Thread: WestWorld

Sunnydale High Student HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Default WestWorld

Last night's penultimate episode of season 2 was frakkin' krazy! Is anyone watching this show?

Scooby Gang
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 601 Posts

Oh me! Me! I have and I adore it! Superb production standards and fantastic writing and performances! Best series on TV at the moment imo.

This made me smile.

Last edited by Silver1; 18-06-18 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks

The finale was bonkers! Wonder WTF gonna happen in S3?!

Scooby Gang
    Thanks

Well the writers have already come out said we'll have a story split between the park and the outside world.

I thought apart from a few plot 'niggles' the final was fantastic, and as for that post credit scene.....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 1,664 Posts

I really, really prefer to hope that
    Spoiler:
    Stubbs was NOT a host, and was just trying to make very clear by allusion that he knew exactly who he was talking to and was making the choice to let her go. If he's just a host doing what Ford most likely wanted, that's... not exactly new ground. I kind of need him to be human, because there were ultimately only three human characters on this show who weren't garbage in most respects, and the other two (Emily and Elsie) didn't make it.

As for the post-credit... everything to do with MiB after he came to and got on the elevator is incoherent. Was it a 2nd elevator? Did he get off on the wrong floor? The lack of flooding indicates he went down there contemporaneous to Bernard and Delores but he was already out by the time Bernard left. Pretty much leaves in total disarray whether the William on the beach was the real one and the one in Fidelity Hell with host-Emily is a host copy, or whether he was always a Host for sometime (which the first hour of the finale indicated was not the case). But honestly I ran out of sh*ts to give to his story when he killed Emily, and honestly he became pointless once she came across him in the first place. Pour one out for the end of the frightening badass MiB whose very existence made us ask hard questions about whether our ethical and moral choices only matter when interacting with "real" people, for he did come to an end with his AWESOME monologue before he killed all the crazy soldier hosts.

Banner by LRae12

Scooby Gang
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingofCretins View Post
    I really, really prefer to hope that
    Spoiler:
    Stubbs was NOT a host, and was just trying to make very clear by allusion that he knew exactly who he was talking to and was making the choice to let her go. If he's just a host doing what Ford most likely wanted, that's... not exactly new ground. I kind of need him to be human, because there were ultimately only three human characters on this show who weren't garbage in most respects, and the other two (Emily and Elsie) didn't make it.

As for the post-credit... everything to do with MiB after he came to and got on the elevator is incoherent. Was it a 2nd elevator? Did he get off on the wrong floor? The lack of flooding indicates he went down there contemporaneous to Bernard and Delores but he was already out by the time Bernard left. Pretty much leaves in total disarray whether the William on the beach was the real one and the one in Fidelity Hell with host-Emily is a host copy, or whether he was always a Host for sometime (which the first hour of the finale indicated was not the case). But honestly I ran out of sh*ts to give to his story when he killed Emily, and honestly he became pointless once she came across him in the first place. Pour one out for the end of the frightening badass MiB whose very existence made us ask hard questions about whether our ethical and moral choices only matter when interacting with "real" people, for he did come to an end with his AWESOME monologue before he killed all the crazy soldier hosts.
    The show runners have come out and explained the post credit sequence, even though I'm not particularly bright I got what was going on. It says it in the dialogue for a start.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...a-host-1122757

Thanks

How long do we have to keep spoiler tagging stuff? Since the show has already aired? Anyway...
    Spoiler:
    Emily quickly became one of my favorite characters on the show. So was unhappy about her death. However at least it was important to the plot. Kind of like Callie on BSG. That's also why I sort of like how people can become hosts in WestWorld. Gives us a chance to see old faces again.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 1,664 Posts

Thread is for the show generally and isn't spoiler-tagged.

Banner by LRae12

Thanks

I stopped watching Westworld after seeing the MiB's daughter meet the MiB.

Westworld is a much worse and much less entertaining version of Battlestar Galactica (the Reimagined version) and Joss Whedon's Dollhouse .

I don't care about hosts and would be perfectly happy if all of them 'died'. Dr. Ford was the only interesting character in Season 1 and they offed him and I was hoping he'd be in Season 2.

Perhaps the entire premise of Westworld is much better done in literally the first few minutes of the opening of Battlestar Galactica (the Reimagined version).

It's kinda a problem with the recent Planet of the Apes movies and probably why the last one didn't do relatively well at the box office. What human actually wants apes to rule the world?

BTW, the robots in BSG are more 'human' and sympathetic than the ones in Westworld . And the actors playing the robots are better and more dynamic and charismatic than the ones in Westworld .