Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Banner/icon meme challenge.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,577 Times in 3,624 Posts

2. My most relatable moment

- - - Updated - - -

3. My Most Disappointing Moment

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (20-08-18),buffylover (19-08-18),Double Dutchess (19-08-18),Josh (19-08-18),Nina (19-08-18),Silver1 (19-08-18),SpuffyGlitz (19-08-18),Stoney (19-08-18),TriBel (19-08-18)

Thanks

Great job! I would love it if you write a little blurb about each piece. Just an explanation on why you decided to go one direction on another, but you really don't have to! I just like to hear from the artist.
    My underachieving self has yet to earn banner privileges.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:

Priceless (19-08-18),Stoney (20-08-18),TriBel (19-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Great job! I would love it if you write a little blurb about each piece. Just an explanation on why you decided to go one direction on another, but you really don't have to! I just like to hear from the artist.
    I have seen Buffy so many times, that the WTF moments don't have the same impact anymore. But I've only seen Angel a couple of times, this might be my third full watch, and I can still feel an echo of that first shock at seeing Cordy and Connor having sex. I loved Angel watching them through the window and the absolute rage on his face. I though red was just the colour to portray that rage. I chose the text because Cordy says she wants to give Connor, something real.

I relate to a a lot of things within the show, but I thought this was quite funny. Buffy is Boss, but Robin is her boss. I spend a lot of time of work waiting for things to happen and trying to fill time, so I relate. It's incredibly derivative, but I love the way others have used that image of Buffy and I love the bright colours others use and I thought I'd give it a go. I'm not very good at cutting out images, so I needed the practice.

There are very few disappointing moments in Buffy. But running after Riley is perhaps the worst thing Buffy ever does. I was disappointed in her for running after someone who didn't respect her. I wanted to use images of Buffy running, but I don't have the expertise to make that work well, she looks too static for the image to work well. I used the red for the emotion and to signify the blood Riley gave to the suck whores. My favourite part is the text, I like the size and I think it works better than the image.

If anyone wants to know anything else, please feel free to ask

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (20-08-18),Double Dutchess (19-08-18),Josh (19-08-18),Stoney (20-08-18),TriBel (19-08-18)

Thanks

My Most Relatable Moment

As a woman, when walking home at night I always feel vulnerable and cautious, and anyone who I walk by, I'm instantly on guard. Also, I know I'm not strong enough to fight anyone off. This is why this moment in Helpless is really relatable to me. Buffy is walking home at night when she's cat-called and leered at, however she's weak because of the upcoming test (of course at this moment she thinks she's like every other person, she thinks she is losing her slayer ability.) Just about every woman has had this happen to her once in her life, and especially if it happens at night, it's scary. The look on Buffy's face, the way her arms are wrapped around her, I see me in this moment. That's why I chose it.

Most Disappointing Moment

As a huge Spuffy fan, the moment that Spike and Anya got together was one of the most disappointing moments for me. I tried to do something similar to what buffylover did on the tutorial but alas I need a lot more practise!

Last edited by Ahm Shere; 20-08-18 at 09:32 PM.

♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ahm Shere For This Useful Post:

betta (20-08-18),buffylover (20-08-18),Josh (20-08-18),Nina (20-08-18),Priceless (20-08-18),SpuffyGlitz (20-08-18),Stoney (20-08-18)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 441 Posts

I have to admit I struggled with 'WTF moment' so I think I have to go back to it. So instead I answered the second question.

Your most RELATABLE Moment. [1/3]

I just love the fact that Buffy has a normal job it's relatable.

"Get the double treat/that's so
    double sweet/oh it's hard to
    beat/when the meat meets the ..."

Credits; All mine. VLC screencaps by each episode downloaded {here}.

Until next time,

Last edited by buffylover; 03-09-18 at 03:27 PM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (01-09-18),betta (01-09-18),Nina (01-09-18),Priceless (01-09-18),Stoney (01-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ahm Shere View Post
    My Most Relatable Moment

As a woman, when walking home at night I always feel vulnerable and cautious, and anyone who I walk by, I'm instantly on guard. Also, I know I'm not strong enough to fight anyone off. This is why this moment in Helpless is really relatable to me. Buffy is walking home at night when she's cat-called and leered at, however she's weak because of the upcoming test (of course at this moment she thinks she's like every other person, she thinks she is losing her slayer ability.) Just about every woman has had this happen to her once in her life, and especially if it happens at night, it's scary. The look on Buffy's face, the way her arms are wrapped around her, I see me in this moment. That's why I chose it.

Most Disappointing Moment

As a huge Spuffy fan, the moment that Spike and Anya got together was one of the most disappointing moments for me. I tried to do something similar to what buffylover did on the tutorial but alas I need a lot more practise!

You really tapped into the core of that scene and really into yourself and eventually, that was my aim for the question. Obviously any other interpretation is excellent as long as it gets people going but I feel you got it!

I feel ya with that all Anya/Spike thing. Great job sweetie!

Quote Originally Posted by buffylover View Post
    I have to admit I struggled with 'WTF moment' so I think I have to go back to it. So instead I answered the second question.

Your most RELATABLE Moment. [1/3]

I just love the fact that Buffy has a normal job it's relatable.

