Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 30 Days of Angel

Thanks
    Thanked 8,726 Times in 3,631 Posts

Day 5 As I'm deliberately not counting Angel as an option, I think I'll go for Illyria. Her emotionally devoid behaviour towards everyone as they are reeling from Fred's death and trying to stop her is great. She's an interesting character and when she finds she is trapped in her 'shell' her exploration of human emotions and interactions is a fascinating response. She's just a great character. The only thing against her I think is that the most direct damage she did was in killing Fred and that was in great part executed by Knox, even if Illyria was the weapon.

Holland Manners also came to mind, but I'm sticking with Illyria.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Fool for Buffy (18-05-18)

Bronze Party-Goer Fool for Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

Day 5: Does Illyria count? She was pretty spectacular. If not, I'd like to cheat and say the senior partners, just because they are pure evil and monster and created so much of the show's dark side.
    Hello cutie

Thanks
    Thanked 1,282 Times in 585 Posts

Day 3 - An episode that made you laugh/happy - Spin the Bottle was incredibly funny!

Day 4 - An episode that makes you sad Hero! I remember crying so hard when Angel and Cordelia were watching the tape with Doyle.

Day 5 - Best Monster Does Lilah count? She's my favorite evil in the series.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Thanks
    Thanked 3,812 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    Day 3 - An episode that made you laugh/happy - Spin the Bottle was incredibly funny!

Day 4 - An episode that makes you sad Hero! I remember crying so hard when Angel and Cordelia were watching the tape with Doyle.

Day 5 - Best Monster Does Lilah count? She's my favorite evil in the series.
    How did I forget about Hero? Can I change my answer, or add to it?

I really don't know how to answer the Best Monster one, since I don't know what "Monster" is supposed to mean. Is it the narrow or wider definition? Does Darla count? If so, then Darla.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Stoney (Yesterday)

Thanks

Day 6 Worst Monster - the doctor from I Fall to Pieces Pointless, oddly funny, and disturbing. Di d anyone else wonder where his manly bits stayed?
    Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape. - Terry Pratchett

Thanks
    Thanked 8,726 Times in 3,631 Posts

Day 6 Yes, I'll go with the guy in I Fall to Pieces. Creepy but also ridiculous.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,288 Posts

Day 6 Worst Monster Agree with everyone who's said I Fall To Peices, just stupid

Thanks

Day 6: Worst Monster of AtS

Of the 'major' ones, Wesley in AtS S3. Angel can revert to Angelus. Wesley did a lot of research. Angel does kill Connor. Connor is the son of Angel and evil Darla. Holtz didn't want to kill Connor and Connor would certainly live a better life with Holtz than with Angel (when he'd mostly be a very vulnerable target for Angel's multitude of enemies).

Angel tries to kill Wesley. Angel's eviler here than The Mayor is in "Graduation Day Part II" (B 3.22) when the Mayor tries to kill Buffy.

Gunn and Fred side with Angel because Angel is their boss and source of their Angeleno lifestyles. They both actually like Wes more by this time yet stay more loyal to their income.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,812 Times in 1,729 Posts

Day 6: Worst Monster - Easy. The Beast. I don't care if any episodic monsters that I have forgotten about may have been cheesy, the Beast was just boring and stupid and the worst major villain. The stalker dude from I Fall to Pieces was much better - he was genuinely creepy, and he actually represented something from real life that is genuinely scary and that many women have to deal with. The Beast was just blah - what metaphor was that supposed to be? None. It's like something from a bad B horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Day 6 Worst Monster - the doctor from I Fall to Pieces Pointless, oddly funny, and disturbing. Di d anyone else wonder where his manly bits stayed?
    If AtS had been on HBO, he probably would have used his penis rather than his hands to sexually assault the woman while she was sleeping.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Stoney (Yesterday)

Bronze Party-Goer Fool for Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

Day 6: The I Fall to Pieces dude was definitely weird. If we're talking major monsters I'd say Holtz.
    Hello cutie