Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a fic?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,177 Times in 2,093 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    Ha, yes I guess it sounds like that! But it has a really nice long slow build-up that makes it all very believable, in my opinion anyway. (It's 38 chapters, not a PWP!)
    I will definitely read it, thank you Double Dutchess, I was only being daft about the orgy. I've read a few Cangel fics and none of them have been really 'great', and I'd just like to read one that's 'unputdownable' because I do like Cangel as a pairing.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (12-06-18)

Bronze Party-Goer Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Magpie This is a series of 3 stories. Post NFA - and I really like Xander in these stories. I also like the Xander and Spike dynamic.
    Seconded, "Magpie" is a great story. Not a very cheerful one though!

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I've read a few Cangel fics and none of them have been really 'great', an d I'd just like to read one that's 'unputdownable' becaus ke I do like Cangel as a pairing.
    "A Little Bit Of History Repeating" kept my interest over several years as a WIP that was *very* slowly updated, so for me it definitely fell into that category.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Priceless (12-06-18)

Thanks

"A Little Bit Of History Repeating" kept my interest over several years as a WIP that was *very* slowly updated, so for me it definitely fell into that category.
    Just finished the first three chapters and I'm really enjoying it. Nomelon has captured the voices really well. It feels like an episode of the show; one of the gang has a problem, research needs to be done, high jinx ensues, problem solved. (Although I don't know if the problem will be solved) It's really good!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 715 Posts

I am posting my question about this fic again, hoping, someone has an idea, which story it could be:

"I think it started in S6 because Xander had fallen on his feet in construction. Willow would draw beautiful buildings, Xander figured out how to build them, and they made a fortune together.
    IIRC, it was a long-standing WIP, and it stopped abruptly just as they were about to go into the final Big Battle at Disneyworld. Or possibly Disneyland.
    If only I could remember either the title or the author."
    flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks

Just finished A Little Bit of History Repeating and really enjoyed it. Very well written and a believable build up, with everyone mostly sounding like themselves. I liked the 'adventure' side of the storytelling too, as though it was focused on relationships, it also had other things happening. Thanks for the recommendation Double Dutchess

Would still like to read a really good Cangel (and only Cangel) fic if anyone knows of a great one?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (12-06-18)

Bronze Party-Goer Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Just finished A Little Bit of History Repeating and really enjoyed it. Very well written and a believable build up, with everyone mostly sounding like themselves. I liked the 'adventure' side of the storytelling too, as though it was focused on relationships, it also had other things happening. Thanks for the recommendation Double Dutchess
    Wow, that was fast! I guess it really was a page turner. You're welcome, I am glad you enjoyed it! Can't help you with pure Cangel fic though...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Priceless (12-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    Wow, that was fast! I guess it really was a page turner. You're welcome, I am glad you enjoyed it! Can't help you with pure Cangel fic though...
    No, no-one can. I feel it's my Holy Grail I may take my search to twitter, wish me luck!

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    I am posting my question about this fic again, hoping, someone has an idea, which story it could be:

flow
    I have no idea, but I wonder if someone at https://seeking-spike.livejournal.com/ would know.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,692 Times in 4,031 Posts

It isn't one that rings any bells for me either flow. Do you know if it was a Spuffy pairing? It might be worth putting the query up at Spuffy Realm too if so, their find-a-fic thread tends to be pretty good.

Thanks

One pairing I have a horror of is Spike/Faith (I get jealous on Buffy's behalf ) So can anyone can recommend me a not-too-long Spaith fic that will make me look at the pairing in a new light?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

thenewbuzwuzz (10-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 423 Posts

Ransomed, Healed, Restored, Forgiven

I like Anaross, and I enjoy this story. It's post Chosen, with a twist, and has Dawn, Giles, Xander, Angel/Buffy, Faith, Riley, Andrew, Drusilla, and Clem. It's plotty, character driven, and somewhat dark at times. It's pretty long.

Also by Anaross - Tell Me Something Nobody Knows and The Shearing

These two are shorter. The usual trope is that Buffy chooses Angel. I don't ship them but the pairing can be a lot of fun.
    It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done Terry Pratchett

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-07-18),thenewbuzwuzz (10-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Ransomed, Healed, Restored, Forgiven

I like Anaross, and I enjoy this story. It's post Chosen, with a twist, and has Dawn, Giles, Xander, Angel/Buffy, Faith, Riley, Andrew, Drusilla, and Clem. It's plotty, character driven, and somewhat dark at times. It's pretty long.

