Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a fic?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 642 Posts

Stoney, it must be this fic ! Puppet recommended it once on the other board, but couldn`t remember writer or title. I am glad, I have found it now. Thanks a lot !

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Stoney (26-03-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,719 Times in 1,868 Posts

I've just started Eurydice's Diamond Studded Flunkies, an older fic which I'm really enjoying, but it reads like a sequel. EF doesn't say it's a sequel, or one of a series, but I wondered if anyone knew if this was the case or if it's just written like a mystery and everything will be revealed in the end?
    Never much cared for picket fences, anyway. Bloody dangerous.

Thanks

@bespangled: You can try reading DutchBuffy's stuff on AO3. She has a lot of interesting ideas and good execution.

Oh! Also try No Mistakes by treacleA (treacle antlers).
    Weird love is better than no love — Buffy Summers

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

bespangled (03-05-18),flow (02-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 391 Posts

Right now I am in the middle of A Soul To Seduce - Eurydice. I am rediscovering some of my old favorites.

Okay - DutchBuffy. No mistakes looks really good! Please tell me he isn't human.

- - - Updated - - -

She wrote the Lydia Chalmers paper! I thought I would never find that again!
    It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done Terry Pratchett

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (01-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Okay - DutchBuffy. No mistakes looks really good! Please tell me he isn't human.

She wrote the Lydia Chalmers paper! I thought I would never find that again!
    The thesis was a group effort, so she wrote some of it. But yeah, it's good to have a working link! As for No Mistakes, I'm not telling you anything, except that whatever you think he is, it's probably wrong.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

flow (02-05-18)

Thanks

So he hasn't shanshued? I stopped reading this once because I can't stand shanshu
    It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done Terry Pratchett

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (02-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rebcake View Post
    @bespangled: You can try reading DutchBuffy's stuff on AO3. She has a lot of interesting ideas and good execution.

Oh! Also try No Mistakes by treacleA (treacle antlers).
    Rebcake, I looked up Dutchbuffy on AO3 and found his/her story In Pursuit Of William. It is amazing and I love it. I am going to post it in the rec thread!

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (02-05-18),Rebcake (03-05-18)

Thanks

I am reading No mistakes, and I have bookmarked Dutch Buffy!
    A Soul To Seduce is a freaking WIP! grrr

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    Rebcake, I looked up Dutchbuffy on AO3 and found his/her story In Pursuit Of William. It is amazing and I love it. I am going to post it in the rec thread!

flow
    ¡Yay! Here's link to more Lydia fics by various authors: https://fantas-magoria.livejournal.com/295077.html Because I really love the rare characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    So he hasn't shanshued? I stopped reading this once because I can't stand shanshu
    It just ... doesn't end up where it starts. FWIW.
    Last edited by Rebcake; 03-05-18 at 06:46 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

bespangled (03-05-18),flow (03-05-18)

Thanks

I've just read In Pursuit of William (thank you all for the rec) and it's really good and quite unexpected, and I like that .

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

flow (03-05-18),Rebcake (03-05-18)

Thanks

I just read Demons I Have Known by Gwennie and was wondering, if there are more fics, that have additional (unseen) scenes in the frame of one or more seasons of the show without changing canon. Preferably a Spuffy fic.

flow

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 742 Posts

Fics I'm looking for are good Xander/Spike friendships. Can be part of a Spuffy or Spangel or any other pairing. But I wanna read a good Xander and Spike become friends.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    I just read Demons I Have Known by Gwennie and was wondering, if there are more fics, that have additional (unseen) scenes in the frame of one or more seasons of the show without changing canon. Preferably a Spuffy fic.
    Oh, yeah. I can't think of any off the top of my head that are as "complete" as Demon I Have Known, but there are many that cover shorter periods. I have one that covers S4, for instance: Do You Believe? There's also There May Have Been Sketches by hecatehatesthat, a missing scene from "Lies My Parents Told Me". One that I love, not strictly Spuffy, is Hotel Lavear by indri, which is the story of Spike and Dru's breakup, from the POV of the Chaos Demon.

There are so many more! This is a rabbit hole that I could plumb for hours.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebcake For This Useful Post:

flow (01-06-18)

Thanks

rebcake :
    Oh, yeah. I can't think of any off the top of my head that are as "complete" as Demon I Have Known, but there are many that cover shorter periods. I have one that covers S4, for instance: Do You Believe? There's also There May Have Been Sketches by hecatehatesthat, a missing scene from "Lies My Parents Told Me". One that I love, not strictly Spuffy, is Hotel Lavear by indri, which is the story of Spike and Dru's breakup, from the POV of the Chaos Demon.

There are so many more! This is a rabbit hole that I could plumb for hours.
    Thanks a lot for the recommendations! I am definitely going to check them out!

flow

Will you just hold me ?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Rebcake (11-06-18)

Thanks

Someone asked about a fic on the EF facebook group and I thought, maybe one of you can help:

"I think it started in S6 because Xander had fallen on his feet in construction. Willow would draw beautiful buildings, Xander figured out how to build them, and they made a fortune together.
    IIRC, it was a long-standing WIP, and it stopped abruptly just as they were about to go into the final Big Battle at Disneyworld. Or possibly Disneyland.
    If only I could remember either the title or the author."

flow

- - - Updated - - -

Sosa Lola:
    Fics I'm looking for are good Xander/Spike friendships. Can be part of a Spuffy or Spangel or any other pairing. But I wanna read a good Xander and Spike become friends.
    I am not sure, this is, what you are looking for, but the above mentioned A Stone`s Throw From Yesterday has Xander finding Spike in Africa and bringing him back to Buffy. Not really a Spike/Xander friendship but at least they interact. And it has a beginning Xanders/dawn romance, which I really liked.

I also have read Distress Signals by PeaceHeather. Buffy and Xander rescue Spike and Xander and Spike bond (in a merely platonic way) over a bottle of beer.

http://dark-solace.org/elysian/viewstory.php?sid=3354

flow

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks

I'm still looking for a great Cangel fic . . . anyone?

Bronze Party-Goer Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I'm still looking for a great Cangel fic . . . anyone?
    I've never read any fics that are pure Cangel, but if you don't mind some Spangel (and Spordelia, as well as Spangdelia? Spordangel?) to go with your Cangel, then I can wholeheartedly recommend A Little Bit of History Repeating by Nomelon.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

bespangled (12-06-18),Priceless (11-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    I've never read any fics that are pure Cangel, but if you don't mind some Spangel (and Spordelia, as well as Spangdelia? Spordangel?) to go with your Cangel, then I can wholeheartedly recommend A Little Bit of History Repeating by Nomelon.
    Well that sounds like a complete orgy I may give it a glance, for research purposes only

Bronze Party-Goer Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Well that sounds like a complete orgy I may give it a glance, for research purposes only
    Ha, yes I guess it sounds like that! But it has a really nice long slow build-up that makes it all very believable, in my opinion anyway. (It's 38 chapters, not a PWP!)

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Priceless (12-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    I like that one. Here's one that has a threesome with Angel/Spike/Cordelia. There's also the Fanged Four in many combinations with Spangel. The Longest Distance Between Two Points:

Magpie This is a series of 3 stories. Post NFA - and I really like Xander in these stories. I also like the Xander and Spike dynamic.

Also this is one of the funniest stories I have read in fandom - Belonging Wesley is sent in season 2 to learn about being a watcher from seasoned pro. He immediately gets captured bay Angelus, and is completely star struck. After all, he did his thesis on Angelus.
    Last edited by bespangled; 12-06-18 at 02:36 AM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (12-06-18),Priceless (12-06-18)