Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 421 to 431 of 431

Thread: Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations

  1. #421
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,547
    Thanks
    9,657
    Thanked 8,426 Times in 4,061 Posts

    Default

    Just finished chapter 1 and the split is a fake which is interesting. Twinkles has made Xander far more bearable, which is great.

  2. #422
    Slayer TriBel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    1,852
    Thanks
    4,861
    Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,166 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Just finished chapter 1 and the split is a fake which is interesting. Twinkles has made Xander far more bearable, which is great.
    She's also given the Sorcerer a name - Kamik, which, with the right accent, sounds a lot like Comic* to me. Unfortunately, her dedication "For everyone let down by S12, and everyone who avoided it" precludes people like me who had a ritual burning of the whole bloody thing.

    *Humph...told you so.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

    GoSpuffy (30-08-19),Priceless (30-08-19)

  4. #423
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,547
    Thanks
    9,657
    Thanked 8,426 Times in 4,061 Posts

    Default

    It's an episode re-write, which is fine, but not my favourite form of fic. It is set in the comics and those fics are rare enough so I will definitely finish it.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    SpuffyGlitz (30-08-19),Stoney (30-08-19),TriBel (30-08-19)

  6. #424
    Slayer TriBel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    1,852
    Thanks
    4,861
    Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,166 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    It's an episode re-write, which is fine, but not my favourite form of fic. It is set in the comics and those fics are rare enough so I will definitely finish it.
    It actually looks quite good - but I'm not reading it on principle. The principle being that S12 doesn't deserve to exist . All copies should be collected up and, if not burned (see above), then handed over to The Vatican. They've got 85km of shelving in their Secret Archives - I'm sure they've got room for a few comics. S12's an abomination - I'm sure it'll sit well alongside other abominations.

    I'll write to the Pope and suggest it. The Catholic Church owes me for years of eating cold toast before they changed the rules on fasting before communion. The world will be a better place without S12 - it's worse than cold toast.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

    GoSpuffy (30-08-19),Priceless (30-08-19)

  8. #425
    Scooby Gang GoSpuffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    2,222
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 971 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    It actually looks quite good - but I'm not reading it on principle. The principle being that S12 doesn't deserve to exist . All copies should be collected up and, if not burned (see above), then handed over to The Vatican. They've got 85km of shelving in their Secret Archives - I'm sure they've got room for a few comics. S12's an abomination - I'm sure it'll sit well alongside other abominations.

    I'll write to the Pope and suggest it. The Catholic Church owes me for years of eating cold toast before they changed the rules on fasting before communion. The world will be a better place without S12 - it's worse than cold toast.
    Count me in on your mission to search and destroy S12. Finally, someone with a plan that makes sense.


    I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (30-08-19),TriBel (30-08-19)

  10. #426
    Slayer flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    3,883
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,618 Posts

    Default

    I've been working on a list of Spuffy fanfic recommendations for weeks or so now. Most of you will probably already know most of the fics mentioned. I am gonna issue a fair warning: the list contains more than 80 fic recommendations. But it's still not remotely as epic as the epic Spuffy list. I wanted to share it somehwere so, here you go:

    https://flowspuffy.livejournal.com/746.html

    flow
    Last edited by flow; 07-09-19 at 10:36 PM.
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

    GoSpuffy (07-09-19),Priceless (07-09-19),SpuffyGlitz (07-09-19),TriBel (07-09-19)

  12. #427
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,547
    Thanks
    9,657
    Thanked 8,426 Times in 4,061 Posts

    Default

    I love a reading list! Thank you flow, this is great

  13. #428
    Scooby Gang GoSpuffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    847
    Thanks
    2,222
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 971 Posts

    Default

    Surprisingly there are a few EF gems in this list I have missed. My bookshelf had been looking a little bare but no more! There is a world beyond EF that tempts me but until I've exhausted it I will not stray.

    Unless it's written by Priceless or any of our own scoobie gang......
    Last edited by GoSpuffy; 08-09-19 at 05:09 PM.


    I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (08-09-19)

  15. #429
    Slayer flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    3,883
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,618 Posts

    Default

    I am re-reading My Life Closed Twice by anaross and once again I come to the conclusion that this is probably the best Spuffy fanfic ever. Of all that have ever been written or will be written. It’s so incredibly good. I could go on for hours and hours repeating „This is so good. It’s so good. It’s so good...“

    flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

    GoSpuffy (09-09-19),Priceless (09-09-19)

  17. #430
    Well Spiked Stoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    8,237
    Thanks
    11,269
    Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,564 Posts

    Default

    Ha, I'm sure that's one of the ones I have opted not to read after we'd chatted about the contents. I do really genuinely like that there are so many fics for every fan's preferences. It's so difficult to ever recommend fics though without really knowing what people like and especially what they don't like.
    Last edited by Stoney; 09-09-19 at 09:32 PM.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

    flow (09-09-19),Priceless (09-09-19)

  19. #431
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,547
    Thanks
    9,657
    Thanked 8,426 Times in 4,061 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    I am re-reading My Life Closed Twice by anaross and once again I come to the conclusion that this is probably the best Spuffy fanfic ever. Of all that have ever been written or will be written. It’s so incredibly good. I could go on for hours and hours repeating „This is so good. It’s so good. It’s so good...“

    flow
    I need to re-read it, because it's so good, just so damn good . . .

    I love Anaross, but I also love Herself, Lizerrrbeathan, Sigyn . . . these would be my top 4

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    flow (09-09-19)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •