Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations

Thanks
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 532 Posts

I'll look through my files later today when I'm at home and send you a pm.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Priceless (29-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,520 Posts

This has as of recently been completed on Elysian Fields and I have just started to read it. So far it`s really intriguing. Can`t wait to see, where it goes.

Liebestod by lamblichus:

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/view...ze=0&chapter=2

flow
    [IMG][/IMG]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (05-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,960 Times in 3,811 Posts

I do love a time travel fic

Thanks
    Thanked 12,957 Times in 5,386 Posts

I'm sure someone mentioned this for it to end up on my 'to read' list but I searched the thread and couldn't see it. I read Frontierland by Gort this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. If I were to consider it critically, there were some angles I don't agree with, but it didn't spoil the story and it was just a really compelling, enjoyable read. I mean this is me and I read a 65k fic in two days. The style reminded me some of Eurydice. I've read other fics by Gort and I'm sure I'll seek out more.

EDIT: AHA! I've just see that there is a Return to Frontierland and a further story in the verse, Sunny Days (all down as the Spellbound series). The latter is over 100k! As I'm waiting on the rewatch posts and have a fanart challenge waiting I can't see me getting to prioritise these, but I hope they are as fun to read as the first for when I do get to them.
    Last edited by Stoney; 07-04-19 at 07:57 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (08-04-19),Priceless (07-04-19)

Thanks

I've liked other stories by Gort, but always stayed away from this one because it's an All-Human AU, which I don't read. Should I be making an exception here?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,938 Times in 908 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    I've liked other stories by Gort, but always stayed away from this one because it's an All-Human AU, which I don't read. Should I be making an exception here?
    I never read all human but I did read and enjoy this. If memory serves they are human in a dream and wake up to be themselves.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (10-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    As GoSpuffy says, it isn't actually all human, they are dreaming but in 'reality' are vampire and slayer. I'd say three quarters ish is in the dream though, but I really enjoyed Spike in the dream. I do like reading all human fics, but the things I disagreed with in the way the story went were very typical breaks from canon for Spuffy fics but definitely didn't spoil the read for me, even though they are AU perspectives that aren't ones I agree with, as the writing is just really enjoyable. I don't think typically avoiding all human fics would be a deal breaker either, so I'd say go for it because it isn't really them and they do return towards the end. I'm just about to read the short second sequel, but the premise is the same again for that I think, another dream but you see the results of what happens to them in the dream effect them as the real people when they awake.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (10-04-19)

Thanks

I know a few of us like a bit of poetry with our spuffy goodness. This looks intriguing: https://dark-solace.org/elysian/view...6073&chapter=1 .

Ooooo Pricey, not just poetry but time travel too!
    Last edited by GoSpuffy; 10-04-19 at 05:50 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (11-04-19),SpuffyGlitz (09-04-19),thenewbuzwuzz (11-04-19)

Thanks

Thanks GoSpuffy and Stoney! Strange how much of a difference it makes to know that it's "just a dream" and not actually AH. I will be giving it a try then!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Stoney (11-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    I know a few of us like a bit of poetry with our spuffy goodness. This looks intriguing: https://dark-solace.org/elysian/view...6073&chapter=1 .

Ooooo Pricey, not just poetry but time travel too!
    Oooo two of my favourite things to read in fanfic. Thanks GoSpuffy. I'll definitely give this one a go

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (13-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    EDIT: AHA! I've just see that there is a Return to Frontierland and a further story in the verse, Sunny Days (all down as the Spellbound series). The latter is over 100k! As I'm waiting on the rewatch posts and have a fanart challenge waiting I can't see me getting to prioritise these, but I hope they are as fun to read as the first for when I do get to them.
    Despite having other things to do I continued reading these whilst I was hunting for screencaps. The first is significantly stronger imo, but they were all still enjoyable enough reads. I'd read the first again though, that hit a different level for me.

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

flow
    I am interested in this one (I think it has been recced to me before), but I`d like to know ab it more. Is it dark? Angsty? Fluffy? What did you like about it?
    I realized I never answered this question about Affinity (which I also realized I mistyped as “Affinities”…whoops).

It’s a long season-six-but-Spike-and-Buffy-are-less-dysfunctional fic, which truth be told I’m not normally that into given that I actually really like the harshness of canon season six and usually find significant deviations from it to be out of character. And there’s some of that in Affinity. Buffy has freer romantic feelings re: Spike and Spike acts in a generally less objectionable way. Which I don’t really believe would happen (There’s also some other stuff one often finds in these types of fics like conflating of “coming out” and dating a vampire which I’ve never really liked. Was glad when I saw a line like that was taken out of Dead Things). But I believe it on the terms of the fic and I’m willing to go with it given the fluency of the writing and some truly delightfully in-character dialogue. I also enjoy stories where the AtS people and the BtVS people have to deal with each other’s s6/s4 nonsense, and there’s a lot of that here. Angel spending half of the story drunk on absinthe because Spike didn’t want him to find out about him and Buffy boning? That’s just a great time.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to authentick For This Useful Post:

flow (16-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,642 Times in 2,008 Posts

I finally got round to reading Brave New World by JamesMFan last night and I enjoyed it. Today I've read another by the same author, Scars. I enjoyed that too but I'm not recommending it because you'll all hate me.

http://www.spikeluver.com/SpuffyReal....php?sid=12446

Do Not Read! You've been warned!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    I finally got round to reading Brave New World by JamesMFan last night and I enjoyed it. Today I've read another by the same author, Scars. I enjoyed that too but I'm not recommending it because you'll all hate me.

http://www.spikeluver.com/SpuffyReal....php?sid=12446

Do Not Read! You've been warned!
    Now you know that's going to encourage me to read it. Is it really sad? Is it not Spuffy?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (17-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Now you know that's going to encourage me to read it. Is it really sad? Is it not Spuffy?
    Bugger...I knew you'd say that. Yeah...it's sad at the beginning and even sadder at the end. It's described as "dark". It's Spuffy - if you write "Spuffy". It's S4 - I think. It's interesting...

Thanks

It's reverse psychology, right? I too am overcome with an incredibly strong desire to read it RIGHT NOW.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

TriBel (17-04-19)

Thanks

I don't want to read it if there isn't a happy ending. I'm drained from too much misery on GoT, I need a happy ending

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (17-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    It's reverse psychology, right? I too am overcome with an incredibly strong desire to read it RIGHT NOW.
    I'm honestly not recommending it! I just had to say...I thought it was good. I wouldn't mind it being recommended to me but I don't want to take the responsibility of recommending it to others.

Thanks

This is the same one I mentioned in another thread when JamesMFan was mentioned. Scars is the only one of theirs I've read and it is well written but definitely not happy.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

TriBel (17-04-19)

Thanks

Then I'm going to avoid it for now. Maybe it could go on our 'to read' list for another time