Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings you all everybody, Oz's existential man's chord has finally arrived!

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Default Greetings you all everybody, Oz's existential man's chord has finally arrived!

I've been around at RenewAngel/The Chatty Rooms, The Bronze Beta, Whedonesque, and the Fuselage for LOST, but for some reason I just got here ... glad to see y'all still so active! Another reason I decided to join! So, Once More With Feeling, let's get Dingoes Ate My Baby cranked up, let the wolves howl, and I'll try not to make too much off-putting noise....

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ebdim9th For This Useful Post:

American Aurora (14-04-18),betta (14-04-18),Fool for Buffy (18-04-18),GoSpuffy (13-04-18),Priceless (13-04-18),Silver1 (13-04-18),Stoney (14-04-18),TimeTravellingBunny (16-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 581 Posts

Turn up the tunes, I'll dance with you Eb.

All we've ever done is dance......

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (14-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,762 Times in 1,148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    Turn up the tunes, I'll dance with you Eb.

All we've ever done is dance......
    FGS GoSpuffy! Give him chance to get through the door!

Welcome to the Forum Eb. As you can see we're all very active (some more so than others!).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (14-04-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 724 Posts

Welcome to the board. I do hope you'll enjoy posting here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (14-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,470 Posts

Hi and welcome! I hope you have fun here Everyone is quiet friendly, in fact some can be downright feisty, eh GoSpuffy

Feel free to tell us about yourself; favourite character, season, ship, episode . . . any weird beliefs about the show that no-one else seems to share?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (14-04-18),Silver1 (14-04-18)

Library Researcher Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello, welcome! I'm also new here.

Don't let my join date fool you; I actually just made my first post yesterday. Or I tried to, anyway. Just curious: did you manage to start this thread and get it posted right away? Or did it require approval like mine?

In any case, welcome again, and don't worry about making too much noise

ETA: another nosy question -- what's the story behind your user name? It looks so unusual!
    Last edited by Double Dutchess; 14-04-18 at 01:23 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

American Aurora (14-04-18),betta (14-04-18),Ebdim9th (14-04-18),Silver1 (14-04-18),TimeTravellingBunny (16-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 465 Posts

Welcome, Double Dutchess and Ebdim9th!

I hope you enjoy the Buffy Forum!

Lots to see and discuss here from Whedon works to comic seasons!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to American Aurora For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (15-04-18),Ebdim9th (14-04-18),Silver1 (14-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American Aurora View Post
    Welcome, Double Dutchess and Ebdim9th!
    Thank you Aurora!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (14-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 455 Posts

Welcome Double Dutchess and Ebdim9th! I hope you like this place. I never got permission to post either, so I just actually signed on a few months ago. It's pretty wonderful to have a relaxed place like this. Bring you B-verse crazies, and any others that you want to share!
    A screaming vampire is always the center of attention.― Terry Pratchett, The Truth

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (15-04-18),Ebdim9th (14-04-18),Silver1 (14-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,298 Times in 4,235 Posts

Welcome Ebdim9th!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (14-04-18)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

This is the kind of response I was hoping for! I've really cooled off of Facebook since I found out about those bots that read everybody's private messages, ..... hey GoSpuffy, how about the Charleston? Or ballroom dancing? Thank you for the open-door welcome TriBel! And this board is jammin' looks like... Hiya Silver1 ! Thank you for the welcome, too! Halloo Priceless! I keep waiting for Angel and Spike to finally break down and agree for a time-share with Buffy.
    Spoiler:
    Didn't' she have a dream about that in the comic seasons? So, she's probably ok with that. Shame about her, Dawn, and Xander. That really does happen, a girl who's been friends only with a guy forever (and vice versa) goes "oh crap!" and finds out they're too late, in this case Dawn beat her to the punch by a mile, or a thousand .....
    Double Duchess, hmmm, odd about the approval, this was my first post, putting up the thread .... but, then, welcome aboardie to us both, as we used to say on the Angel and Buffy Spoiler Boards .... My name comes from "What's My Line" where Willow asks in frustration if Oz has any ambitions at all, as he's admitted he tests well, but he's not so much interested in the working part of things, he tells her E flat diminished 9th, the ninth's doable but that double flat, you could lose a finger that way, it's a man's chord. That's me para-phrasing, that's not the exact dialogue. The thing is, is the chord is theoretical, some say as soon as you try to play it, it turns into some kind of F chord, I forget which, so it may not really exist. So Oz is basically saying leave me to my noble quest to find this mystery chord, making it sound like he's working really hard, only he's not really doing anything because the chord's probably not even really there. LOL Hey there American Aurora! Yep, I dig me the comics! Joss makes sure they're as well-written as they possibly can be as continuations of Buffy and Angel ..... Hello hello to you bespangled! Maybe there was some kind of coding-updates on the website that changed the posting allowances? Thank you thank you Stoney! I still wanna see how it ends too!
    Last edited by Ebdim9th; 14-04-18 at 02:51 PM.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ebdim9th For This Useful Post:

betta (17-04-18),Double Dutchess (15-04-18),GoSpuffy (14-04-18),Priceless (14-04-18),Silver1 (14-04-18),Stoney (14-04-18),TimeTravellingBunny (16-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,470 Posts

Great post Ebdim9th, cant wait to read your thoughts on all the threads

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (15-04-18),Silver1 (14-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,019 Times in 829 Posts

Darn, I missed your post and therefore did not leave a welcome message for you ! But better late than never ;-)

Welcome to the board, ebdim9th. Great nick, by the way !

