Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: Seasonal Spuffy Rises Again!

Thanks

Default Announcement: Seasonal Spuffy Rises Again!

First things first: September 22 will be the Fall Equinox Free-for-All!

Mark in the change of season by sharing your new Spuffy fanworks (fic, art, vids, etc.)! For more information, see https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/626366.html

Second things second:

Share your ideas about the next (25th!) round at the poll here: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/626574.html

You can suggest a theme, tell us what dates work best for you, and where it is easiest for you to post. Now's your chance to tell us how you want it!
    Weird love is better than no love — Buffy Summers

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

American Aurora (23-09-18),Double Dutchess (26-08-18),GoSpuffy (27-08-18),Priceless (26-08-18),Stoney (27-08-18),thenewbuzwuzz (28-08-18)

Thanks

Interested parties are invited to vote for a theme for the upcoming round! https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/626730.html

There's still time to vote when/where/how you'd like the round to go! https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/626574.html

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

Stoney (30-08-18),thenewbuzwuzz (29-08-18)

Thanks

The people have spoken! In addition to the Free-for-all posting day on Sept. 22, Round 25 will run from Nov. 16-Dec. 2! Signup are available now at: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/627381.html

Go get your posting date before they are all gone!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

Stoney (05-09-18),thenewbuzwuzz (05-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebcake View Post
    Go get your posting date before they are all gone!
    Will there be free for all days again in round 25 itself?

EDIT: No worries, I've read the LJ post and see that there are.
    Last edited by Stoney; 05-09-18 at 12:10 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Rebcake (05-09-18),thenewbuzwuzz (05-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 579 Posts

Heads up, we're having a Seasonal Spuffy Free-for-All day today! All contributions welcome (within the pretty lenient rules)!

https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

flow (22-09-18),thenewbuzwuzz (22-09-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Happy autumn equinox, all! Over on Seasonal Spuffy, we've already got two free-for-all entries:

a S12 issue 4 comics art edit by Double Dutchess, "a visual comment on the last issue of the comics season 12, reflecting where Spuffy is at right now". It's worksafe, but contains SPOILERS for season 12! It's also cute and really funny.

a moodboard / aesthetic for “Tales From a New Body” [the wonderful Spuffy fic by OffYourBird], made by badwolfjedi! Worksafe, as well. Rarely has a rec post been so gorgeous to look at. ^^

I assume it would be spamming to link every post here as they happen? So I think I'll link all the rest of them tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Double Dutchess. The rules in question are over here: seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/profile

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (22-09-18),flow (22-09-18),Priceless (22-09-18),Stoney (23-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,564 Posts

I wish I was better at organising my time that I could have contributed. Going to go and have a nosey at the entries.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (23-09-18),SpuffyGlitz (24-09-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Aw, Stoney, better luck with the fall round? This was just a quick little event, blink and it's gone -- but I see you did contribute comments! That's valuable, too.

So in addition to the two posts I linked yesterday, people posted some more ARTWORK. I'd say it all ranges from pretty good to excellent, skewed heavily towards the excellent. <3 All the images are worksafe.

badwolfjedi: Moodboard / Aesthetic inspired by Pumpkin Spike by Sunalso
    sandy_s: A banner and an icon
    teragramm: Autumn Equinox Banner
    nmcil12: Banner - Buffy Season 12
    nmcil12: Banner - The Fall Season

We also have this collaborative word playground.
    thenewbuzwuzz: Interactive poetry kit: The Spuffiest Words

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (23-09-18),flow (23-09-18),Priceless (23-09-18),SpuffyGlitz (24-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I wish I was better at organising my time that I could have contributed. Going to go and have a nosey at the entries.
    I hope you'll manage to contribute something to the Fall round! There are multiple free-for-all days then, so it should be a bit easier to catch one. (Says the person who still has no idea if she'll manage to finish anything for her signed-up date, and who will most likely be forced to quickly improvise something the night before )

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (24-09-18),thenewbuzwuzz (24-09-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

And here's a summary of our future plans, in case something slipped your mind in the excitement of the free-for-all. (Also, some of this hasn't been said in this thread before.)

