weird love is better than no love Buffy Summers

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

flow (16-11-18),Priceless (16-11-18),Stoney (16-11-18),thenewbuzwuzz (16-11-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Hey, hi! ) You can have some more links!

Schedule: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/627381.html
    Rules: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/profile
    DW: seasonal-spuffy.dreamwidth.org
    tumblr: seasonal-spuffy.tumblr.com
    Facebook: facebook.com/sspuffy
    First round (only the beginning visible on that page): https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/2005/10/

The conversation in the comments of this mod post on LJ, where people have been talking about how they joined Seasonal Spuffy, so we have some tidbits of 2005-2006 fandom history goodness among other things: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.....html#comments

Also:
    Banner poll results: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/632132.html
    Reminder which banner was which: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal....28.html#cutid1

To be clear, commenting in this thread totally counts as contacting a mod. Me and Rebcake will post at least some links here during the round, but updates here won't be as quick as on tumblr/Facebook etc.

Enjoy!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (17-11-18),Priceless (16-11-18),Stoney (17-11-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Yesterday on Seasonal Spuffy: ficlet "Not Today" by garnigal, worksafe, set at the start of Season 3, a poignant and elegant take on the road trip theme, this mod loved it

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (17-11-18),Priceless (17-11-18),Stoney (17-11-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Yesterday on Seasonal Spuffy: cute little post-series ficlet "Ka-bump!" by Relurker, who is new to posting on SS and could use a warm welcome

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

flow (19-11-18),Priceless (23-11-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Yesterday on Seasonal Spuffy: some absolutely gorgeous artwork by sintonia, who was so inspired by the road trip theme that she made banners in addition to her usual medium, icons.

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday: a wealth of Spuffy road trip art from javajunkie247, including a fanmix and a banner, icons, and a Spuffy aesthetic pack (which is a large collection of images that could be used as artwork material). All three posts can be found here, once you scroll past the pinned mod post. Enjoy!

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

flow (22-11-18),Priceless (23-11-18),Stoney (21-11-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Yesterday's entry: "What Became" by Megan, the beginning of an intriguing post-apocalyptic AU set in an alternate season 4.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

flow (22-11-18),Stoney (22-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,618 Posts

What Became is a fantastic start for a Spuffy fanfic and a very original setting (in the Acathla hell dimension). I do hope, the writer completes the story and publishes it on Elysian Fields (because otherwise I am going to miss it).

Javajunkies art is also great. I wish I could write a road trip fic, so I could ask for one of them.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

35. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

thenewbuzwuzz (22-11-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    What Became is a fantastic start for a Spuffy fanfic and a very original setting (in the Acathla hell dimension). I do hope, the writer completes the story and publishes it on Elysian Fields (because otherwise I am going to miss it).

Javajunkies art is also great. I wish I could write a road trip fic, so I could ask for one of them.

flow
    I asked Megan where she plans to post the rest of the story, and I'll link that place in the index post at the end of the round if she tells me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also. Happy Tie Spike to a Chair Day! Today, anyone is welcome to post new Spuffy work to our LiveJournal community without any kind of advance warning. The sky’s your limit as far as the medium goes, with the exception of all-human AUs. Please see the rest of the rules here, and have fun! If you’re unsure how posting works, try this beginner’s guide, and feel free to ask.

Remember that we have three more free-for-all days in this round: this Sunday, November 25th; and next weekend, December 1st and December 2nd! The last day of the round can get crowded, so please aim for the earlier days if you can. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday on Seasonal Spuffy, a bunch of good!

Fic "Black Friday" by bewildered (setting: s4 post-Pangs, rating: NC-17 NOTHING BUT SMUT HERE, in the words of the author), a sequel to "Served Cold".

Two banners by Paganbaby and Holi117, made for passion4spike's fic "Mortal Allies Series, Episode 2: Spike's a Good Boi"

Fic: Somewhere Ages and Ages Hence, Buffy/Spike, G by Barb C

37. The Following User Says Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Priceless (23-11-18)

Thanks

javajunkie247's art is amazing! I didn't know what an aesthetic pack was, but it's an amazing resource for those of us that like to try our hand at fanart

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

javajunkie247 (06-01-19),thenewbuzwuzz (23-11-18)