Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Suggestions for the FanFiction discussion threads

Thanks
    Thanked 5,012 Times in 2,430 Posts

I`ve put it on the suggestion list. Do you want to go ahead with a new story every two weeks? We have got two more suggestions (Debriefing Dana with 18k words and Siren Song with 45k words) that would get us through September. Or would you rather have a break or a longer hiatus between fics? Is anyone else interested in reading Always Come Back to You by Baphrosia?
    I'm happy to keep reading whatever you suggest. I'll be reading fanfics anyway, even if the reading group goes on hiatus, so it makes no difference to me

Library Researcher Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Same here. (The reading is no problem, it's the discussing that's the bottleneck for me, time wise!)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,974 Times in 811 Posts

I have another suggestion to make: This Story has been on my to-read-list forever and I don`t find the time for it between our group readings so I`d like to add it to our group reading and kill two birds with one stone .

It`s is:

The Color of Devotion by Rikki_oko.

http://web.archive.org/web/200601151...otion.html#pro

It used to be on nocturnal light. As this site got closed down last year, it is now only available via wayback machine. If any of you has a link to a still working fanfiction site with this fic, please let us know.

It is a Post-Chosen fic. I don`t have a word count for it but it has got 22 chapters.

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (26-08-18),Silver1 (26-08-18),SpuffyGlitz (14-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,201 Times in 4,201 Posts

I'll definitely try and join for Debriefing Dana but I'm not interested in Siren Song. I have read Always Come Back to You before and wouldn't choose to read that again. The Colour of Devotion is one I've recommended before (I really like rikki_oko and wish they'd written more), and I would join if possible for this one, but I might struggle for time (it's about 64k going by my saved copy) and you all know how slooooow I am.

Thanks

Hey all,

we`ve only got two more suggestion by now (Siren Song and The Color of Devotion). Please Name fics, you want to read or re-read and discuss.

I`ve noticed that some of you are reading the Turn and Face the Strain series by Quinara. Are you interested in reading and discussing it here ?

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (14-09-18)

Thanks

I`ve noticed that some of you are reading the Turn and Face the Strain series by Quinara. Are you interested in reading and discussing it here ?
    I have never read it, but would be happy to read and discuss

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (14-09-18)

Thanks

It really is excellent Pricey. I would happily reread it if I was free but I'm not sure others who have only just read it would feel the same.

Wasn't there a suggestion about reading a different sabershadow fic? There are plenty of Holly fics that we could dig back into or other writers that have been very prolific like slaymesoftly or buffymeetsspike. I had wondered about suggesting Blood of the Sire by buffymeetsspike (it has been a very long time since I read this). It's another S6 fic and would be an interesting comparison to the Turn and Face the Strain series perhaps. Although, also arguably better to have a bit of a break between two set at similar times.
    Last edited by Stoney; 14-09-18 at 09:09 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-09-18),SpuffyGlitz (14-09-18)

Thanks

I'm not even midway through Quinara's Turn and Face the Strain yet but have really liked it so far! ❤️
    I've also really enjoyed some of Slaymesoftly's fics in the recent past (I think I've read one series by her so far) that Rebcake introduced me too - that would be a great choice too! ❤️

LOL, I guess this is unhelpful.

- - - Updated - - -

@flow, I just read the opening of The Color of Devotion and am now very intrigued, it seems really good.
    I want the fire back. - Buffy Summers

Thanks

I've read an awful lot of slaymesoftly's stories and they are still writing, so we could always go for one of their newest stories. But I'd merrily reread a lot of the ones I've already read too. We could always take a complete gamble and all read a recently finished fic that we've no idea about, I liked it when we've did that in the past.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I've read an awful lot of slaymesoftly's stories and they are still writing, so we could always go for one of their newest stories. But I'd merrily reread a lot of the ones I've already read too. We could always take a complete gamble and all read a recently finished fic that we've no idea about, I liked it when we've did that in the past.
    I second that. We should just pick a recently finished fic and all read it. Maybe by an author we don't know, although that could be difficult because we've all read so much

Thanks

Here are our current suggestions:

Debriefing Dana by Hello_Spikey
    this one is already scheduled. It is set Post-Chosen and Post-Damage and has 18k words.