• Starting next Sunday, there will be a series of tutorial posts about How to LiveJournal. Those posts will only happen on our tumblr blog and Facebook page. Would it be useful to link every post here, or only all of them at the end, or not needed at all? Please let me know if someone is interested but reading on tumblr/Facebook is a problem.
    • The banner challenge for the fall round will open officially on October 16. Artists are free to start work whenever they like, though, as teragramm assures us that banner challenge rules rarely change between rounds. Questions about the banner challenge are best asked over here (LiveJournal account not necessary to ask).
    • The Fall 2018 round is a little under 2 months away now -- it will run November 16 to December 2 on LiveJournal, as I think you know. All the posting days are filled (yay!), BUT one can still sign up to share a day, and anyone may post without signup on the free-for-all days: Nov 22, Nov 25, and Dec 1-2.
    • The Winter Solstice free-for-all is on December 21. If you have any ideas about cool special things we could try for that event, now's the time to suggest them! However, as this fall equinox event showed, we still do just great when we keep things simple. <3

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (24-09-18),Priceless (24-09-18),Rebcake (25-09-18),Stoney (24-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,426 Times in 4,061 Posts

Starting next Sunday, there will be a series of tutorial posts about How to LiveJournal. Those posts will only happen on our tumblr blog and Facebook page. Would it be useful to link every post here, or only all of them at the end, or not needed at all? Please let me know if someone is interested but reading on tumblr/Facebook is a problem.
    Is this going to be a step by step, idiots guide? If so, then it would be great if it were posted here because I don't have a clue and would love to learn

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

thenewbuzwuzz (24-09-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Is this going to be a step by step, idiots guide? If so, then it would be great if it were posted here because I don't have a clue and would love to learn
    Cool, I'm glad you're interested! I plan to make 6 posts, covering navigation features, commenting and other interaction with posts, communities (what active comms there are and how one works), and posting. *cringes at own ambition* It's definitely meant to be beginner-level, and I'm capable of getting crazy detailed, so yes, step by step, but I'll try to strike some sort of balance so the posts aren't too huge.

By posted here, do you mean links to it, or would it be significantly more useful if I made a forum thread?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Priceless (24-09-18),Rebcake (25-09-18),Stoney (24-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,426 Times in 4,061 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thenewbuzwuzz View Post
    Cool, I'm glad you're interested! I plan to make 6 posts, covering navigation features, commenting and other interaction with posts, communities (what active comms there are and how one works), and posting. *cringes at own ambition* It's definitely meant to be beginner-level, and I'm capable of getting crazy detailed, so yes, step by step, but I'll try to strike some sort of balance so the posts aren't too huge.

By posted here, do you mean links to it, or would it be significantly more useful if I made a forum thread?
    That sounds great. Thank you, I'd definitely be interested. I wouldn't expect you to post here, the links would be grat though

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

thenewbuzwuzz (24-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thenewbuzwuzz View Post

Sounds like you're going to have to quit your job to make time for full-time modding

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Stoney (24-09-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    Sounds like you're going to have to quit your job to make time for full-time modding
    Stretching it to 1 post a week, and taking into account I don't work full time, I hope it won't come to that...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (24-09-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Hey, folks, our first LiveJournal tutorial is up! This one's about navigation.

It's here on tumblr: http://seasonal-spuffy.tumblr.com/po...rial-thing-for
    And here on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notes/seaso...0360561973061/
    Pick your poison.

Feel free to ask stuff.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (30-09-18),Priceless (01-10-18),Silver1 (01-10-18),Stoney (01-10-18)

Thanks

Hee!!! You included a link to THE POLL

But seriously, that must have been a lot of work. And it will be very helpful, I'm sure.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Priceless (01-10-18),Silver1 (01-10-18),thenewbuzwuzz (01-10-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (12-10-18),Priceless (08-10-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Our banner challenge is open already!

Here's teragramm's announcement post: https://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/630610.html
    And here's everything she said...

For our Fall 2018 round of seasonal_spuffy, we are again doing our traditional banner competition.

The theme this round is Road Trip - interpret that as you will, or not. It's up to you.

Here are the rules for the challenge:

- The deadline is November 9th, midnight(EST).

- You can submit up to three banners.

- Banners must be no larger than 800x400 pixels and no smaller than 750x300 pixels (anywhere in between is fine too.)

- Banners must be new and anonymous, so please do not post your banners elsewhere until the results have been posted.

- Submit entries as a comment to this post or on DW). All comments will be screened.

- If you don't have a LiveJournal or Dreamwidth account, you can email the banner to sspuffy@gmail.com. Make sure to put Banner in the subject line.

- After the winner is announced, the winner will be asked to "sign" their banner. Please remember to leave room on your banner for your tag/signature.

- When submitting a banner, give us both the image and url. (See example below)

https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/tera...127609_300.png

The poll with all the pretties will go up the day after the deadline.

Past banners can be seen here.

Any questions, just ask!

Have fun and show us your fabulous work!!

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (12-10-18),Priceless (12-10-18),Stoney (12-10-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

I split the communities topic in two parts, so this week's post is just a list of Buffyverse communities currently active on LiveJournal, with some commentary. Next week, I'll talk about How To do things with communities.

http://seasonal-spuffy.tumblr.com/po...ive-buffyverse
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/seaso...7888271220290/

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (15-10-18),Priceless (15-10-18),Stoney (15-10-18)