Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings you all everybody, Oz's existential man's chord has finally arrived!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 843 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebdim9th View Post
    I left a post, but while I was writing it, the site logged me out, I didn't know it to copy and paste so when I posted, it disappeared ...I shall have to learn to use the restore auto-saved content button shan't I?

And arrgghhh! The site keeps logging me out! Is it a ten minute inactivity limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I don't get logged out at all so I suspect there might be a box to tick when you log in to say 'keep me logged in' or some such??
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    Well, almost! Actually the image is not from Buffy's dream (though she DID have such a dream), but from Harmony's fantasy in S10.

The automatic logging out keeps happening to me too.

I think you need to tick the "Remember me" box that is right below where you log in.
    It frequently logs me out while I'm writing; then, when I hit the button "Submit Reply" or "Preview Post", I log in again - and nothing is lost! (I never tick the box "keep me logged in", anywhere.) I have no idea what I'm doing right, but while I'm typing, the post is automatically "saved'.
    My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

2. The Following User Says Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,120 Times in 4,540 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebdim9th View Post
    I keep forgetting the differences between a regular reply and a quick reply. You can't quote more than one person at a time on quick reply unless you cut and paste each time on down to the bottom reply window....
    Do you realise that by clicking the little speech bubble with quote marks in it (at the bottom right of each post) that it will insert all those you select that way into the reply box when you then click 'reply to thread' on the left under the last post of the page? (and it enters them in the order in which you selected them)
    Last edited by Stoney; 18-04-18 at 10:31 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (18-04-18),Ebdim9th (20-04-18)

Library Researcher Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Do you realise that by clicking the little speech bubble with quote marks in it (at the bottom right of each post) that it will insert all those you select that way into the reply box when you then click 'reply to thread' on the left under the last post of the page? (and it enters them in the order in which you selected them)
    Ooooh! Well *I* sure didn't know that! Like Ebdim9th, I have been doing copy & paste so far when quoting multiple people. Many thanks for this VERY useful remark; I can't wait to try it out

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18),Stoney (18-04-18)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

betta it's an auto-save feature but for some reason it doesn't always work for me....

Stoney that's slightly different than the Stephen King Message Board's quote all option, thanks, it slipped past me ....

Double Duchess me too! I just didn't do it this time, I'm very random that way.....

I tried restore auto-save, it only restored my first three sentences, good thing I copy-pasted as a back-up .....
    Last edited by Ebdim9th; 20-04-18 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,066 Posts

Hello, welcome! I'm also new here.

Don't let my join date fool you; I actually just made my first post yesterday. Or I tried to, anyway. Just curious: did you manage to start this thread and get it posted right away? Or did it require approval like mine?

In any case, welcome again, and don't worry about making too much noise

ETA: another nosy question -- what's the story behind your user name? It looks so unusual!
    Hi and welcome! Are you Double Duchess from SlayAlive?

Hi and welcome Ebdim9th!
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    Hi and welcome! Are you Double Duchess from SlayAlive?
    Thanks TTB! I do have any account at Slayalive, but I've never posted there (like here, until recently). But you do know me from BuffyTube, now sadly deceased.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-06-18)

Thanks

Thanks TTB! I do have any account at Slayalive, but I've never posted there (like here, until recently). But you do know me from BuffyTube, now sadly deceased.
    Oh yeah, I meant BuffyTube, not SlayAlive! I got my Buffy forums mixed. I haven't posted on either in a long time. I remember you used to post a lot on BuffyTube. Does that website still exist?
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-06-18)

Thanks

Does that website still exist?
    No, that's what I meant by "now sadly deceased". Cil pulled the plug recently because the site was just too dead; it was no longer worth the maintenance costs. Still it's a real pity that all the fan art and vids stored there are now lost.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-06-18),Stoney (28-04-18)

Thanks

No, that's what I meant by "now sadly deceased". Cil pulled the plug recently because the site was just too dead; it was no longer worth the maintenance costs. Still it's a real pity that all the fan art and vids stored there are now lost.
    Well, I assume that people still have them on their computers.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-06-18)

Thanks

Well, I assume that people still have them on their computers.
    I hope so, yes, but others won't be able to see them there. For example, many of the vids that used to be on there are not on YouTube.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-06-18),Silver1 (28-04-18)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Ooh, I missed a whole conversation about BuffyTube! Sorry I never got to see that! I miss the Chatty Rooms ... that is what was renewangel .org/ Caritas Forum .... Chasa closed it down in 2012, 2013?

Thanks

Well, BuffyTube was really user-unfriendly to navigate, but it had loads of art and vids that are now sadly gone. So many nice places that no longer exist!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Stoney (20-06-18)