Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for a fic?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 425 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebcake View Post
    I would not say that Buffy and Angel are happy in RRRF, no. Airless and unsatisfying is how I would put it.
    Yeah - it's really joyless. I'd say Angel figures into the story more than Bangel. And I do think there is more Spaith than Bangel - if you count their friendship.
    A screaming vampire is always the center of attention.― Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Yeah - it's really joyless. I'd say Angel figures into the story more than Bangel. And I do think there is more Spaith than Bangel - if you count their friendship.
    There's so much going on in this story: Bangel, Spaith, Spuffy, Spangel. Poor Faith gets the least action of anybody! (Although I'd just as soon miss some of the action that Spike gets.) The Riley stuff is really well done, too! I'm not a huge fan of the guy, but I really like fics where he plays an interesting, non-villainous part.
    Weird love is better than no love Buffy Summers

Thanks

Priceless, I'm not sure if you're still looking for Cangel fics, but this is an author who I have seen recommended: http://rebel.mi-destino.net/starlet/Ficlist.htm

I've read "Amor Fati," which is an Angel/Cordelia friendship fic, and I thought it was good. But there are also Angel/Cordelia romance stories as well. The ones I've seen rec'd are Queen of the Night and Heat Stroke. I haven't read those myself.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to grace For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Priceless, I'm not sure if you're still looking for Cangel fics, but this is an author who I have seen recommended: http://rebel.mi-destino.net/starlet/Ficlist.htm

I've read "Amor Fati," which is an Angel/Cordelia friendship fic, and I thought it was good. But there are also Angel/Cordelia romance stories as well. The ones I've seen rec'd are Queen of the Night and Heat Stroke. I haven't read those myself.
    Thanks Grace! I shall definitely put these on my 'to read' list

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

grace (14-07-18)

Thanks

Has anyone read the whole of the Rules'verse series by brutti_ma_buoni? I've read a few of the fics, but I am going to try and read it all in order. I'm not a huge fan of Faith/Giles, but I am open to be convinced

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Rebcake (21-07-18),Sosa lola (21-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 800 Posts

I'm in such a mood for a good Xangel fic. I have seen plenty of good Xander/Angel fics post-S3, but I've always been more interested in their dynamic during the high school years. I wanna read one angsty Xangel fic set in high school!!

@Priceless, I've never read it, but the idea of Faith/Giles became so attractive after reading S8 comics.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

Priceless (21-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    I'm in such a mood for a good Xangel fic. I have seen plenty of good Xander/Angel fics post-S3, but I've always been more interested in their dynamic during the high school years. I wanna read one angsty Xangel fic set in high school!!

@Priceless, I've never read it, but the idea of Faith/Giles became so attractive after reading S8 comics.
    I had forgotten about Faith and Giles working so well together in S8. I'm open to it. It just feels a bit 'daddy' issues, and we have so many characters trying to work out their daddy issues, especially in fanfic.

I've been reading a few Angel/Xander fics recently, and I like the pairing. I've not read a really angsty fic from the high school years that I could recommend. If I come across one, I will certainly post it in the recommendation thread

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Sosa lola (21-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Has anyone read the whole of the Rules'verse series by brutti_ma_buoni? I've read a few of the fics, but I am going to try and read it all in order. I'm not a huge fan of Faith/Giles, but I am open to be convinced
    I've read them and was completely convinced by her Faith/Giles, not a pairing I would have ever thought of. It isn't about "daddy issues", thankfully.
    Weird love is better than no love Buffy Summers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

Priceless (21-07-18)

Thanks

I've now read all all of Lizerrrbeathan's fics that have been recommended on this site, but I wondered if anyone knows of anymore of her stories?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,246 Times in 960 Posts

I've now read all all of Lizerrrbeathan's fics that have been recommended on this site, but I wondered if anyone knows of anymore of her stories?
    I think Stoney might have sourced some on the thread where we discussed Adieu.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-08-18),Stoney (15-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,761 Times in 4,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    I think Stoney might have sourced some on the thread where we discussed Adieu.
    It's possible I may have some more that I can't find links for online any longer too. I can't remember what I tracked down and posted for and what I didn't. If you PM me what you've read and found the links I'd given for Pricey I can check your list against what I have on file.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,750 Times in 723 Posts

I want to put up a warning regarding Missing You by Lizerrbeathan. it has the most devastating ending I have ever seen in a Spuffy fanfic.

(I am sure, everyone will reading now because of my warning, but at least I have tried..)

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,246 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    I want to put up a warning regarding Missing You by Lizerrbeathan. it has the most devastating ending I have ever seen in a Spuffy fanfic.

(I am sure, everyone will reading now because of my warning, but at least I have tried..)

flow
    I might do if you told me where to find it. More devastating than anything Whedon could write?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,750 Times in 723 Posts

Actually yes :-)

It`s not on the internet anymore. I could send to you, but only if you promise me, you won`t hold it against me :-)

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post

flow
    But why? I need to know before I start reading it. Do they die? Does one die? Please tell me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 425 Posts

Well hell, now I have to read it!
    A screaming vampire is always the center of attention.― Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Well hell, now I have to read it!
    Could you read it and then tell me how terrible it is, thanks