Siren Song by Morgana
    is a supernatural crossover and about 45k words long. It`s next on our list, but I could postpone it.

Color of Devotion by Rikki_Oko
    is a Post-Chosen fic and it has 64k words.

Turn and Face the Strain by Quinara
    is a season 6 series with three stories and about 130k words. I`d love to read this one, but I am not sure, how many of you are going to join me, because some have read it or are reading it. I could put this one up as the next fic after Debriefing Dana, if it helps.

More fics by writers we have already read:

sabershadowkat

I have gone through this writers EF stories and did not find any fics that inrigued me. Instead I found one, where Buffy horribly tortures Spike to death. I am traumatized....

Holly

Beloved in Blood
    a season 3 rewrite of Lovers Walk with 120k words

Echoes
    a season 2 time-travel fic with 116k words (I think she turned that one into an original novel at some point).

slaymesoftly

Are We just friends ?
    Season 5, 69k words

What if I loved You?
    Also season5, also 69k words

sunalso

Hunger
    AU Babyfic 148k words

Recent fics, which none of us have yet read:

There is a problem with that premise. There are many very interesting fics that have recently been published on EF, but they are all still WIPs, for example: Grave by Justsue, The Darkling by OffYourBird, Safe by Dusty, Hindsight by Toften and even a new one by niamh (!) called Stringing the Bow.

Older fics:

I`d be willing to reread Mortal Enemies by Laure Alexander, which has been recommended to me by Rebcake as the oldest Spuffy fic she knows about. It is from 11/98. If you know any early Spuffy fics (Pre-Something Blue or Pre-season 6, please let us know.

Two more rather recent fics I have on my to-read list:

Ties that bind by rainsrabble
    season4,season5, 112k words

Best Laid Plans by LavenderBixby
    Season4, 100k words

ETA: I‘d also be happy to re-read Super Food World by valerie x. Season 6, missing scene, Buffy and Spike shop groceries.

flow

I have gone t
    Last edited by flow; 15-09-18 at 02:06 PM.

Will you just hold me ?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (15-09-18),Priceless (15-09-18),SpuffyGlitz (15-09-18)

Thanks

Even though I don't have any extensive notes on it to remind me of details I'm going to risk suggesting A ghost of a chance by sabershadowkat. I don't know why the descriptions on the stories are so scant, but it doesn't help to sell them. It's under 30k.

I'd reread a lot of Holly's and I'll read Beloved if you do that one, but not Echoes. It was okay, but I didn't like it enough to reread such a large fic (yes, she did rework this into a published novel and took it down but has recently re-released it).

I wouldn't read slayme's What If I Loved You again, I didn't enjoy that one the first time. I would reread Are We Friends with the sequel Just a Summer Romance though (which I assume was what you meant for the other as the combination is around 69k).

I like the sound of the sunalso fic too and I haven't read that one.

I'd reread Mortal Enemies, Ties That Bind or Super Food World.

I don't know the Best Laid Plans one flow, but S4 has me interested.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the other S6 story I mentioned...

Blood of the Sire by BuffyMeetsSpike.
    This story takes place in Season 6, after As You Were. Spike kills a demon in a bar brawl, and his brother exacts revenge. Despite their rocky relationship, Buffy undertakes an arduous quest to save Spike’s life. Will Buffy, Spike, and their relationship survive the experience?
    BtVS Season 6
    Genre: Drama, Angst, Hurt/Comfort - Rating: R - Words: 68,961
    Last edited by Stoney; 15-09-18 at 03:52 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (15-09-18),Priceless (15-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,247 Times in 575 Posts

Blood of the sire sounds interesting but I'll join in on anything Chosen. Has anyone written an alternative S12 yet? Or that's just wishful thinking?

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

Thanks

Stoney
    Blood of the Sire by BuffyMeetsSpike.
    Darn, I completely missed, that you had suggested it before. I have actually read this a couple of weeks ago and thought it was "an okay-fic" but nothing to write home about. I`ll put it up on the list though and would still be happy to re-read it with you.

GoSpuffy There are no rewrites for season 12 on Elysian Fields so far, just one-shots. One of them is actually in French. The other two are by sandy_s. You can find them here:

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/sear...htype=advanced

flow

Will you just hold me ?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (15-09-18),Stoney (16-09-18)