Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 Days of Buffy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 645 Posts

Day 16: Seeing Red. I know, that it is difficult watching it, but I believe it to be a brilliant, fantastic, outstanding piece of tv-show filming.

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (17-05-18),Stoney (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,843 Posts

Day 16 - Episode you like that everyone else hates Well, I don't think there's any episode that I like that everyone or the majority of people hate, but yeah, Seeing Red is controversial and hated by quite a few people because of the things that happen in it, but it is a brilliant episode.
    I also find Beauty and the Beasts to be very underrated.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Stoney (16-05-18)

Bronze Party-Goer Fool for Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

Day 16: Bad Eggs isn’t that bad, I think they vampire cowboys are kinda funny, and I love the ending because of the way Buffy looks after she comes out of the ummm... female part monster.
    Hello cutie

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fool for Buffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-05-18),Sosa lola (16-05-18)

Scooby Gang
    Thanks

Day 16 I love The Pack, it's one of my favorite episodes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

Stoney (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 392 Posts

Day 17 - Character you relate to the most - Rupert Giles. I worked in libraries, been a Montessori teacher, and spent a fair amount of life taking in teens who need an adult. We are also close in age, though he's a touch older than I am.
    It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done Terry Pratchett

Thanks

Day 17 - Character you relate to the most - Buffy Summers. Although I'm not a vampire slayer, as far as I'm aware.

BTW, the image from the first post has disappeared. We need a list.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,432 Times in 3,930 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    BTW, the image from the first post has disappeared. We need a list.
    This has happened before for some people, but I can still see it. I have added this list of questions to my first post, which is the third one in the thread as that will be easier to scroll down to at any future point than find this post in the middle of the thread. But here is the list also...

1. Favourite season?
    2. Favourite episode?
    3. Favourite song used in an episode?
    4. Favourite female character?
    5. Least favourite female character?
    6. Favourite male character?
    7. Least favourite male character?
    8. Favourite friendship?
    9. Favourite romance?
    10. Least favourite season?
    11. Least favourite romance?
    12. Least favourite episode?
    13. Favourite potential slayer?
    14. Favourite female villain?
    15. Favourite male villain?
    16. Episode you like that everyone else hates?
    17. Character you relate to the most?
    18. Character who didn't get enough screen time?
    19. Character you like that everyone else hates?
    20. Best Spike-centric episode?
    21. Best Willow-centric episode?
    22. Best Xander-centric episode?
    23. Two characters you wanted together that never did?
    24. Favourite episode of Season I?
    25. Favourite quote?
    26. Favourite dream scene?
    27. Favourite vampire?
    28. Most upsetting death?
    29. Favourite season final?
    30. What makes Buffy great?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (17-05-18),TriBel (17-05-18)

Thanks

Thanks for that.

I wonder if we should first decide which episodes we consider to be Willow-centric, Xander-centric or Spike-centric? Apart from the very few that are obvious, like The Zeppo or Fool for Love.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,432 Times in 3,930 Posts

Day 17 There isn't a straight forward answer to this for me although I'm sure at times I'd probably try to pick just one. There are aspects of what Buffy has gone through that resonate with me especially, but also William/Spike as well. I'd say I have some traits that are very like Spike, but also Giles and there's a bit of Willow in me at times. I think I can be a bit 'Angel' as well if I'm honest. I'm not going to be specific about what aspects, but these are they.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    I wonder if we should first decide which episodes we consider to be Willow-centric, Xander-centric or Spike-centric? Apart from the very few that are obvious, like The Zeppo or Fool for Love.
    We could, but isn't there a chance that someone might pick one that is a bit unusual if we don't specify??

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Sosa lola (17-05-18),TimeTravellingBunny (17-05-18)

Thanks

Day 17: Character in BtVS you relate to the most?

I don't relate to any single character: I'm probably a combination of Buffy, Giles, Anya, Spike, and Angel.