"Get the double treat/that's so
    double sweet/oh it's hard to
    beat/when the meat meets the ..."

Credits; All mine. VLC screencaps by each episode downloaded {here}.

Until next time,

Ah, yes! Very RELATABLE indeed! aside from tapping into the grind of working in the food service, you did an excellent job artistically! the imagery, colors and your unique style are showing well!

We have a sufficient amount of time for everyone to make more entries, can't wait to see what you come up with!
    My underachieving self has yet to earn banner privileges.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (01-09-18),buffylover (02-09-18),Priceless (01-09-18)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

Your top WTF?! Moment. [2/3]

The thing that always comes to my mind when I say to myself what is your 'WTF' moment in BtVS... It's the Xander lie in becoming. Because personally, I think he did it maliciously and that's why it's a 'WTF' moment to me.

But I did enjoy creating it.

Kick His Ass

Credits; Texure brushes. {here}.
    Screencaps; Mine. 'VLC screengrabs' on the episode I specifically download. {here}.
    Type; {here}

Until next time,

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (03-09-18),betta (03-09-18),Josh (03-09-18),Nina (03-09-18),Priceless (03-09-18),Stoney (03-09-18)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

Done!

Your most DISAPPOINTING Moment {s}. [3/3]

My most disappointing moment was 'The First evil' in season 7. I really love how dark and sinister the first evil come across in the first half of season 7. Then it goes, well disappointing to me I know it's not a moment but personally, I think it's the only thing that disappoints me considering the amazing concept of the first.

Now I wanted to showcase a positive way of the first the episode 'Amends'. It was perfect I think to showcase threat and Jenny calender was amazing! so haunting.

ďIím not a demon, little girl. Iím something
    you canít conceive. The first evil.Ē

Credits;
    Textures; {here}, {here} and {here}
    Screencaps; Mine. 'VLC screengrabs' on the episode I specifically download. {here}.

Until next time,

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (14-09-18),betta (14-09-18),Josh (14-09-18),Nina (14-09-18),Priceless (14-09-18),Stoney (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,773 Times in 5,271 Posts

I am going to try and rattle off at least one banner for this challenge now I've caught up on the rewatch. You never know I might pull it off in a day, or I might be a little cheeky and post it a touch late.

Thanks

Buffylover just have to say I'm loving your new icon and banner

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (18-09-18),buffylover (17-09-18)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

WOW thank you so much for this! I have to admit it's my best banner that I ever created!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

betta (18-09-18),Priceless (17-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,773 Times in 5,271 Posts

Just in time, I've done one!

Your Top WTF! Moment - Dawn of Dawn

Credits: own resources (fonts may have come from 1001 or dafont if they aren't Photoshop's)

I considered doing a William banner for the Fool for Love reveal but, to be honest, as taken aback briefly as I was it just meant so many things made greater sense! But that moment at the end of Buffy vs Drac when Dawn appeared floored me. Best character intro ever.

This ended up being a little rushed, the balance is a bit off still, but I got it in on time and am fairly happy with it (I had to stop tweaking some time!).
    Last edited by Stoney; 18-09-18 at 12:14 AM.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (18-09-18),betta (18-09-18),buffylover (18-09-18),Double Dutchess (17-09-18),Josh (21-09-18),Nina (18-09-18),Priceless (18-09-18),Sandman (18-09-18),thenewbuzwuzz (20-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 488 Posts

Looks good Stoney! I love the colours and you captured the perfect moment for the expressions on their faces. Sadly I didn’t manage to do anything for this challenge, but this would have been my chosen WTF moment too.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Stoney (18-09-18)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

Stoney, you made it!

And it looks fantastic! The emotions and composition of the blend really stand out! you did a great job of capturing a sense of shock. Definitely a 'WTF' moment!

And now the second set of questions are now closed!

THANK you so much for yet another amazing set of entries!

Who is willing to do another set of questions! for us fan artists!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Nina (18-09-18),Stoney (18-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 606 Posts

What about a round of technical challenges rather than thematic?
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyri For This Useful Post:

Priceless (19-09-18),Stoney (20-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyri View Post
    What about a round of technical challenges rather than thematic?
    I'm not sure what that might mean, but I'm up for the challenge

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

I don't know about anybody else but, for me, I would like it to keep it at subjective questions rather than technical.

Because I wanted this meme challenge to get people to get inspired by creating. It's more of a dumping ground for creativity at any level. A place to have quick updates and to have fun!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,624 Times in 1,254 Posts

Maybe it's an idea to stop with the fandom requirements? Personally I find that the most restricting thing about this challenge and also why I didn't enter something in the last round.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

Lyri (20-09-18)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

Oh, I'm sorry Nina if you feel restricted but, from the start, this challenge wasn't meant to be too technical.

So I disagree with this.

These kinds of questions help me and some others and my goal from the start is to have fun it seems like it was the only way to update the forum and it worked.

But if you and others wish that you could inspire some people there is no harm and creating another thread based on the technical stuff which I thought you already did with your challenge.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

betta (21-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,624 Times in 1,254 Posts

I'm not talking about technical assignments, I suggested to open up the amount of fandoms we're allowed to art. I don't see why it has to be BtVS/Ats. Those shows ended more than a decade ago, I can't be the only one who kind of moved on from BtVS/Ats.