Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marvel Shows on Netflix

Thanks
    Thanked 5,012 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    And thats why I don't watch it.
    But it's fun, entertaining, fast paced and it does deal with some deeper issues. The cast is forever changing, no one is safe, which makes it exciting. I really enjoy it, it's a lot of fun

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,468 Times in 718 Posts

Sorry, not my idea of fun love.

Bronze Party-Goer Fool for Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    I was brought up on Marvel comics, but I must admit I was never a the Shield fan, although from what I remember apart from the whole Hydra arc the TV series bares very little resemblance to the comics series.

But then when it comes to TV shows I like complex, otherwise I'd be watching Arrow and legends of flaming tomorrow.
    It is complex. It's one of the most complex shows I've ever watched. And Fitz is about as complex of a character as there is anywhere. Also everything they do with Hydra is pretty perfect, and they have plenty of nods to the comics.

TTB you're absolutely right that I shouldn't rely on reviews, but I do nonetheless. It's a bad habit. I do appreciate your positive input. I may try it out now.
    Hello cutie

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fool for Buffy For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (27-06-18),Priceless (26-06-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

It is complex. It's one of the most complex shows I've ever watched

Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 Times in 1,981 Posts

Something I just saw on Tumblr, kind of sums it up:

And boy, has this thread veered away from the Marvel Netflix shows.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

DeepBlueJoy (28-06-18)

Thanks

For what it's worth I have seen all 4 of Cloak & Dagger so far. An enjoyable summer show and when the two leads finally sat down to have a conversation it moved well. Most of the reviews I've seen are neutral to positive. Sort of reminds me of early Sunnydale but with less camp and more narrative darkness but not total bleakness. Although even without watching all the shows mentioned here I feel I can safely assume they're all better then Inhumans.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

DeepBlueJoy (28-06-18),Fool for Buffy (27-06-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 Times in 1,981 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanSlayer View Post
    For what it's worth I have seen all 4 of Cloak & Dagger so far. An enjoyable summer show and when the two leads finally sat down to have a conversation it moved well. Most of the reviews I've seen are neutral to positive. Sort of reminds me of early Sunnydale but with less camp and more narrative darkness but not total bleakness. Although even without watching all the shows mentioned here I feel I can safely assume they're all better then Inhumans.
    Sunnydale? What did you actually mean?
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

Some more angst driven plots with less camp then early seasons of Buffy. The creators behind the show have also referenced Buffy once or twice.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

DeepBlueJoy (28-06-18)

Bronze Party-Goer HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fool for Buffy View Post
    It is complex. It's one of the most complex shows I've ever watched. And Fitz is about as complex of a character as there is anywhere. Also everything they do with Hydra is pretty perfect, and they have plenty of nods to the comics.

TTB you're absolutely right that I shouldn't rely on reviews, but I do nonetheless. It's a bad habit. I do appreciate your positive input. I may try it out now.
    I ♥ FitzSimmons! Haven't been big on some of the storylines the last few seasons, though. Hopefully season 6 will be better.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Fool for Buffy (28-06-18)

Thanks

Anyone seen season 2 of Iron Fist, yet? I'd say bout the same as S1. Kinda slow with some repetitive dialogue. More Meachum DRAMA! Alice Eve was a nice addition to the cast, though. Also, by the end of the sophomore season was kinda wondering if maybe Oprah had taken over as the showrunner cause...
    Only open if you've seen the S2 finale!
    Spoiler:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    Anyone seen season 2 of Iron Fist, yet? I'd say bout the same as S1. Kinda slow with some repetitive dialogue. More Meachum DRAMA! Alice Eve was a nice addition to the cast, though. Also, by the end of the sophomore season was kinda wondering if maybe Oprah had taken over as the showrunner cause...
    Only open if you've seen the S2 finale!
    Spoiler:
    I couldn't get through Season 1, the dialogue was so awful. I'm not even attempting Season 2

Slayer
    Thanks

It's not had very good reviews by the looks of it.

Thanks

Yeah it's not the best. Was mostly a 'bored watch'.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (10-09-18)

Thanks

The Marvel shows on Netflix are trying to be good, they have all the things they need to be good, but the writers, or producers or directors, just can't put the pieces together effectively. Except for Jessica Jones, and that lost it's way a little bit in Season 2.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (10-09-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

Thats because they didn't have a have a great villain in the shape of David Tennant anymore.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-09-18)

Thanks

Didn't care for the villain nor Tenant.