If I had to choose one character... Buffy?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

Sosa lola (17-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,752 Times in 1,883 Posts

Day 17 - character you relate to most All of them at some point, but mostly Xander I think
    Never much cared for picket fences, anyway. Bloody dangerous.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Sosa lola (17-05-18),Stoney (17-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 744 Posts

Day 17: Character in BtVS you relate to the most? Later seasons Xander and early seasons Willow. When I was in high school, I was literally Willow. Shy, bookworm, fanfic writer and had my own Cordelia. As I grew older, I started to relate to Xander of the later seasons more. I feel more accomplished and valued at work than with my family and I'm a good listener and good at making others feel good about themselves.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Thanks
    Thanked 6,635 Times in 2,043 Posts

Day 16 - Episode you like that everyone else hates Oh I have a bunch! I will never understood why people hate Ted as it's one of my favourite episodes to rewatch. I also think a lot of the MotW episodes such as Inca Mummy Girl, Reptile Boy and Bad Eggs are all perfectly enjoyable and get an unfair reputation. But I'd probably say that Where the Wild Things Are is the one episode that I really enjoy that a lot of people seem to hate. It has so many great scenes.

Day 17: Character in BtVS you relate to the most? Buffy. I can relate to her on so many levels from her 'coming out' scene in Becoming ("Do you think I chose to be like this? Do you have any idea how lonely it is? How dangerous!?") to her depression in Season 6 ("I don't know. I just, I feel like I'm spending all of my time trying to be okay, so they don't worry. It's exhausting") and I definitely relate to the conflict she has about loving and cherishing her friends but also feeling disconnected from them as well. I've also always kind of related to how she straddled the line between Cordelia/being a Scooby in terms of her interests/her past etc.
    "You've got ... a world of strength in your heart. I know you do. You just have to find it again. Believe in yourself."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

Sosa lola (17-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 645 Posts

Day 17: I can`t name Buffy, because her strength and her warrior attitude is something, that I might find awesome, but has very little to do with who or what I am. I admire her for it, but it isn`t me.

But I can really relate to Tara. She is shy and insecure but at the same time she can stand her ground if it really matters to her.

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18),SpuffyGlitz (17-05-18),Stoney (17-05-18)

Bronze Party-Goer Fool for Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

Day 17: I am Xander. In the good and the bad ways.
    Hello cutie

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fool for Buffy For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18),Priceless (17-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 517 Posts

day 17 I relate to different things in different characters. I think it's changing over the years too. Some how I seem to have grown up over the 20 years.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18),TriBel (19-05-18)

Scooby Gang
    Thanks

Day 17 Willow. It's the whole getting better at stuff angle that I relate to.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18)

Thanks

Late to the party here:

Favourite season - S6 to S7, followed closely by S2 and S5 jointly. Whilst S3 was wonderfully consistent in terms of episodes and overall storytelling, I felt the lack of Spike. S4 to me was uneven. S1 I don't remember too clearly. I'll have to revert to it before the next round of reviews, however, as it all needs placing in context.

Favourite episode - tricky one. For dramatic impact I don't think many surpass some of the S2 episodes. But because of my personal preferences I'd have to go with FFL, Crush, Dead Things, Seeing Red (yes, sorry, but I think it's fantastic and it has one of my all time fave scenes, Clem and Spike), BY and LMPTM. Please don't ask me to pick. Also Chosen.
    You know what I am. You've always known. You come to me all the same.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debbicles For This Useful Post:

Cheese Slices (18-05-18),Priceless (18-05-18),SpuffyGlitz (18-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,752 Times in 1,883 Posts

Day 18 - character who didn't get enough screen time Maybe Darla, who was so subservient to The Master and then was killed too soon. She could have been a BB all on her own. I would have loved Gwendolyn Post to have a three episode arc. More Ethan Rayne, Harmony, Clem . . . so many characters I would have liked to see more of, but if I'm being honest, it's Spike. I'd have loved even more Spike, especially in S3, but throughout the whole show
    Never much cared for picket fences, anyway. Bloody dangerous.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18),Fool for Buffy (18-05-18),TimeTravellingBunny (18-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 744 Posts

Day 18 - character who didn't get enough screen time Xander, Willow, Giles and Dawn in S7. I understand that NB was having problems during S7, but I would have preferred instead of wasting a whole episode on Xander dating a demon again (First Date) that it was used to further develop Xander's character to more interesting directions. I would have liked to see more focus on those characters after Empty Places. More focus on Giles' mental state after the council's explosion and how he felt about losing all those people he knew and worked with.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18),TimeTravellingBunny (18-05-18)