I am quite a newbie here myself. I have been a member on this board for only four months, but it feels like home. I hope to see you around a lot !

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (15-04-18),Silver1 (14-04-18),Stoney (14-04-18)

Bronze Party-Goer HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Hola. Don't feel bad. Took weeks for me to get approved.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

bespangled (15-04-18),Double Dutchess (15-04-18),Ebdim9th (15-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ebdim9th View Post
    Double Duchess, hmmm, odd about the approval, this was my first post, putting up the thread .... but, then, welcome aboardie to us both, as we used to say on the Angel and Buffy Spoiler Boards .... My name comes from "What's My Line" where Willow asks in frustration if Oz has any ambitions at all, as he's admitted he tests well, but he's not so much interested in the working part of things, he tells her E flat diminished 9th, the ninth's doable but that double flat, you could lose a finger that way, it's a man's chord. That's me para-phrasing, that's not the exact dialogue. The thing is, is the chord is theoretical, some say as soon as you try to play it, it turns into some kind of F chord, I forget which, so it may not really exist. So Oz is basically saying leave me to my noble quest to find this mystery chord, making it sound like he's working really hard, only he's not really doing anything because the chord's probably not even really there.
    Hey Ebdim9th, thanks for the welcome! Sounds like you were luckier than me with your first post. Maybe I accidentally used some bad words that made mine be mistaken for spam. And thanks a lot for the explanation of your user name, that was really interesting. I know nothing about music chords, so that line from Oz always went straight over my head. I've learned something now, thanks again!

I keep waiting for Angel and Spike to finally break down and agree for a time-share with Buffy.
    Hmm, if you like that idea, maybe you'll enjoy this vid I made a couple of years ago. (Apologies for the shameless pimping of my own stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Welcome Double Dutchess and Ebdim9th!
    Thank you! I already feel at home here.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (15-04-18)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

I left a post, but while I was writing it, the site logged me out, I didn't know it to copy and paste so when I posted, it disappeared ...I shall have to learn to use the restore auto-saved content button shan't I? Priceless and flow y'all sound like a performance art team Thanks again for greetings .... let the hootenanny begin!

HowiMetdaSlayer maybe it was a 'live add' by a moderator who just happened to be here at the time, in my case ..... Hola mi amiga!

Double Duchess I loved Oz, hated to see him go, glad he could pop back in during season four, even if it was to nearly devour Tara in a fit of werewolfian jealous rage .... navel-staring contemplative stoner rock is perfect for the pursuing of possibly/arguably non-existent chords....

Some great fan vids out there, I shall check out yours!

ETA LOL and sure enough you had an image from the comic series of Buffy and her dream of Angel and Spike! (For those of you who don't know, you'll just have to go read the comics and get all the juicy details)

And arrgghhh! The site keeps logging me out! Is it a ten minute inactivity limit?
    Last edited by Ebdim9th; 15-04-18 at 02:57 PM.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebdim9th For This Useful Post:

betta (17-04-18),Double Dutchess (15-04-18),flow (15-04-18),Priceless (15-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,298 Times in 4,235 Posts

I don't get logged out at all so I suspect there might be a box to tick when you log in to say 'keep me logged in' or some such??

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (15-04-18),Ebdim9th (17-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,762 Times in 1,148 Posts

And arrgghhh! The site keeps logging me out! Is it a ten minute inactivity limit?
    I can arrgghhh! and sigh with the best but not for this reason. There's probably a "keep me logged in button". Sigh...the site has friendly users but it's not always as user friendly as it could be.

I shall have to learn to use the restore auto-saved content button shan't I?
    I'm long-winded. I'm also easily distracted and tend to leap between posts - this means I frequently lose things. Sometimes you have to hit the restore button several times. If that doesn't work there's these emoticons: They don't restore your writing but they do make you feel better. If it's a long post I write in word then cut/paste.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

betta (17-04-18),Double Dutchess (15-04-18),Ebdim9th (17-04-18),Priceless (15-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ebdim9th View Post
    LOL and sure enough you had an image from the comic series of Buffy and her dream of Angel and Spike!
    Well, almost! Actually the image is not from Buffy's dream (though she DID have such a dream), but from Harmony's fantasy in S10.

The automatic logging out keeps happening to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    There's probably a "keep me logged in button".
    I think you need to tick the "Remember me" box that is right below where you log in.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (17-04-18)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I don't get logged out at all so I suspect there might be a box to tick when you log in to say 'keep me logged in' or some such??
    I know what you're talking about, giving it a try...

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    I can arrgghhh! and sigh with the best but not for this reason. There's probably a "keep me logged in button". Sigh...the site has friendly users but it's not always as user friendly as it could be.

I'm long-winded. I'm also easily distracted and tend to leap between posts - this means I frequently lose things. Sometimes you have to hit the restore button several times. If that doesn't work there's these emoticons: They don't restore your writing but they do make you feel better. If it's a long post I write in word then cut/paste.
    I keep forgetting the differences between a regular reply and a quick reply. You can't quote more than one person at a time on quick reply unless you cut and paste each time on down to the bottom reply window.... And I do cut or copy what I'm doing here, refresh, log back in, and then paste, it keeps the quotes and everything ......

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    Well, almost! Actually the image is not from Buffy's dream (though she DID have such a dream), but from Harmony's fantasy in S10.

The automatic logging out keeps happening to me too.

I think you need to tick the "Remember me" box that is right below where you log in.
    Lol I missed Harmony's dream!! And I'm giving checking that 'remember me' box a go .....
    Last edited by Ebdim9th; 17-04-18 at 11:23 PM.