Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have anothr fandom name?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 544 Posts

Default Do you have anothr fandom name?

I was spikesjojo for a long time - and I really began to dislike that name. It's my name on LJ and DW, but I do prefer Bespangeled. It's always interesting to find out I've ben talking to someone I've actually known for a long time.
    Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments...The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

betta (16-04-18),Double Dutchess (15-04-18),Ebdim9th (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 682 Posts

I am only GoSpuffy. I often wish I had the mental prowess to pick a totally cool name like tiny tabby or kitten poker. Something tied to the show.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

bespangled (15-04-18),Ebdim9th (15-04-18)

Thanks

If you did you would either have to change your accounts or have to announce it like me. Because I like old friends like you to know we know each other - and I like knowing if someone I am talking to is someone else I know in fandom.
    Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments...The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 682 Posts

I'm too lazy to change my name. I'll be GoSpuffy forever lol

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

bespangled (15-04-18),betta (16-04-18),Double Dutchess (15-04-18),Ebdim9th (15-04-18),Priceless (15-04-18)

Library Researcher Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm Double Dutchess wherever I go in Buffy fandom.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

bespangled (16-04-18),betta (16-04-18),Ebdim9th (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,098 Times in 2,940 Posts

On other social media I have another name, but I like to keep it quiet so people don't know it's actually Priceless. Within the fandom I use both names but for different sites

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

bespangled (16-04-18),betta (16-04-18),Double Dutchess (16-04-18),Ebdim9th (15-04-18),Silver1 (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,183 Times in 843 Posts

gite63; Betta here because of my love for Betta George, The Fish.
    My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

bespangled (16-04-18),Double Dutchess (16-04-18),Ebdim9th (15-04-18),Priceless (15-04-18),Silver1 (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,048 Posts

In the Buffverse fandom I am always flow. I don‘ t use social media. I am a member of forums, that have nothing to do with Buffy and I use a different name there.

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

bespangled (16-04-18),betta (16-04-18),Ebdim9th (15-04-18),Silver1 (15-04-18)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

I'm Ebdim9th wherever I go, MySpace when it was relevant, Dead Like Me Online when it was there, the BSG boards on Sci Fi back when it's name still made sense ( swhy fwhy these days), the Stephen King Message Board, I've recently started using Noetic Effect on other music-related forums but I had thought up that name as a possible for a band long before I got on the internet, a late arrival in June or July of 2003. I was on Live Journal, my account is still there, but apparently if you leave it inactive for long enough, someone else can take your posting name, which they did. So there are two Ebdim9ths on Live Journal now ... bespangled DW isn't ringing a bell at the moment as a social platform? I thought I'd finally go ahead and try Twitter after all this time since Facebook is getting so nosy only to find out someone had stolen my posting name there, too. If they came up with it first, then why weren't they on any of these major sites, fansites, and forums before me? I've been using this name 'forever'/since 2003, its on my emails, I'm not about to change it now. Unless Joss suddenly swung in on a rope ladder from a helicopter and said, 'stop using it', which I would be perfectly fine with. It would serve the other guy right to have to drop his, too....

*sits down to eat his cheeze and whine*

I do hate that Joss's blog site Whedonesque is closed now, at least it's archived ....
    Last edited by Ebdim9th; 15-04-18 at 05:52 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebdim9th For This Useful Post:

betta (16-04-18),Silver1 (16-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,417 Times in 2,066 Posts

TimeTravellingBunny came from the Lost season 4 finale, back in 2008 I think, and I\m using it as my username on a bunch of forums, including Tumblr. Before that, I was FrakkinToasterLuvva (Battlestar Galactica related name), which is still my username on Youtube/Google. On Trek BBS, I was DevilEyes (a reference to the song Uhura sings about Spock in a Star Trek TOS episode).
    Even before all that, I joined Livejournal (hey, remember that one?) as Boot the Grime - which sounds very weird unless you know the lyrics to the Smiths song "Sheila Take a Bow".
    Even before that, I was Catwoman on a bunch of different sites - my Yahoo username was derived from that (that was my first nick when I started using Internet).

