Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 848

Thread: Season 12 Announced!

  1. #321
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,749
    Thanks
    7,850
    Thanked 7,045 Times in 3,346 Posts

    Default

    I still can't help thinking that adult Giles is either from a different timeline or has been taken from the past and bought forward, thought why they'd need a young and an old Giles I don't know, unless he's somehow central to the story

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    Stoney (14-05-18)

  3. #322
    Moderator Sosa lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    3,143
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 2,763 Times in 1,083 Posts

    Default

    I don't know how they'll be able to fit all these characters in 4 issues.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

    betta (15-05-18),DeepBlueJoy (15-05-18),Priceless (15-05-18),TriBel (15-05-18)

  5. #323
    Slayer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 678 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I still can't help thinking that adult Giles is either from a different timeline or has been taken from the past and bought forward, thought why they'd need a young and an old Giles I don't know, unless he's somehow central to the story
    Angel: Hey, Giles, you're old again!
    Giles: Long story, that. Anyway, you say there's attack from the future?

    Done and done.

  6. #324
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,749
    Thanks
    7,850
    Thanked 7,045 Times in 3,346 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    Angel: Hey, Giles, you're old again!
    Giles: Long story, that. Anyway, you say there's attack from the future?

    Done and done.
    Lol, but I need the deets It's too important to happen off screen.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    betta (15-05-18)

  8. #325
    Slayer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 678 Posts

    Default

    I'm afraid you'll have to buy the upcoming Giles miniseries for that. On sale December 2018!

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

    betta (15-05-18),DeepBlueJoy (15-05-18),Priceless (15-05-18),Stoney (15-05-18)

  10. #326
    Scooby Gang betta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    2,826
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 863 Posts

    Default

    BtVS S12: The Reckoning #3





    My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot


  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

    a thing of evil (16-05-18),BAF (16-05-18),GoSpuffy (16-05-18),Priceless (16-05-18),Stoney (16-05-18)

  12. #327
    Well Spiked Stoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    7,735
    Thanks
    10,279
    Thanked 12,318 Times in 5,050 Posts

    Default

    Interesting that there are different selections of people fighting with Buffy which could mean different Buffys or just a different artist's take on a battle showing different players because they didn't want to try and do one overall cover. The outfits are all noticeably different, but again, that could just be different artistic choices.

    I see that appears to be what the sketch we'd seen of Spike was for and I like their cover fighting together, even though I prefer the style of the third. I assume that is Faith with them.

  13. #328
    Slayer
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 678 Posts

    Default

    I think it's probably a pick your flavor thing. Spike/Faith/Buffy or Angel/Buffy/Illyria or Fray/Willow/Buffy.

    They seem a bit more violent than most covers.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

    betta (16-05-18),Stoney (16-05-18),TriBel (16-05-18)

  15. #329
    Slayer TriBel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    1,383
    Thanks
    3,815
    Thanked 3,970 Times in 1,667 Posts

    Default

    #1 Spike looks decidedly uninterested. #3 Angel, with his broken sword, looks almost sacrificial. # 2 Sorry...they look like angry Funko Pops - big heads/small bodies.

  16. #330
    Slayer
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,447
    Thanks
    3,720
    Thanked 2,068 Times in 960 Posts

    Default

    # 2 Sorry...they look like angry Funko Pops - big heads/small bodies.
    Yeah, I mean what is it with Jeanty and bodily proportions anyway? I find it so off putting.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

    TriBel (16-05-18)

  18. #331
    Slayer TriBel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    1,383
    Thanks
    3,815
    Thanked 3,970 Times in 1,667 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    Yeah, I mean what is it with Jeanty and bodily proportions anyway? I find it so off putting.
    I'm quite concerned about their centre of gravity. I imagine the greatest threat to them is toppling over!

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

    Silver1 (16-05-18),Stoney (16-05-18)

  20. #332
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,749
    Thanks
    7,850
    Thanked 7,045 Times in 3,346 Posts

    Default

    The scythe looks really short too in all of them, but especially the first one. Though Hans is my favourite. I think all her covers have been the best, she's really captured Buffy and it's good to see Spike fighting

  21. #333
    Slayer flow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,371
    Thanks
    3,245
    Thanked 3,265 Times in 1,338 Posts

    Default

    Is this Faith in the first cover?

    Why is Spike fighting with his eyes closed?

    flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

    Will you just hold me ?

  22. #334
    Slayer TriBel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    1,383
    Thanks
    3,815
    Thanked 3,970 Times in 1,667 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    Is this Faith in the first cover?

    Why is Spike fighting with his eyes closed?

    flow
    TBH, I think there's something "off" in all of them. With the exception of Han's Buffy (and all of Jeanty's characters) the white hats seem a bit expressionless compared to Harth and the demons. In Han's, Faith also appears to be asleep.

  23. #335
    Scooby Gang
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    936
    Thanks
    1,047
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Awesome covers, I like all of them! There's one with Angel, one with Spike and one with Willow (and others) so everybody's happy! Fan service, yay! And hey, check out that Olvikan demon. Is that the resurrected Mayor or something? Olvikan is an old one so it cannot be truly killed. Interesting.

