Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a fic?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,581 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    Ha, yes I guess it sounds like that! But it has a really nice long slow build-up that makes it all very believable, in my opinion anyway. (It's 38 chapters, not a PWP!)
    I will definitely read it, thank you Double Dutchess, I was only being daft about the orgy. I've read a few Cangel fics and none of them have been really 'great', and I'd just like to read one that's 'unputdownable' because I do like Cangel as a pairing.
    Never much cared for picket fences, anyway. Bloody dangerous.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (12-06-18)

Sunnydale High Student Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Magpie This is a series of 3 stories. Post NFA - and I really like Xander in these stories. I also like the Xander and Spike dynamic.
    Seconded, "Magpie" is a great story. Not a very cheerful one though!

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I've read a few Cangel fics and none of them have been really 'great', an d I'd just like to read one that's 'unputdownable' becaus ke I do like Cangel as a pairing.
    "A Little Bit Of History Repeating" kept my interest over several years as a WIP that was *very* slowly updated, so for me it definitely fell into that category.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Priceless (12-06-18)

Thanks

"A Little Bit Of History Repeating" kept my interest over several years as a WIP that was *very* slowly updated, so for me it definitely fell into that category.
    Just finished the first three chapters and I'm really enjoying it. Nomelon has captured the voices really well. It feels like an episode of the show; one of the gang has a problem, research needs to be done, high jinx ensues, problem solved. (Although I don't know if the problem will be solved) It's really good!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 544 Posts

I am posting my question about this fic again, hoping, someone has an idea, which story it could be:

"I think it started in S6 because Xander had fallen on his feet in construction. Willow would draw beautiful buildings, Xander figured out how to build them, and they made a fortune together.
    IIRC, it was a long-standing WIP, and it stopped abruptly just as they were about to go into the final Big Battle at Disneyworld. Or possibly Disneyland.
    If only I could remember either the title or the author."
    flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks

Just finished A Little Bit of History Repeating and really enjoyed it. Very well written and a believable build up, with everyone mostly sounding like themselves. I liked the 'adventure' side of the storytelling too, as though it was focused on relationships, it also had other things happening. Thanks for the recommendation Double Dutchess

Would still like to read a really good Cangel (and only Cangel) fic if anyone knows of a great one?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (12-06-18)

Sunnydale High Student Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Just finished A Little Bit of History Repeating and really enjoyed it. Very well written and a believable build up, with everyone mostly sounding like themselves. I liked the 'adventure' side of the storytelling too, as though it was focused on relationships, it also had other things happening. Thanks for the recommendation Double Dutchess
    Wow, that was fast! I guess it really was a page turner. You're welcome, I am glad you enjoyed it! Can't help you with pure Cangel fic though...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Priceless (12-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    Wow, that was fast! I guess it really was a page turner. You're welcome, I am glad you enjoyed it! Can't help you with pure Cangel fic though...
    No, no-one can. I feel it's my Holy Grail I may take my search to twitter, wish me luck!

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    I am posting my question about this fic again, hoping, someone has an idea, which story it could be:

flow
    I have no idea, but I wonder if someone at https://seeking-spike.livejournal.com/ would know.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,047 Times in 3,775 Posts

It isn't one that rings any bells for me either flow. Do you know if it was a Spuffy pairing? It might be worth putting the query up at Spuffy Realm too if so, their find-a-fic thread tends to be pretty good.