Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 12 Announced!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,045 Times in 3,346 Posts

I still can't help thinking that adult Giles is either from a different timeline or has been taken from the past and bought forward, thought why they'd need a young and an old Giles I don't know, unless he's somehow central to the story

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Stoney (14-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,763 Times in 1,083 Posts

I don't know how they'll be able to fit all these characters in 4 issues.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

betta (15-05-18),DeepBlueJoy (15-05-18),Priceless (15-05-18),TriBel (15-05-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I still can't help thinking that adult Giles is either from a different timeline or has been taken from the past and bought forward, thought why they'd need a young and an old Giles I don't know, unless he's somehow central to the story
    Angel: Hey, Giles, you're old again!
    Giles: Long story, that. Anyway, you say there's attack from the future?

Done and done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    Angel: Hey, Giles, you're old again!
    Giles: Long story, that. Anyway, you say there's attack from the future?

Done and done.
    Lol, but I need the deets It's too important to happen off screen.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (15-05-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

I'm afraid you'll have to buy the upcoming Giles miniseries for that. On sale December 2018!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

betta (15-05-18),DeepBlueJoy (15-05-18),Priceless (15-05-18),Stoney (15-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 863 Posts

BtVS S12: The Reckoning #3

My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (16-05-18),BAF (16-05-18),GoSpuffy (16-05-18),Priceless (16-05-18),Stoney (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,318 Times in 5,050 Posts

Interesting that there are different selections of people fighting with Buffy which could mean different Buffys or just a different artist's take on a battle showing different players because they didn't want to try and do one overall cover. The outfits are all noticeably different, but again, that could just be different artistic choices.

I see that appears to be what the sketch we'd seen of Spike was for and I like their cover fighting together, even though I prefer the style of the third. I assume that is Faith with them.

Slayer
    Thanks

I think it's probably a pick your flavor thing. Spike/Faith/Buffy or Angel/Buffy/Illyria or Fray/Willow/Buffy.

They seem a bit more violent than most covers.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

betta (16-05-18),Stoney (16-05-18),TriBel (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,970 Times in 1,667 Posts

#1 Spike looks decidedly uninterested. #3 Angel, with his broken sword, looks almost sacrificial. # 2 Sorry...they look like angry Funko Pops - big heads/small bodies.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,068 Times in 960 Posts

# 2 Sorry...they look like angry Funko Pops - big heads/small bodies.
    Yeah, I mean what is it with Jeanty and bodily proportions anyway? I find it so off putting.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

TriBel (16-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    Yeah, I mean what is it with Jeanty and bodily proportions anyway? I find it so off putting.
    I'm quite concerned about their centre of gravity. I imagine the greatest threat to them is toppling over!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (16-05-18),Stoney (16-05-18)

Thanks

The scythe looks really short too in all of them, but especially the first one. Though Hans is my favourite. I think all her covers have been the best, she's really captured Buffy and it's good to see Spike fighting

Thanks
    Thanked 3,265 Times in 1,338 Posts

Is this Faith in the first cover?

Why is Spike fighting with his eyes closed?

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    Is this Faith in the first cover?

Why is Spike fighting with his eyes closed?

flow
    TBH, I think there's something "off" in all of them. With the exception of Han's Buffy (and all of Jeanty's characters) the white hats seem a bit expressionless compared to Harth and the demons. In Han's, Faith also appears to be asleep.

Scooby Gang
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 617 Posts

Awesome covers, I like all of them! There's one with Angel, one with Spike and one with Willow (and others) so everybody's happy! Fan service, yay! And hey, check out that Olvikan demon. Is that the resurrected Mayor or something? Olvikan is an old one so it cannot be truly killed. Interesting.