    The scythe looks really short too in all of them, but especially the first one.
    The artists just can't seem to get the size of that thing right. It often gets shorter or longer depending on the panel, sometimes it's almost hatchet-sized, sometimes it looks like a small halberd - in the same issue! It's weird because there's a physical prop and lots of shots from the show with Buffy holding it and whatnot that can be used as a reference. I don't know, maybe it's difficult for some reason or maybe the composition of a particular panel is just more important than the accuracy.
    Last edited by a thing of evil; 16-05-18 at 09:47 AM.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

    betta (16-05-18),Priceless (16-05-18),Silver1 (16-05-18),Stoney (16-05-18),TriBel (16-05-18)

  25. #336
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,749
    Thanks
    7,850
    Thanked 7,045 Times in 3,346 Posts

    Default

    The artists just can't seem to get the size of that thing right. It often gets shorter or longer depending on the panel, sometimes it's almost hatchet-sized, sometimes it looks like a small halberd - in the same issue! It's weird because there's a physical prop and lots of shots from the show with Buffy holding it and whatnot that can be used as a reference. I don't know, maybe it's difficult for some reason or maybe the composition of a particular panel is just more important than the accuracy.
    Maybe perspective plays a part as well, because in the Buffy/Angel/Illyria cover, the scythe looks smaller than Angel's sword.

    I do like that the 'couples' are together, but this sort of fan service does not bode well for the story. I'm still thinking there will be different timelines to keep all the fan factions happy.

    I also wonder why Spike and Angel aren't in vamp face, even though Spike doesn't have a weapon. But I'm nit-picking, because I really do like all the covers

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    TriBel (16-05-18)

  27. #337
    Slayer TriBel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    1,383
    Thanks
    3,815
    Thanked 3,970 Times in 1,667 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Maybe perspective plays a part as well, because in the Buffy/Angel/Illyria cover, the scythe looks smaller than Angel's sword.

    I do like that the 'couples' are together, but this sort of fan service does not bode well for the story. I'm still thinking there will be different timelines to keep all the fan factions happy.

    I also wonder why Spike and Angel aren't in vamp face, even though Spike doesn't have a weapon. But I'm nit-picking, because I really do like all the covers
    Are the couples "couples"? Each cover has a triad - a third term. Could Faith "intrude" between Buffy/Spike (Dirty Girls). Could Frillyria do the same with Buffy/Angel? (A11) What of Fray/Buffy/Willow?

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (16-05-18)

  29. #338
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,749
    Thanks
    7,850
    Thanked 7,045 Times in 3,346 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Are the couples "couples"? Each cover has a triad - a third term. Could Faith "intrude" between Buffy/Spike (Dirty Girls). Could Frillyria do the same with Buffy/Angel? (A11) What of Fray/Buffy/Willow?
    There are a lot of Fuffy fans out there But it's a very good point TriBel, the three's are interesting. Hasn't Frillyria already intruded between Buffy/Angel, and we've already seen the jealousy/competition between Buffy, Faith and Buffy's boyfriends. Willow/Fray/Buffy is the real powerhouse trio and I imagine it's something these three do that rescues the future somehow, but I have no idea how it's going to play out.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    TriBel (16-05-18)

  31. #339
    Slayer TriBel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    1,383
    Thanks
    3,815
    Thanked 3,970 Times in 1,667 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    There are a lot of Fuffy fans out there But it's a very good point TriBel, the three's are interesting. Hasn't Frillyria already intruded between Buffy/Angel, and we've already seen the jealousy/competition between Buffy, Faith and Buffy's boyfriends. Willow/Fray/Buffy is the real powerhouse trio and I imagine it's something these three do that rescues the future somehow, but I have no idea how it's going to play out.
    Hmm...And there are some people who'll hate it. Is it evil if .0001% of me is willing to send Spuffy to the wall for the satisfaction Fuffy would bring me? Total vindictiveness on my part aside (that would be WRONG), what if something similar happens with the second triad - that something one of them does (looking at Willow) is responsible for the break between the others (ie. between Buffy - the present - and Fray - the future).

    Please note - the above thoughts are a break from work - permissible on H&S grounds.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (16-05-18)

  33. #340
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,749
    Thanks
    7,850
    Thanked 7,045 Times in 3,346 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    Hmm...And there are some people who'll hate it. Is it evil if .0001% of me is willing to send Spuffy to the wall for the satisfaction Fuffy would bring me? Total vindictiveness on my part aside (that would be WRONG), what if something similar happens with the second triad - that something one of them does (looking at Willow) is responsible for the break between the others (ie. between Buffy - the present - and Fray - the future).

    Please note - the above thoughts are a break from work - permissible on H&S grounds.
    Sometimes you are callous and strange You wouldn't send Spuffy to the wall for Fuffy . . . for Goux maybe, but not Fuffy. Or is it Riles? I think I prefer Goux, pronounced Goo, which is a sticky mix of all sorts of stuff.

    Maybe they are representative of Past (Buffy/Spike/Fatih) Present (Buffy/Angel/Frillyria) Future (Buffy/Willow/Fray) . . . three separate timelines . . . doubtful I know, but it's interesting to think of these things

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    TriBel (16-05-18)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •