Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Banner/icon meme challenge.

Thanks

Of course Nina! any fandom is allowed but, no one is willing to do the next set of questions.

I just assumed that's what Lyri meant technical advance stuff that you see in the challenges.

Thanks

Well, I was thinking if no-one else came up with any questions, I have three that could be okay? I also agree with Nina about any fandom because as much as I love Buffy, there are so many brilliant shows that have been aired since.

Fandom: Any TV.

1. Your Most Saddest Moment
    2. Your Most Surprising Moment
    3. Your Most Angriest Moment.

Deadline: 4 Weeks 18th October

Hope this is okay for everyone, if you come up with better questions feel free to overrule me XD

♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ahm Shere For This Useful Post:

buffylover (21-09-18),Double Dutchess (22-09-18),Fuzzy (11-10-18),Josh (21-09-18),Lyri (22-09-18),Nina (21-09-18),Priceless (21-09-18),Stoney (21-09-18),thenewbuzwuzz (27-09-18)

Thanks

Mind you I'm still doing Buffy.

Thank you for the questions Ahmshere! Now I can not wait for some entries!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (21-09-18),betta (27-09-18),Priceless (21-09-18),Stoney (21-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Just in time, I've done one!

Your Top WTF! Moment - Dawn of Dawn

Credits: own resources (fonts may have come from 1001 or dafont if they aren't Photoshop's)

I considered doing a William banner for the Fool for Love reveal but, to be honest, as taken aback briefly as I was it just meant so many things made greater sense! But that moment at the end of Buffy vs Drac when Dawn appeared floored me. Best character intro ever.

This ended up being a little rushed, the balance is a bit off still, but I got it in on time and am fairly happy with it (I had to stop tweaking some time!).
    What seems a regular moment now, was for sure a WTF moment when it aired, in the years Buffy was very popular! I like how you chose this moment since I wouldn't have been able to come up with this. Also

Quote Originally Posted by buffylover View Post
    Your top WTF?! Moment. [2/3]

The thing that always comes to my mind when I say to myself what is your 'WTF' moment in BtVS... It's the Xander lie in becoming. Because personally, I think he did it maliciously and that's why it's a 'WTF' moment to me.

But I did enjoy creating it.

Kick His Ass

Credits; Texure brushes. {here}.
    Screencaps; Mine. 'VLC screengrabs' on the episode I specifically download. {here}.
    Type; {here}

Until next time,

This is what I call 'Xander is a douch' moment, but also a great WTF one! The execution is great, I love the brush use and colors!

Your Disappointing Moment Entry is great as well! Love it, the stocks, the creepiness in First Evil Jenny. You really set the mood with that one!

------------------------------------------

Thank you, everyone! Great entries, great ideas! I've been less online in the last three weeks due to work being literal hell and also I've been really sick so my energies were really down!

Love you all, can't wait to see what people come up with in the next round!
    My underachieving self has yet to earn banner privileges.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:

buffylover (22-09-18),Double Dutchess (22-09-18),Priceless (21-09-18),Stoney (22-09-18)

Library Researcher Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Any fandom is fine with me, though slightly less enjoyable for me as a fan art consumer, because I'm not familiar with many current shows. As an art producer, it's only Buffy for me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Priceless (22-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,296 Times in 1,103 Posts

Fandom: Doctor Who

The Doctor is old, very old. But like with so many old characters, you rarely notice it. Like he is frozen in time. But in the episode The Big Bang the youngest actor who ever played the Doctor (Matt Smith who was still in his twenties) portrayed the character in such a way that you can't help but believe that you're watching an ancient alien who is going to say goodbye to his beloved universe. He's about to sacrifice his own life for the sake of the universe and he'll know that nobody will truly remember him.

It might not be the most obvious choice for 'saddest moment' because DW is show for kids and they resolve everything in the next scenes. But I'll never not admire Matt Smith for this scene. <3

Here is the scene.

And the whole monologue:

Spoiler:
    It's funny. I thought if you could hear me, I could hang on somehow. Silly me. Silly old Doctor. When you wake up, you'll have a mum and dad, and you won't even remember me. Well, you'll remember me a little. I'll be a story in your head. But that's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. The daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I was always going to take it back. Oh, that box. Amy, you'll dream about that box. It'll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand new and ancient, and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would have had. Never had. In your dreams, they'll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond, and the days that never came. The cracks are closing. But they can't close properly until I'm on the other side. I don't belong here any more. I think I'll skip the rest of the rewind. I hate repeats. Live well. Love Rory. Bye bye, Pond.
    x