Also by Anaross - Tell Me Something Nobody Knows and The Shearing

These two are shorter. The usual trope is that Buffy chooses Angel. I don't ship them but the pairing can be a lot of fun.
    Thanks bespangled. I've just read The Shearing, which makes me think I'm in the right mindset to handle a Spaith fic. I do like Anaross so I shall give them a try. I think others have recommended Ransomed Healed Restored Forgiven before (TriBel??)

Thanks

Thanks bespangled. I've just read The Shearing, which makes me think I'm in the right mindset to handle a Spaith fic. I do like Anaross so I shall give them a try. I think others have recommended Ransomed Healed Restored Forgiven before (TriBel??)
    While I adore Anaross' Ransomed Healed Restored Forgiven, it's not for the faint of heart. There's a lot more Buffy/Angel than there is Spike/Faith, and Buffy comes across as being a combination of confused and hard-hearted that's just on the edge of what this Buffy-lover can take. Tell Me Something Nobody Knows might be a better place to start. I really love her unfinished Vampire Walk, which doesn't have some of the hard stuff of RRRF, but, you know: WIP.

Dutchbuffy has a Spike/Faith series in a 'verse where Buffy dies. It begins in His Voice Is Like a Mars Bar (12,000 words). At some point in the series Dawn and Spike get up to some bad things, which I find uncomfortable, but it has its charms.

There's a super short one by FemailoftheSpecies, Who's confronting whom anyway? that doesn't go too deep but is interesting.
    Last edited by Rebcake; 10-07-18 at 07:10 PM.
    Weird love is better than no love Buffy Summers

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-07-18),thenewbuzwuzz (10-07-18)

Thanks

Thanks Rebcake. I'm now a bit trepidatious about starting Ransomed Healed Restored Forgiven. I am in no way a fan of Buffy/Angel and try to avoid that paring. I'm not sure I can face both Spike/Faith and Buffy/Angel in the same fic, unless Buffy/Angel very unhappy?

I might start with Tell Me Something Nobody Knows an work upto a harsher fic.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (10-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 715 Posts

Pricey, have you run out of Spuffy fanfics to-read? You are always welcome to take some off of my to-read list for me :-)

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-07-18),Stoney (10-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    Pricey, have you run out of Spuffy fanfics to-read? You are always welcome to take some off of my to-read list for me :-)

flow
    I'm hopeful that I'll never run out of Spuffy fics . . . if I do, I don't think I'll be able to go on I just wanted to broaden my horizons, see what else is out there and how other pairings/friendships are written about. There's a whole world out there that has surprised me. I've just read an Ethan/Lindsey fic that worked pretty well.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Sosa lola (10-07-18),thenewbuzwuzz (10-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 791 Posts

Wow, Priceless, Lindsey/Ethan!! I can broaden my horizons if Xander is in the pairing, I have read Xander with everyone including Caleb, Snyder and Graham.

I think the strangest pairing I have seen, which was a side pairing to Xander/Spike and Angel/Wesley, was Buffy/Anya. I really, really can't imagine that pairing ever happening! I can see Buffy with Faith, Willow, Tara.... but not Anya.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Thanks

Buffy/Anya isn't one I've come across yet, but if I do I'll certainly give it a read. There are so many odd pairings out there, and threesomes, even one or two foursomes.

I have read Spike with so many different people, I'm a bit dulled by it. I don't think I can read another Spike/Angel pairing for a while, I need a break from that.

Thanks

Thanks Rebcake. I'm now a bit trepidatious about starting Ransomed Healed Restored Forgiven. I am in no way a fan of Buffy/Angel and try to avoid that paring. I'm not sure I can face both Spike/Faith and Buffy/Angel in the same fic, unless Buffy/Angel very unhappy?

I might start with Tell Me Something Nobody Knows an work upto a harsher fic.
    I would not say that Buffy and Angel are happy in RRRF, no. Airless and unsatisfying is how I would put it.
    Weird love is better than no love Buffy Summers

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

bespangled (11-07-18),Priceless (10-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rebcake View Post
    I would not say that Buffy and Angel are happy in RRRF, no. Airless and unsatisfying is how I would put it.
    Lol, really? Oh well, then I'll probably give it a go