Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joss Sci-Fi Drama The Nevers Ordered at HBO.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,281 Times in 1,817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Whedonesque just tweeted - According to Production Weekly, Jane Espenson is a showrunner on Joss Whedon's The Nevers on HBO. In related news, Laurie Penny tweeted earlier this week that she was a staff writer on the show.

I'm torn, because I like Espenson's work, but am not a fan of Laurie Penny
    And that, my friend, is the epitome of a first world problem.

Not contributing then?

https://www.patreon.com/lauriepenny

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (25-01-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,385 Times in 3,516 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    And that, my friend, is the epitome of a first world problem.

Not contributing then?

https://www.patreon.com/lauriepenny
    Err . . . no, I think my money is best spent otherwhere

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (25-01-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,281 Times in 1,817 Posts

Err . . . no, I think my money is best spent otherwhere
    Do I lose all credibility if I say I had to Google her (Penny - not Espenson)? Once I'd done that, I could understand your predicament. Still Espenson and Whedon - two out of three ain't bad (I nearly linked to the MeatLoaf song but it made me feel old ).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (26-01-19),Priceless (25-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Do I lose all credibility if I say I had to Google her (Penny - not Espenson)? Once I'd done that, I could understand your predicament. Still Espenson and Whedon - two out of three ain't bad (I nearly linked to the MeatLoaf song but it made me feel old ).
    Oh no, I love that you didn't know who Penny is . . . she says silly things on twitter that get my back up, so I wish I didn't know her either. Espenson only tweets about tea and writing and animals and I like her

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (25-01-19)

Library Researcher HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Had to google her.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (26-01-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,753 Times in 806 Posts

Me too but I don't feel bad not knowing who she is. Bloody hell. Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh God, She's English.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (26-01-19),Stoney (26-01-19),TriBel (09-02-19)

Thanks

HBO Boss Casey Bloys Gives Us a Status Update on Joss Whedon’s ‘The Nevers’
    TCA 2019: Programming chief tells TheWrap the “Buffy” creator is writing — and it’s “very exciting”

Jennifer Maas and Tony Maglio | February 8, 2019 @ 3:52 PM
    Last Updated: February 8, 2019 @ 4:14 PM

Calling all Whedonverse fans, we have a status update on your leader’s next big project

TheWrap asked HBO programming chief Casey Bloys on Friday during the Television Critics Association press tour where the premium cable network is with the upcoming Joss Whedon sci-fi drama series, “The Nevers,” which was first announced last July.

And here is what he had to say: “We just started. [Joss] has been writing. It’s very exciting. He’s great to work with. We’ve just started talking about names, starting auditions, things like that. So we’re just starting.”

“The Nevers” is described as an epic science fiction drama about a gang of Victorian women who find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies, and are on a mission that might change the world.

Whedon will serve as writer, showrunner and executive producer, the first TV series he will helm since Fox’s short-lived “Dollhouse” in 2009-2010.

“We have long been fans of the incredibly talented and prolific Joss Whedon and we can’t think of a better project than ‘The Nevers’ with which to welcome him to the HBO family,” Bloys said in a statement when the series was ordered. “We look forward to meeting the strange, multifaceted characters of ‘The Nevers,’ to learn their stories, see them in action and share them with our viewers. We’re honored that Joss chose HBO as the place to build his ambitious new world and we are excited to get started.”

“I honestly couldn’t be more excited,” Whedon added. “‘The Nevers’ is maybe the most ambitious narrative I’ve created, and I can’t imagine a better home for it than HBO. Not only are they the masters of cinematic long-form, but their instant understanding of my odd, intimate epic was as emotional as it was incisive. It’s been too long since I created an entirely new fictional world, and the HBO team offer not just scope and experience, not just ‘prestige,’ but a passionate collaboration. I could go on, but – I’m impatiently grateful to say – I have work to do.”

On the small screen, Whedon is most known for helming “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” its spinoff “Angel” and “Firefly.” He was also among the major creative forces for Marvel’s big screen Cinematic Universe, directing both “The Avengers” and its sequel, “Avengers: Age of Ultron.” He also helped the MCU expand to television, directing the pilot for ABC’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”

Whedon is currently helming “The Nevers” for HBO and has a female detective comedy series in the works at Freeform. He is also executive producing the “Buffy” reboot, which will be written by “Midnight, Texas” creator Monica Owusu-Breen.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (09-02-19),bespangled (09-02-19),Silver1 (09-02-19),Stoney (09-02-19),TriBel (09-02-19)

Library Researcher HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounding like 2020 at earliest...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,142 Times in 997 Posts

Whedon is currently helming “The Nevers” for HBO and has a female detective comedy series in the works at Freeform. He is also executive producing the “Buffy” reboot, which will be written by “Midnight, Texas” creator Monica Owusu-Breen.
    See, I didn't think much of Midnight Texas at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    See, I didn't think much of Midnight Texas at all.
    Me neither. But it was based on a series of books, so it was sort of hamstrung from the start. I'm hopeful that with so much freedom, the new Buffy will be better

Thanks
    Thanked 4,656 Times in 2,196 Posts

Me neither. But it was based on a series of books, so it was sort of hamstrung from the start. I'm hopeful that with so much freedom, the new Buffy will be better
    I really liked season 1, but season 2 was a big disappointment.
    I think you mean "hamstrung because it was based on a Charlaine Harris series of books", LOL..

One of my favourite things about the show was Len and his backstory, and that was written for the show specifically, because apparently, Len is white in the books.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Priceless (11-02-19)

Thanks

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

flow (24-04-19),Nebula1400 (10-05-19),StateOfSiege97 (24-04-19),Stoney (24-04-19),Willow from Buffy (23-04-19)

Thanks

Some tweets between Marti and Joss yesterday . . .

@Joss
    Marti, MARTI, how many of my lives did your talented heart save? #JossProtector (I cried for two hours straight writing that speech. Never been happier. And it was the score to SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, maybe just the last track on repeat, the whole time.)

@martinoxon
    22h22 hours ago

Yeh. We did like that. We both cried and wrote. Come to think of it, some things haven't changed much.

Those days! Those incredible days that, when I take a moment, I remember so clearly. ❤️ you then, ❤️ you now across the sea making new heroines, I'm sure.

@joss

Replying to @martinoxon

I think you’ll be pleased.

10:01 AM - 15 May 2019

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

flow (15-05-19),Stoney (15-05-19),TriBel (16-05-19),Willow from Buffy (15-05-19)

Library Researcher Willow from Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

Man, hire her already. Joss, Jane and Marti would be the most McFly team since Buffy.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willow from Buffy For This Useful Post:

flow (15-05-19),Priceless (16-05-19),TriBel (16-05-19)