Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Passion of the Nerd - Buffy and Angel youtube videos

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    Don't blame him. If I were him, I'd just make one review for whole season and not even bother rewatching.
    S7 is watchable but Id recommend skipping Episode 10 to 15 in which basically nothing happens. The Potentials, (shudder) sit around Buffys house while the First pops up and makes a threat which the cast then sell like it's the worst thing ever then Buffy gives a speech and that's pretty much it for those episodes. Not till 16 does something happen and even then it's about Andrew, who I despise almost as much as the Potentials but who others might like.
    Last edited by BtVS fan; 10-02-19 at 07:53 PM.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 884 Posts

I don't despise Andrew, but I seriously have no idea why Joss and co were so obssed with him. I get kinda get why he was turned into a Xander replacement for season 7 because of Nicks 'health' issues, but lord, he did grate on me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (10-02-19)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    I don't despise Andrew, but I seriously have no idea why Joss and co were so obssed with him. I get kinda get why he was turned into a Xander replacement for season 7 because of Nicks 'health' issues, but lord, he did grate on me.
    That and Joss loved Tom Lenk is all I can think of.

Then he was brought back for Angel S5. Apparently Giles made him a Watcher ... Wait What

I'm still not sure why Angel wasn't throttling him in The Girl In Question either, considering his double cross in Damage ?

As for his role in the comics and him drugging Buffy and replacing her with a Robot the least said the better.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (10-02-19),SpuffyGlitz (10-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,052 Posts

I'm not a S7 fan, but I'd much rather watch a S7 review by someone who loves the season than someone who hates it, so I really hope he grows to love the season eventually.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (13-02-19),flow (11-02-19),Priceless (11-02-19),Silver1 (11-02-19),SpuffyGlitz (11-02-19),TriBel (11-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,347 Times in 671 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    I'm not a S7 fan, but I'd much rather watch a S7 review by someone who loves the season than someone who hates it, so I really hope he grows to love the season eventually.
    The same thing happened when it aired. TWoP was unreadable.

I contend the show never jumped any sharks, however--perhaps there's a term for it--S6 marked a turn when many stopped watching the show for what happens and only watched to see what they want to happen. If it didn't, then it sucked. Folks were hating on those episodes from the previews. Maybe it's a final season thing.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

bespangled (13-02-19),flow (11-02-19),Silver1 (11-02-19),Sosa lola (13-02-19),TriBel (11-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,052 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    The same thing happened when it aired. TWoP was unreadable.
    I remember reading the TWoP recaps. They were tedious. The only character the viewers liked was Giles. They simply hated everything and everybody. I don't enjoy reading and listening to those kinds of reviews anymore.

To be fair, I used to be as sour about S7, and made it absolutely clear that I despise the season. Now... it just feels tiring. I'd rather find the positive.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

flow (13-02-19)

Library Researcher HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    I remember reading the TWoP recaps. They were tedious. The only character the viewers liked was Giles. They simply hated everything and everybody. I don't enjoy reading and listening to those kinds of reviews anymore.

To be fair, I used to be as sour about S7, and made it absolutely clear that I despise the season. Now... it just feels tiring. I'd rather find the positive.
    Me too...I'm glad it's over.