Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Positives And Negatives - Season 2

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Sorry I missed this question. I think I had always taken it to mean that Darla and Dru weren't letting anyone leave that they didn't choose to whether Angel shut the door or not. Of course he could have fought to save them so he was complicit in their deaths happening, but them being killed that evening didn't happen because of his actions,. I like Andrew S's suggestion that it was true in a wider sense anyway for becoming a W&H employee.
    He didn't just shut the doors he locked them as well to be specific. That prevents them from getting out

Thanks
    Thanked 13,460 Times in 5,589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BtVS fan View Post
    He didn't just shut the doors he locked them as well to be specific. That prevents them from getting out
    My point was that Lorne could be seen to be saying that Darla and Dru would have killed all the ones they killed anyway. There's nothing to prove that Angel shutting the doors (locking included) actually meant that anyone died who wouldn't have died if he hadn't. It may have saved them some chasing around the house perhaps, or maybe it wouldn't. But it did definitely remove a possibility of escape and he made no moves to try to help them, so I think it is fair to say he was complicit. But it's totally possible that not one extra person died who wouldn't have done if he'd not.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (10-09-19)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    My point was that Lorne could be seen to be saying that Darla and Dru would have killed all the ones they killed anyway. There's nothing to prove that Angel shutting the doors (locking included) actually meant that anyone died who wouldn't have died if he hadn't. It may have saved them some chasing around the house perhaps, or maybe it wouldn't. But it did definitely remove a possibility of escape and he made no moves to try to help them, so I think it is fair to say he was complicit. But it's totally possible that not one extra person died who wouldn't have done if he'd not.
    Fair point

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

Stoney (10-09-19)