Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 Days of Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 11,163 Times in 4,566 Posts

Day 3 For the episode itself Smile Time made me laugh plenty, for seeing my favourite character brought back I was blissfully happy with the end scene of Conviction.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,087 Times in 2,931 Posts

Day 3 - An Episode that makes you laugh/happy I haven't watched Angel for a long time, but I remember really enjoying Spin The Bottle.

(Stoney: maybe it's time for an Angel Pos/Neg thread?)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Stoney (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,508 Times in 1,045 Posts

Day 3: The Girl In Question.

I know, most people hate that episode, but I think, it is really funny. Except for the decoy, that didn`t look like Buffy at all.

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,671 Times in 2,309 Posts

Day 3 - An Episode that makes you laugh/happy - I'm going to say Spin the Bottle as well. It ends on a glum note but it's honestly the funniest episode of Angel. There's so many hilarious moments and you can see DB laughing when he runs back into the Hyperion after seeing the "demon cars", which always makes me smile.
    "You've got ... a world of strength in your heart. I know you do. You just have to find it again. Believe in yourself."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (16-05-18),TimeTravellingBunny (16-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    (Stoney: maybe it's time for an Angel Pos/Neg thread?)
    I certainly don't know AtS anywhere near as well, so it will definitely be harder but I can always glance at the transcripts if need be. Perhaps we can just move on to AtS when we finish S7.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

bespangled (17-05-18),Priceless (16-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I certainly don't know AtS anywhere near as well, so it will definitely be harder but I can always glance at the transcripts if need be. Perhaps we can just move on to AtS when we finish S7.
    Same here Stoney, I've only seen the whole show twice, though I've watched selected episodes several times. I think a Pos/Neg thread might give me more of an appreciation of the show

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Stoney (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,066 Posts

Day 3 - An episode that made you laugh/happy - I'm going with Spin the Bottle as well - the funniest AtS episode by far.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Bronze Party-Goer Fool for Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

Day 3: Smile Time always makes me laugh, and I’m a hardcore Wesley Fred guy so it certainly makes me happy.
    Hello cutie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 543 Posts

Day 4 - An Episode that is Sad A Hole In The World is the obvious choice, and it really is painful. I am tempted by Billy, just because of the ending with Fred and Wesley.
    Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments...The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,066 Posts

Day 4 - An Episode that is Sad - Lullaby - between the scene where Holtz realizes his daughter is a vampire and dusts her and Darla's death, it's probably the episode that I find the saddest. Though other candidates could be The Trial, Tomorrow, Deep Down (both for the Angel/Connor stuff and Holtz' revenge) and Are You Now or Have Your Ever Been? (the fate of that woman was really sad).

A Hole in the World is very obviously trying to make me sad, but instead just makes me angry.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

bespangled (17-05-18)

Thanks

Day 4 A Hole in the World works on me in spades.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Fool for Buffy (17-05-18)

Thanks

Day 4 - An Episode of AtS that is Sad

What is actually sad? A regular human character gets killed after years of fighting powerful vampires and demons. If AtF is canon, we already know that Fred wasn't actually fully destroyed. It's surprising most of the non-supernatural and non-superpowered characters didn't die. Xander complained about his eye being poked out, but he survived Caleb and Caleb easily killed Potentials Slayer.

Darla dusts herself. She's an evil vampire and Angel outside of Jasmine influence clearly loves Buffy, Spike, and Drusilla more than he loves Darla.

The actual saddest episode of AtS is "Sanctuary" (A 1.19). That permanently ended Buffy/Angel vs. Buffy/Spike the moment in "Touched" (B 7.20) that Spike tells Buffy he'd kill Faith if Buffy wanted Faith killed. All Angel's Shanshu Prophecy stuff, Season 8... his decision to support Faith over Buffy sullied Buffy/Angel forever. Moreover, Faith does what Buffy wants.

Why does Faith have to go to prison? Why couldn't the Watchers Council support Faith? Why did the Mayor protect, financially support, and love Faith more than the Watchers Council did? Angel is the Los Angeles champion of the Powers That Be. Spike was offered to be a Scooby by Giles. Anya is a Scooby or at least a quasi Scooby. Yet Faith needs to go to prison? The world is deprived of the Slayer who dusted Kakitos and Mr. Trick (albeit both with Buffy's help). The world is deprived a Slayer for 146 days. Was the world better off with Faith in prison? Heck, Harmony and Drusilla weren't killed mainly because of Spike. Spike in "This Years Girl" (B 4.15) was interested in the idea of Faith. Given what we learn of Giles in the comics, he could easily have supported Faith. I'm not sure why the Mayor wouldn't have left his assets with Faith.

- Really, it seems Eliza Dushku's wanting to focus on her movie career is the reason Faith was put in prison. In-'verse it makes little sense.
    Last edited by MikeB; 17-05-18 at 11:24 AM. Reason: some 'cleanup'

Thanks

MikeB - why do you believe everything Skip says about Jasmine? He's under her thrall as much as any other character and only repeated what she has told him. I don't see him as credible at all.
    Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments...The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Stoney (17-05-18),TimeTravellingBunny (17-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,671 Times in 2,309 Posts

Day 4 - An Episode that is Sad I have a few. I always find Are You Now Or Have You Ever Been to be an incredibly sad episode overall with the black family being turned away from the hotel at the beginning, to Judy turning on Angel, and of course the heartbreaking scene when Angel finds an elderly Judy and she asks for his forgiveness. The gentle score over that scene is so moving.

I find Kate's scenes in Reprise to be really heartbreaking when she's humiliated and fired from her job ("I'm glad your father's not around to see this" - STFU you *******) and then overdoses on pills. I never used to like Kate but the older I get the more I really start to appreciate her and I wish she'd stuck around on the show longer. The phone conversation between Cordy/Wes in this episode is also really sad.

The end of You're Welcome never fails to make me cry. They butchered Cordy throughout the last 2 seasons but her final scene gets me every time and I feel like I'm almost saying goodbye to Buffy again with another original cast member departing.

And I actually find Shells to be far sadder than A Hole in the World and far less OTT and sentimental. The scene of Gunn breaking down in his hospital bed is very upsetting and the final flashback of a hopeful Fred setting off on her journey to LA always makes me teary. I've never been a huge Fred fan but it's heartbreaking to see her in that scene and knowing that her life will be stripped from her in a really devastating way.
    "You've got ... a world of strength in your heart. I know you do. You just have to find it again. Believe in yourself."

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

Dipstick (17-10-18),TimeTravellingBunny (17-05-18)

Thanks

Regarding the Jasmine stuff, there is this thread: http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...use-of-Jasmine

Day 4: An Episode of AtS That Is Sad

* I'd rate Destiny (A 5.08) over "Shells" (A 5.16) for sadness. Illyria's army is dead. She can't conquer the world. How many viewers felt bad for Glorificus?

"Destiny" shows Angel wanted to be BFFs with William and William within minutes wanted the same. It shows Angel prioritized William above Darla and Drusilla. Then William essentially tells Angel that Drusilla is more important to William than Angel is. Then Angel has sex with Dru again. Then Spike-Angel become 'frenemies' thereafter.

Since becoming vampires, Spike and Angel are the one true male friend each has had. Out of the probably 10s of billions of humanoid females alive from 1880 C.E. to 201? C.E., somehow the 2 loves of Spike's life are the exact same as the 2 loves of Angel's life. Cursed Angel in 1900 C.E. is relatively happy until he sees Spike/Drusilla and Dru tells him that Spike's killed a Slayer. Darla breaks up with Angel. Spike/Dru leave before that. Angel is essentially alone for 98 years. He's literally only had 3 moments of perfect happiness in over 110? years and 2 of those were forced on him.

Angel wasn't even able to be happy long in Twilight given Buffy quickly reminds Angel of Buffy/Spike and once out of Twilight shoos Angel away in favor of Buffy/Spike.

The whole thing is sad for Angel. I'm less sad for Spike because Angel's tutelage likely benefited Spike and Drusilla goes back to Angel and Darla largely because Spike sired his mother. And Spike-Angel had over 18 years of good friendship.
    Last edited by MikeB; 17-05-18 at 11:51 AM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

bespangled (18-05-18)

Thanks

Day 4 - An episode that makes you sad You're Welcome is so sad, because it's promising something that it takes away. I so wanted Cordelia back, she's one of my favourite characters in the whole verse, and they killed her. It's also doubly sad because all the female characters on this show were pretty much sacrificed to further a male characters story, and S5 had so few good female roles.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

bespangled (18-05-18),TimeTravellingBunny (17-05-18)

Bronze Party-Goer Fool for Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

Day 4: A Hole in the World makes me sadder than any episode on either show except The Body. I loved Fred, and she was my biggest reason for watching the show. I had also been waiting 3 years for Wesley and Fred.
    Hello cutie

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fool for Buffy For This Useful Post:

bespangled (18-05-18),SpuffyGlitz (17-05-18)

Thanks

Day 5 - Best monster - I suppose it would have to be Jasmin because theoretically she engineered everything anyway. What it comes down to is that there are any good seasonal villains.

Thanks

Day 5: Best Monster of AtS

* The one true answer is Angel. Somehow Darla fell for Liam. Angel/Darla were together for around 150? years and had fun during that time. Angel 'created' Drusilla, who then sired Spike, who then goes on to do unique things (Slayer/soulless vampire, passing Trials to get ensouled, closes the Hellmouth, etc.). Angel's machinations results in all the members of the Circle of the Black Thorn being killed.

Angel somehow becomes so important to Wolfram & Hart that they base their apocalypse around his deciding whether to be good or evil. Angel is so important to Wolfram & Hart that WR&H prioritizes Angel over all of WR&H's employees combined. Angel becomes CEO of WR&H's flagship branch.

Season 8, which Angel isn't punished for.

Heck, the Magical Snow happens for Angel less than a year after he becomes Uncursed Angel. Buffy sends the Gem of Amarra to him (although I consider she knew Spike would follow the Gem to Los Angeles).

Spike is the best monster of BtVS and Angel is the best monster of AtS.

* Jasmine could be easily killed by her own son, killed fewer humans than likely Harmony Kendall has, essentially formed the Fang Gang--who largely help defeat her--, and apparently so was unimportant that Buffy and Co. didn't bother being concerned regarding what was happening in Los Angeles. Drusilla, Spike, Angel, Adam, Glory, the First Evil, AngelTwilight, and Twilight are all better monsters than Jasmine.

Illyria is a be better monster than Jasmine.

Thanks

Day 5 - Best Monster The one I remember the best is The Beast (I really need to rewatch this show) but he was a lackey for Jasmine wasn't he? So I guess it has to be Jasmine.