Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Joss Sci-Fi Drama The Nevers Ordered at HBO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    What if The Nevers ends up being right up there with Buffy & Firefly? How kool would that be?
    I just hope that it's good. Maybe that will stop a lot of the Joss bashing that I see online nowadays.

It's really sad to see how so many people have turned against Joss.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lostsoul666 For This Useful Post:

flow (17-08-19),HowiMetdaSlayer (17-08-19),Silver1 (17-08-19),Stoney (17-08-19),TriBel (08-09-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 1,698 Posts

Filming wraps on epsiode one! And it's likely Joss Whedon directed it himself.

https://www.hbothenevers.com/post/fi...QgSRTT4DfJ5iaY

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (20-08-19),Nebula1400 (21-08-19),Priceless (20-08-19),TriBel (20-08-19)

Thanks

New Waifu.

Has potential.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lostsoul666 For This Useful Post:

flow (20-08-19)

Thanks

OK anyone else find that photo kinda unsettling?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

flow (07-09-19),Priceless (07-09-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 1,698 Posts

She does looks a bit alien. Or cyborg-y. Or maybe just very focused and determined.

floe
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Thanks

Well her face is kinda focused in while her body is outta focus. Which makes her head seem kinda larger. Freaky

Scooby Gang
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoul666 View Post
    I just hope that it's good. Maybe that will stop a lot of the Joss bashing that I see online nowadays.

It's really sad to see how so many people have turned against Joss.
    People turned against Joss because of his arrogance and how he treated his wife. Alsohis6 scripts like Wonder woman were pretty awful too

Thanks
    Thanked 5,002 Times in 2,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    OK anyone else find that photo kinda unsettling?
    Meh...makes me feel better about buying a fairly expensive camera and not understanding what the little square focus thingy and the countless beeps means. Glad to know I'm not the only person who can't be arsed to read the instruction manual.

Thanks

All said regarding writers, producers, actors, directors, viewers, readers, etc. are what I remember, my opinions, etc.

Again, these are my regards regarding fans and people somehow being against Joss Whedon nowadays: http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...l=1#post735691.

* The Marvel Cinematic Universe doesn't make much--if any--sense after The Avengers . It's very likely post- Avengers 3 that the MCU will make even less sense. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is excellent and far superior to most of the MCU. Iron Man and The Avengers are arguably the only 2 actually good movies in the MCU.

* I hope The Nevers is good. I hope something is done with a live action or animated Buffyverse.

Even Dollhouse is better than almost all TV nowadays.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

Priceless (08-09-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,026 Posts

Personally I don't think having an affair necessarily makes it so you're not a feminist however if you do or say things in that affair it can show you are not really a feminist. If you believe Kai, which I'm inclined to, this letter she claims was written by Joss does not make him look good:

"He wrote me, 'When I was running Buffy, I was surrounded by beautiful, needy, aggressive young women. It felt like I had a disease, like something from a Greek myth. Suddenly I am a powerful producer and the world is laid out at my feet, and I can't touch it,'" Cole writes. "But he did touch it."

If he felt people were needy and he took advantage of them then that's not cool.

Also, employers in a position of power should not be having affairs with their employees. That's just wrong.

Add in that where BtVS was cutting new ground at the time that was then and the goal posts have moved. If it was released today I don't believe people would see it as a feminist show any more. That's why Xander hasn't aged well as a character. What was funny and acceptable in the 90s now comes across as out of line.

Add in the scandal around the Black Widow character https://www.vox.com/2015/5/11/858208...on-joss-whedon and the bat girl and Wonder Woman scripts https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-woman-batgirl and Joss comes across looking like feminism moved forward and he didn't go with it.

I've been watching 90210BH and this topic was covered quite well with Ian Z's character.

Personally I hope Joss has anothe great story in him, I hope he paid attention to the #metoo movement and heard what woman were saying. Everyone is capable of learning and growing as an individual even Joss. I hope we see a brand new Joss with a great story. If not, I just Won't watch.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (09-09-19),flow (09-09-19),TriBel (09-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BtVS fan View Post
    People turned against Joss because of his arrogance and how he treated his wife. Alsohis6 scripts like Wonder woman were pretty awful too
    But that doesn't mean that ever article about Joss needs to keep bringing it up over and over again.

I honestly don't think that Joss is anymore arrogant then other writer's in Hollywood.

Yes he cheated on his wife, but cheating on your wife as horrible as it is is not a crime. Plus we need to take what his wife said with a grain of salt.

Also his Wonder Woman script was not a final script.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lostsoul666 For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (11-09-19)

Thanks

Amen! I think A LOT of Joss' issues has been overstated. Grrr arrg!
    Don't get me wrong, I never felt that he was infallible. Far from it.
    I mean I never cared for Angel or Dollhouse. Wasn't even that big on either Avenger movie.
    Personally (as fan of good TV) am rooting for The Nevers.