I don't think I've had any Buffy-related usernames - I haven't come up with a good one.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

bespangled (16-04-18),betta (16-04-18),Ebdim9th (15-04-18),Silver1 (16-04-18)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Greetings Time TravellingBunny! I can see the '8'! Yes, and BSG, too! I still have a profile gathering weeds and dustbunnies on LJ .....

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebdim9th For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (16-04-18),TimeTravellingBunny (15-04-18)

Thanks

@Ebdim9th - DW is Dreamwidth which is where a fair portion of Buffy fans migrated before and after Russia bought Live Journal.

Thank you, y'all. An official nice to meet you!

Hey, Betta -

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

betta (16-04-18),Ebdim9th (17-04-18)

Library Researcher Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    On other social media I have another name, but I like to keep it quiet so people don't know it's actually Priceless. Within the fandom I use both names but for different sites
    Oooh, intriguing!

Quote Originally Posted by betta View Post
    gite63; Betta here because of my love for Betta George, The Fish.
    Betta George is the best. I adore that fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebdim9th View Post
    So there are two Ebdim9ths on Live Journal now ... [...] I thought I'd finally go ahead and try Twitter after all this time since Facebook is getting so nosy only to find out someone had stolen my posting name there, too. If they came up with it first, then why weren't they on any of these major sites, fansites, and forums before me?
    Now that's just rude! Your user name is so specific, it can hardly be a coincidence. It probably won't be much comfort to you, but it has happened to me too. Apparently some American singer called Fergie stole my name for her latest album! But, to be honest, I was not the first to think of the name myself. Not long after I had started using it, I found out that it was already being used by someone else (fortunately not in the Buffy fandom); I just had never thought to check. So who knows, maybe in your case it *was* an accident after all.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

betta (16-04-18),Ebdim9th (17-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Hey, Betta -
    Hi Bespangeled!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

bespangled (16-04-18),Ebdim9th (17-04-18)

Thanks

I'm deepbluejoy everywhere in fanfic and fandoms, and a few other places as well.

Just remembered: when I first joined twisting the hellmouth i posted my original stories under the name BlueBoo. I hated it, and as soon as I created DeepBlueJoy, that is who I have been ever since.

Feel free to Google me, if you want to read my stories.

Nearly all are on Twisting the Hellmouth. My secondary posting location for stories is AO3, though there are stories in other places, everything recent I have published is there as well as any other location.
    Last edited by DeepBlueJoy; 17-04-18 at 07:00 PM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeepBlueJoy For This Useful Post:

bespangled (17-04-18),Double Dutchess (18-04-18),Ebdim9th (17-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,149 Times in 1,312 Posts

I was spikesjojo for a long time - and I really began to dislike that name. It's my name on LJ and DW, but I do prefer Bespangeled. It's always interesting to find out I've ben talking to someone I've actually known for a long time.
    Okay - out of curiosity (and a little bit of politeness), bespangled or bespangeled?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (17-04-18)

Thanks

Ideally Bespangeled - but it was not a good spelling day when I signed up...

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (18-04-18),Ebdim9th (17-04-18),TriBel (17-04-18)

Thanks

Can't you ask the mods for a change?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (17-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,149 Times in 1,312 Posts

I prefer bespangled: bespangeled's an assault on the ears and on the English language! I can't even pronounce it!

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    Oooh, intriguing!

Betta George is the best. I adore that fish.

Now that's just rude! Your user name is so specific, it can hardly be a coincidence. It probably won't be much comfort to you, but it has happened to me too. Apparently some American singer called Fergie stole my name for her latest album! But, to be honest, I was not the first to think of the name myself. Not long after I had started using it, I found out that it was already being used by someone else (fortunately not in the Buffy fandom); I just had never thought to check. So who knows, maybe in your case it *was* an accident after all.
    I think, when all the debates got hot on the Fuselage about the fate and future LOST back in '08, I think I pizzed somebody off and they went over to the only place I wasn't and took my posting name. That G-Major guy on the Linear Fuselage board would be my first guess....

Lol, so who's Betta George the fish?

Greetings DeepBlueJoy and Betta!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebdim9th For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (18-04-18)