The scythe looks really short too in all of them, but especially the first one.
    The artists just can't seem to get the size of that thing right. It often gets shorter or longer depending on the panel, sometimes it's almost hatchet-sized, sometimes it looks like a small halberd - in the same issue! It's weird because there's a physical prop and lots of shots from the show with Buffy holding it and whatnot that can be used as a reference. I don't know, maybe it's difficult for some reason or maybe the composition of a particular panel is just more important than the accuracy.
    Last edited by a thing of evil; 16-05-18 at 09:47 AM.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

betta (16-05-18),Priceless (16-05-18),Silver1 (16-05-18),Stoney (16-05-18),TriBel (16-05-18)

Thanks

The artists just can't seem to get the size of that thing right. It often gets shorter or longer depending on the panel, sometimes it's almost hatchet-sized, sometimes it looks like a small halberd - in the same issue! It's weird because there's a physical prop and lots of shots from the show with Buffy holding it and whatnot that can be used as a reference. I don't know, maybe it's difficult for some reason or maybe the composition of a particular panel is just more important than the accuracy.
    Maybe perspective plays a part as well, because in the Buffy/Angel/Illyria cover, the scythe looks smaller than Angel's sword.

I do like that the 'couples' are together, but this sort of fan service does not bode well for the story. I'm still thinking there will be different timelines to keep all the fan factions happy.

I also wonder why Spike and Angel aren't in vamp face, even though Spike doesn't have a weapon. But I'm nit-picking, because I really do like all the covers

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (16-05-18)

Thanks

Maybe perspective plays a part as well, because in the Buffy/Angel/Illyria cover, the scythe looks smaller than Angel's sword.

I do like that the 'couples' are together, but this sort of fan service does not bode well for the story. I'm still thinking there will be different timelines to keep all the fan factions happy.

I also wonder why Spike and Angel aren't in vamp face, even though Spike doesn't have a weapon. But I'm nit-picking, because I really do like all the covers
    Are the couples "couples"? Each cover has a triad - a third term. Could Faith "intrude" between Buffy/Spike (Dirty Girls). Could Frillyria do the same with Buffy/Angel? (A11) What of Fray/Buffy/Willow?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Are the couples "couples"? Each cover has a triad - a third term. Could Faith "intrude" between Buffy/Spike (Dirty Girls). Could Frillyria do the same with Buffy/Angel? (A11) What of Fray/Buffy/Willow?
    There are a lot of Fuffy fans out there But it's a very good point TriBel, the three's are interesting. Hasn't Frillyria already intruded between Buffy/Angel, and we've already seen the jealousy/competition between Buffy, Faith and Buffy's boyfriends. Willow/Fray/Buffy is the real powerhouse trio and I imagine it's something these three do that rescues the future somehow, but I have no idea how it's going to play out.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (16-05-18)

Thanks

There are a lot of Fuffy fans out there But it's a very good point TriBel, the three's are interesting. Hasn't Frillyria already intruded between Buffy/Angel, and we've already seen the jealousy/competition between Buffy, Faith and Buffy's boyfriends. Willow/Fray/Buffy is the real powerhouse trio and I imagine it's something these three do that rescues the future somehow, but I have no idea how it's going to play out.
    Hmm...And there are some people who'll hate it. Is it evil if .0001% of me is willing to send Spuffy to the wall for the satisfaction Fuffy would bring me? Total vindictiveness on my part aside (that would be WRONG), what if something similar happens with the second triad - that something one of them does (looking at Willow) is responsible for the break between the others (ie. between Buffy - the present - and Fray - the future).

Please note - the above thoughts are a break from work - permissible on H&S grounds.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Hmm...And there are some people who'll hate it. Is it evil if .0001% of me is willing to send Spuffy to the wall for the satisfaction Fuffy would bring me? Total vindictiveness on my part aside (that would be WRONG), what if something similar happens with the second triad - that something one of them does (looking at Willow) is responsible for the break between the others (ie. between Buffy - the present - and Fray - the future).

Please note - the above thoughts are a break from work - permissible on H&S grounds.
    Sometimes you are callous and strange You wouldn't send Spuffy to the wall for Fuffy . . . for Goux maybe, but not Fuffy. Or is it Riles? I think I prefer Goux, pronounced Goo, which is a sticky mix of all sorts of stuff.

Maybe they are representative of Past (Buffy/Spike/Fatih) Present (Buffy/Angel/Frillyria) Future (Buffy/Willow/Fray) . . . three separate timelines . . . doubtful I know, but it's interesting to think of these things

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (16-05-18)