Resources:
    Screencaps: Screencapped.net
    Stock Image: Mcapraro
    Texture/Pattern: Chaotic Resources (@ Tumblr)

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (22-09-18),betta (27-09-18),buffylover (22-09-18),Double Dutchess (11-10-18),Fuzzy (11-10-18),Josh (22-09-18),Priceless (22-09-18),Silver1 (14-10-18),Stoney (22-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 599 Posts

1. Saddest Moment

Fandom: Angel

It'll always be this scene for me. Yes, there's other, more emotional scenes, but I feel like they've been depicted in fanart over and over again, so I wanted to go with something different. I love and hate this moment. It's just a little throw away moment and I feel like Wesley deserved more, a better ending than dying on the floor with only Illyria there to witness it. But the fact that she knew enough that he would accept the lie and did it for him, to allow Wesley to die in the arms of the woman he loved, was just a touching moment.

I decided to keep this piece black and white, because I like the starkness and the harshness of it when coupled with the emotion of the scene. The blue is to represent Illyria, because, well, you know...

Credits

Textures: Abbysidian @ deviantart
    Text: Show
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lyri For This Useful Post:

betta (27-09-18),Double Dutchess (11-10-18),Fuzzy (11-10-18),Josh (24-09-18),Nina (25-09-18),Priceless (25-09-18),Silver1 (14-10-18),Stoney (24-09-18),thenewbuzwuzz (27-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,451 Times in 2,636 Posts

This is currently my saddest moment. It broke my heart. I head-canon that we don't see Spike's face because it would be so devastated the audience would be broken

Image - Georges Jeanty
    Everything else - Gimp

- - - Updated - - -

Angriest Moment . . . I have so many mixed feelings about Buffy being a cop, Dawn having a child at 25 and not yet finishing school . . . maybe Joyce can grow up to be anything she wants . . . maybe none of us can

Images - Georges Jeanty
    Everything else - Gimp
    Last edited by Priceless; 27-09-18 at 04:35 PM.

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (27-09-18),betta (27-09-18),buffylover (27-09-18),Double Dutchess (11-10-18),flow (27-09-18),Fuzzy (11-10-18),Josh (02-10-18),Lyri (02-10-18),Nina (27-09-18),Silver1 (14-10-18),SpuffyGlitz (27-09-18),Stoney (27-09-18),thenewbuzwuzz (27-09-18)

Thanks

Great Questions! Love it!

Caps: My own, the rest is PS resources.

Not my best work but the sentiment is still there. The Body is one big bleeding wound for any Buffy fan. But for me, the moment Buffy utters the word "Mommy" as if she were a child is one of the most heartbreaking moments ever and it will bring me to tears in an instance of watching.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (02-10-18),buffylover (02-10-18),Double Dutchess (11-10-18),Fuzzy (11-10-18),Lyri (02-10-18),Nina (02-10-18),Priceless (02-10-18),Silver1 (14-10-18),Stoney (03-10-18)

Thanks

2. Most Surprising Moment

Fandom: Teen Wolf

I went a little bit meta on this one, lmao. And just FYI, I'm gonna do it for the next one, too, lol.

The moment itself, or rather the scenes I depicted here, wasn't what I found so surprising, more the acting. Dylan O'Brien, the actor who played Stiles Stilinski, had no acting experience prior to getting the part on Teen Wolf, three years before this scene was filmed. So when I saw this scene, where Stiles is possessed by an evil Fox demon, and how amazing O'Brien was, it was truly a surprise to me. He is incredibly talented, as far as I'm concerned, and I will completely unsurprised if, one day, he wins an Oscar.

As for the banner itself, I kept it muted to represent the void that the Nogitsune, the hollowness inside him, with a splash of red to represent the pain the demon has caused. (Poor Allison). I couldn't find a good stock to represent flies, so I used birds (the fly being the Nogitsune itself and how it possessed Stiles in the first place) and the clock to represent how time was running out to save Stiles. And the hand to depict Stiles himself being trapped inside.

Credits

Stocks: abbysidian @ Diviantart
    Gradients: Mine
    Text: From the show (sort of, a changed it a little)

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lyri For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (11-10-18),Double Dutchess (11-10-18),Fuzzy (11-10-18),Josh (10-10-18),Nina (10-10-18),Priceless (10-10-18),Silver1 (14-10-18),Stoney (10-10-18)

Thanks

3. angriest moment - the red wedding/game of thrones

STOP HERE IF YOU PLAN ON WATCHING GAME OF THRONES/SPOILERS FOR SEASON 3 OF GAME OF THRONES
    Spoiler:

I thought I knew everything about television and that nothing could surprising up until the scene better known as 'The Red Wedding'. The battle of who gets to sit at thrones seems to reach climax, as Rob AKA 'The Young Wolf' is getting the upper hand at each and every battle he fights. This comes to an end when he's double crossed and gets completely slaughtered at the brink of his victory.

