Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Banner/icon meme challenge.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,160 Posts

2. My most relatable moment

- - - Updated - - -

3. My Most Disappointing Moment

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (20-08-18),buffylover (19-08-18),Double Dutchess (19-08-18),Josh (19-08-18),Nina (19-08-18),Silver1 (19-08-18),SpuffyGlitz (19-08-18),Stoney (19-08-18),TriBel (19-08-18)

Thanks

Great job! I would love it if you write a little blurb about each piece. Just an explanation on why you decided to go one direction on another, but you really don't have to! I just like to hear from the artist.
    "Well you may never be or have a husband, you may never have or hold a child, you will learn to lose everything... We are temporary arrangements"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:

Priceless (19-08-18),Stoney (20-08-18),TriBel (19-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Great job! I would love it if you write a little blurb about each piece. Just an explanation on why you decided to go one direction on another, but you really don't have to! I just like to hear from the artist.
    I have seen Buffy so many times, that the WTF moments don't have the same impact anymore. But I've only seen Angel a couple of times, this might be my third full watch, and I can still feel an echo of that first shock at seeing Cordy and Connor having sex. I loved Angel watching them through the window and the absolute rage on his face. I though red was just the colour to portray that rage. I chose the text because Cordy says she wants to give Connor, something real.

I relate to a a lot of things within the show, but I thought this was quite funny. Buffy is Boss, but Robin is her boss. I spend a lot of time of work waiting for things to happen and trying to fill time, so I relate. It's incredibly derivative, but I love the way others have used that image of Buffy and I love the bright colours others use and I thought I'd give it a go. I'm not very good at cutting out images, so I needed the practice.

There are very few disappointing moments in Buffy. But running after Riley is perhaps the worst thing Buffy ever does. I was disappointed in her for running after someone who didn't respect her. I wanted to use images of Buffy running, but I don't have the expertise to make that work well, she looks too static for the image to work well. I used the red for the emotion and to signify the blood Riley gave to the suck whores. My favourite part is the text, I like the size and I think it works better than the image.

If anyone wants to know anything else, please feel free to ask

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (20-08-18),Double Dutchess (19-08-18),Josh (19-08-18),Stoney (20-08-18),TriBel (19-08-18)

Thanks

My Most Relatable Moment

As a woman, when walking home at night I always feel vulnerable and cautious, and anyone who I walk by, I'm instantly on guard. Also, I know I'm not strong enough to fight anyone off. This is why this moment in Helpless is really relatable to me. Buffy is walking home at night when she's cat-called and leered at, however she's weak because of the upcoming test (of course at this moment she thinks she's like every other person, she thinks she is losing her slayer ability.) Just about every woman has had this happen to her once in her life, and especially if it happens at night, it's scary. The look on Buffy's face, the way her arms are wrapped around her, I see me in this moment. That's why I chose it.

Most Disappointing Moment

As a huge Spuffy fan, the moment that Spike and Anya got together was one of the most disappointing moments for me. I tried to do something similar to what buffylover did on the tutorial but alas I need a lot more practise!

Last edited by Ahm Shere; 20-08-18 at 09:32 PM.

♥ Got A Secret, Can You Keep it? Swear This One You'll Save. ♥
    ♥ Haleb ♥

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ahm Shere For This Useful Post:

betta (20-08-18),buffylover (20-08-18),Josh (20-08-18),Nina (20-08-18),Priceless (20-08-18),SpuffyGlitz (20-08-18),Stoney (20-08-18)