Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Spuffy Fanfic Recommendations

Thanks
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,806 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seekingoutfriday View Post
    So uh... does anyone know what happened to Gwennie's fics?
    Hi seekingoutfriday, welcome to the forum. Gwennie removed all her fics from EF and as far as I know, from every platform. She hasn't said why, so we don't really know. It was poor timing really because we had just discovered her on this forum and were really enjoying her work. Shame

We hope she does eventually decide to come back or at least re-post her previous work.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,296 Times in 957 Posts

Gwennie also deleted her account on EF, so there is no way to contact her anymore. She has emailed a member of EF though and has confirmed, she is fine and there is no need to be worried about her. She did not elaborate why she chose to pull her fics. If you would like to have copies of them, you are welcome to send me your email adress via pm.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, by the way!

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (27-10-18)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post

Oh, and welcome to the forum, by the way!

flow
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Question... how do I PM?

Thanks

Oops, it is possible that you can only send a pm after you have posted a certain amount of posts - probably five. I am not sure about that. If you click on you own user name on the top right, you should get to a menue that - among other things - says "send private message". If you click on it, everything else should be self-explanatory. Hope, it works!

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 653 Posts

And all this time I've been clicking userCP to get to my inbox lol

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

Thanks

https://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=5926

Full Circle by Cockney Cecilia Just one chapter, so short and sweet. Written for the 12 years 12 seasons challenge on EF.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

flow (08-11-18)

Thanks

There have been so many stories for the 12 years 12 seasons challenge - I don`t even know, where to start. Sigyn has provided one too and announced, it might possibly be her last ever Spuffy story

I`ve put Full Circle on my not so empty bookshelf and hope to get to read it soon!

flow
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (08-11-18)

Thanks

There have been so many stories for the 12 years 12 seasons challenge - I don`t even know, where to start. Sigyn has provided one too and announced, it might possibly be her last ever Spuffy story

I`ve put Full Circle on my not so empty bookshelf and hope to get to read it soon!

flow
    Why is Sigyn say she was giving up writing Spuffy? That would be a terrible loss! I love her writing. Would she still write fanfic, just not Spuffy?

Full Circle is a sweet story, about Buffy and Spike meeting 12 years after Season 12. They'd lost touch, moved on etc. but not amount of time can keep these two apart

Thanks

Sigyn said she wants write original stories, which she has actually done before. I do believe that there might come a time for a fanfic writer, where you think, you have told every story within one certain fandom. She said she won`t drop out of fandom and she doesn`t completely rule out writing another Spuffy story. But she said Rewritten might be her last at least for now.

flow
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (08-11-18),Sosa lola (09-11-18)

Thanks

Sigyn said she wants write original stories, which she has actually done before. I do believe that there might come a time for a fanfic writer, where you think, you have told every story within one certain fandom. She said she won`t drop out of fandom and she doesn`t completely rule out writing another Spuffy story. But she said Rewritten might be her last at least for now.

flow
    She is an amazing writer who deserve success with her original work. I will miss her Spuffy writing, and hope her muse keeps nagging at her to write some more

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (09-11-18)

Thanks

I agree, losing Sigyn makes me sad for us but happy for her. My fear is that S12 was an ending and Boom and the TV remake will change the fandom to the point where spuffy starts to fade.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-11-18),SpuffyGlitz (09-11-18)

Thanks

I don`t think that will happen, GoSpuffy. Remember, that Spuffy was officially over from season 6 Chosen until the beginning of the comics season 10. From May 2003 til March 2014! Eleven Years! Still, Spuffies have been active in fandom all the time, have created fanart, fanvids and fanfiction.

Since season 12 finished on Elysian Fields alone about one hundred new Spuffy fanfics have been published.

Calm down. Spuffy will live on.

And we don`t even know, where Boom will take Spike and Buffy. Maybe we are in for a nice surprise? (I don`t expect it, but one can hope...)

flow
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-11-18),SpuffyGlitz (09-11-18)

Thanks

I don`t think that will happen, GoSpuffy. Remember, that Spuffy was officially over from season 6 Chosen until the beginning of the comics season 10. From May 2003 til March 2014! Eleven Years!
    Spuffy was over? I didn't get that memo!! I don't believe you......

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-11-18),Stoney (10-11-18)

Thanks

And we don`t even know, where Boom will take Spike and Buffy. Maybe we are in for a nice surprise? (I don`t expect it, but one can hope...)
    Call me an optimist, but I think Boom will take Buffy and Spike in a positive direction. As others have said, making Dru The Mistress and reducing Spike to her pet, seems to suggest Spike is being made 'less evil' to make him more palatable to the audience as a love interest for Buffy.

There is a worry that in the comics she is only 16 and if Spike and she get together too early, there will be accusations of 'cradle robbing' etc. that have been directed at Angel.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (10-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 373 Posts

I really didn't want Spike included in the BOOM comics.

But now that he's been brought in so fast (they really wasted no time!), they must have wanted to incorporate his popularity - but I don't think they'll do anything with Spike and Buffy (even though that would be fun and interesting.) They might make him a loveable villain, or show he's attracted to Buffy at the most, but overall I'm just glad it's not going to be considered canon.

Having said that - it would be fun if there WAS some Spuffy explored, even if I don't take it seriously, it would be interesting. I'm not totally closed off to it.
    I want the fire back. - Buffy Summers

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

flow (10-11-18),Priceless (10-11-18),Stoney (11-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,868 Times in 4,435 Posts

I'm glad it isn't canon but I'd still rather not see Spike or Spuffy explored unless it is done really well with canon in mind (which I wouldn't expect it necessarily would be, it's as likely, if not probably more, to deliberately not fit). It isn't that I don't like AUs or find them interesting and I'm totally at ease about this title's exploration of anything other than Spike, ha. It's the idea that this might be how some people come to know the verse and the characters and if they pull down or really drastically shift the character that will bother me. I loved what we got and always recommend that people watch the show chronologically to appreciate it the best. The idea of this being a starting point potentially I just find irksome (and possibly it is an unrealistic concern anyway, I don't know). But it not being canon anyway is definitely a positive.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (11-11-18)