I wanted to quit the show. I was so angry about this, it was completely earth shattering. He was about to win and then gets completely slaughtered. It took me a few months to calm down and finish the season. I was so angry.

'The Red Wedding'
    Spoiler:

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (12-10-18),buffylover (12-10-18),Lyri (12-10-18),Nina (12-10-18),Priceless (12-10-18),Silver1 (14-10-18),Stoney (12-10-18)

Thanks

2. Most Surprising - 'Who is the Killer In The Crowd'/Veronica Mars

Don't read ahead if you plan on watching Veronica Mars.

Season 2 of Veronica Mars revolves around a few mysteries, one of which is who blew up a bus full of kids. In the most climactic Season 2 finale, we find out who did that and what other HORRIBLE things he did. I remember watching it back in the day, being absolutely shock by not only the reveal, but how they pieced everything together so well.

caps by captoit
    texture by evenstarss
    brushes by mercurycode
    Last edited by Josh; 13-10-18 at 08:25 PM.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (17-10-18),buffylover (13-10-18),Double Dutchess (13-10-18),Priceless (13-10-18),Silver1 (14-10-18),Stoney (14-10-18)

Thanks

[1/1] Your Most Saddest Moment?

HANDS DOWN! 'The Body'. “It has to be ‘The Body’ the first 15mins was magnificent distortion superb acting of the theme of realism of death.”

Black sea.

Credits;
    Screencaps; All mine VLC screencaps by each episode downloaded {here}.
    Textures; My paints

Until next time.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (17-10-18),Josh (17-10-18),Nina (17-10-18),Priceless (17-10-18)

Thanks

3. Angriest Moment

Fandom: Supernatural

Sorry, but I will be Supernatural trash until the day this show is in the ground. It's been 13 years, I ain't quitting now!

After Charlie Bradbury was introduced in Supernatural, the fandom took to her like a duck takes to water. They loved everything about this fiery red-head and her Princess Leia tattoo. After a while, one of the producers from the show was asked a question about Charlie and during his answer, he said that the one character who they would never kill off was Charlie.

Then this happened.

I understand that things change in a show, the storyline mutates and grows and circumstances change (Felicia Day had a baby, for example, which might have been the reason she was killed off, who knows?) but at the same time, it made me SO angry that someone could stand up for this character, championing this character as the best the show had to offer, and promise us all that she was safe, only to kill her off. Which didn't even have to happen!! There was absolutely no reason for Charlie to die in this episode. The writers and producers all saw how angry we were about their decision, and that was probably the main factor in their decision to bring her back last season, lmao.

Alright, again, I went a bit meta for this one, but I honestly can't really think of anything that made me really angry in a show that wasn't something like this, outside influences.

Credits

Gradients: Mine
    Textures: Abbysidian
    Text: From the show (just imagine that word said in Dean's broken, cracking voice *sniffs)

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyri For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (Yesterday),Josh (Yesterday),Nina (18-10-18),Priceless (Yesterday),Stoney (Yesterday)

Thanks

Thank you again for the people who participated! in Ahm Shere questions.

Now officially closed.

Who is willing to do the next set of questions! If not I don't mind doing another set!

Thanks

I can’t believe I never even did an entry! I’ve been so busy over the last month I just haven’t had time. but I’ve enjoyed seeing everybody’s pieces!

♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahm Shere For This Useful Post:

buffylover (Yesterday),Stoney (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,576 Times in 4,342 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ahm Shere View Post
    I can’t believe I never even did an entry! I’ve been so busy over the last month I just haven’t had time. but I’ve enjoyed seeing everybody’s pieces!
    Me too. Hopefully I'll get the chance to do something for Josh's challenge and the next banner questions.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Josh (Yesterday)

Thanks

I'm just going to do the next set of the question if no one is willing. These are for people who are interested.

There is no force if you have more important things to do that's fine.

I'm truly busy with life stuff and I'm still trying...

So here we go!

Fandom; FANTASY FILMS...

YOUR BEST SCENERY [1/3]

YOUR BEST JOURNEY [2/3]

YOUR BEST BATTLE [3/3]

Deadline. (FOUR WEEKS) 16th November 2018.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (Today),Josh (Yesterday),Nina (Yesterday),Priceless (Yesterday),Stoney (Yesterday)