Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Suggestions for the FanFiction discussion threads

Thanks
    Thanked 7,360 Times in 3,502 Posts

Yes I think we've agreed on three fics, but overall we all have very different tastes and find different things annoying. If we have to vote on which direction a fic takes, I imagine half of us will be continually disappointed

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Stoney (03-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,583 Times in 5,177 Posts

I thought it would be interesting to let us diverge and find out about the story path each other ends up reading.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (03-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,360 Times in 3,502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I thought it would be interesting to let us diverge and find out about the story path each other ends up reading.
    So not really reading it as a group? We could do both I guess, read it as a group and vote on everything, and read our own version separately and report back

Thanks

I was thinking we'd read as a group and see where/when we diverged, if we did, and then hear as each of us is going along what was happening in the alternate route and what other choices were being made. Possibly updating each other every five or so chapters. But I'm probably making it over complicated and I'll just go with whatever option makes sense to everyone when we get to it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (04-05-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,401 Times in 1,400 Posts

Maybe we should just start reading it and then see if we want to take the same paths or if we want to diverge. I haven`t yet made up my mind and I haven`t read this story or these kind of stories before therefore I don`t really know what to expect. But it`ll be months til we get there anyway

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks

I'd wait until we're all able to read it together. If we're not discussing the differences as we split off on tangents and all just read beforehand we'll just be posting about stories without 'seeing' where we diverged as well. I'm only just about to start Hunger and probably won't manage the Lilachigh fic with everyone else. If this one starts now as well there's no chance I'll be joining in. Hearing about the differences when you follow different paths I think is what's interesting about this fic, if we're all doing it at different times it won't be as clear what/why the splits happened I don't think. I suppose it really depends what we're wanting to achieve.