Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 12 Announced!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,869 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Which makes sense if Harth is talking about his slayer dreams, and Buffy is dreaming of loving The Slayer of Slayers, and he is connected to Willow in that they are both scoobies. So is Harth talking as though he's Buffy, and if so, why does Buffy see herself as Spike? Hope that makes some sort of sense

- - - Updated - - -

And why is Willow dressed like Dru?
    I remember fighting you. In the dream, you hurt me. Not just fighting... you're connected to someone I love. And that's the one, the Slayers of Slayers. That's who I'm in the dream.

Okay - all I can think of is this: Doubles. Harth and Fray are twins; Giles is "doubled" his mature mind/his younger body; Angel has Angelus (I presumed they were unified in A 11); Illyria is also Fred; Slayer of Slayers fits both Buffy and Spike. What if the heroes who walk through the gate aren't singular? Willow has Dark Willow. If the baby is Dander then it - well it's Dawn and Xander. The alphabet stopped at W (Double You). Sorry - know it sounds bizarre but it only takes a conjoining spell! There's also W - 11 on the car - Double You too? (can't do anything with the other - unless it's an Audi R-8 - in which case, there's one for sale on ebay!) Willow dressed as Dru - a loved one for each Slayer of Slayers. Sorry - sounds convoluted but it's the best I can do!

Oh I don't bloody know.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-06-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 Times in 2,644 Posts

I can't help but wonder that if Harth has the slayer dreams, why can't he recognise that Willow (who has appeared in Buffy's slayer dreams) and Dark Willow are the same person?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,153 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    Ohh -- I didn't know this was from Time of Your Life (which I haven't read but will now.) I thought it was a teaser panel from S12..
    Yeah, sorry, my bad. Sometimes I do things in a rush, and end up forgetting to add the source...
    My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by betta View Post
    Oh, the loved one is Willow, OK, because Harth thinks DW and Will are two different people.

- - - Updated - - -

Slayer of Slayers: could it mean like "King of Queens"? And not the one who kills Slayers, but the one who is The Slayer among a bunch of others?
    I think it means person who ended the slayer line.

Thanks

I can't help but wonder that if Harth has the slayer dreams, why can't he recognise that Willow (who has appeared in Buffy's slayer dreams) and Dark Willow are the same person?
    I think it's because in this especific dream, he, as Buffy, sees himself fighting the woman he knows as The Mad Woman. And he only feels Buffy loves someone connected to The Mad Woman/Dark Willow.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-06-18)

Scooby Gang
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 464 Posts

I can't help but wonder that if Harth has the slayer dreams, why can't he recognise that Willow
    Perhaps because Buffy's/slayers' memories were altered to conceal Willow's identity or existence? Maybe that's why she's dressed like Dru?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-06-18)

Thanks

Did you not see my ? All I know is dreams involve condensation and displacement. A dream couldn't necessarily represent "mad" - it's too abstract. It could however represent a person as a mad women by disguising her as a known mad woman - ie. Dru.

Alternatively - Buffy's conscious mind might not want to admit Will's mad - it's her unconscious showing her she is.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-06-18),Stoney (13-06-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 569 Posts

And he's never met Willow and has no reason to think they'd be the same person. He's working off a dream he had. I'm sure if you stood them side by side, he'd get it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

betta (13-06-18)

Scooby Gang
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 464 Posts

Hmm....

If they're gonna go full bangel with Buffy and Willow I hope those two at least bang first or something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by betta View Post
    Yeah, sorry, my bad. Sometimes I do things in a rush, and end up forgetting to add the source...
    Oh no worries at all Thanks for sharing, I'm just intrigued now by TOYL, and wonder how this will all play out.
    I want the fire back. - Buffy Summers

Thanks
    Thanked 3,635 Times in 1,709 Posts

Guys, it's not like the collective Slayer memory has ever been depicted as semantic or episodic memory, they can't just go in and pull names and dates and faces like Cmdr Data. Harth having that part of Melaka's legacy does not create a plot error just because he doesn't recognize Willow on sight, never has.

Banner by LRae12

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KingofCretins For This Useful Post:

betta (13-06-18),Silver1 (13-06-18),Skippcomet (13-06-18)

Thanks

Buffy's Reckoning In Season 12

Jun 13, 2018
    by Vince Brusio

The time for rest and relaxation is over, as Christos Gage hops on board to co-write with Joss Whedon Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #1 (APR180011) for Dark Horse Comics. In this PREVIEWSworld Exclusive interview, Gage explains that he and Whedon are about to write some impossible stuff. Earth-shattering apocalyptic stuff. It may just give the artists migraines. So grab some Tylenol, and read on, fiends!

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #1 (APR180011) is in comic shops June 20.

Vince Brusio: Season 12 takes place a year after we last saw Buffy and the Scoobies battling a big bad. It sounds like they had the opportunity to take a break. What did that down time look like? Have they had a chance to reflect on what they do, and if it’s still worth doing?

Christos Gage: Things have progressed in their lives, in different ways for each character. Without an apocalypse or Big Bad attacking, they've had a chance to spend more time thinking about what they want their future to look like. Some of the changes are bigger than others...for instance, SOMEONE'S got a baby! We see Buffy holding it right on the cover. Is it hers? Dawn and Xander's? Willow's? Harmony and Clem's? Okay, probably not that last one.

Vince Brusio: In this first issue, we’re said to expect the return of Fray. What’s the special occasion? How is this indicative of where the story will take us in Season 12?

Christos Gage: We're finally dealing head-on with something referred to as ancient history in the future-set Fray comic Joss wrote a few years back, which leads to the end of Slayers for two hundred years. It's this huge battle against the massed forces of evil...and it will affect not only our time but Fray's future time period as well.

Vince Brusio: “The Reckoning” is being touted as “the culmination of all the Buffy seasons.” That is one tall order, to say the least. Can you give us a heads-up on how such a massive feat will be executed?

Christos Gage: Well, Joss and I got together and talked about what we wanted to accomplish, and there was general agreement that Fray's world has been set up like this almost "Days of Future Past"/Ragnarok type future that the Buffyverse was headed towards, springing out of a huge apocalyptic battle that led to all Slayers and most supernatural creatures being banished from Earth. So we figured that to NEVER show that or address it was kind of a cop-out. Plus something that huge was a great reason to get all the characters together. As to how it will be executed, we'll write impossible stuff, and Georges Jeanty and Karl Story and the rest of our amazing team will somehow make it real.

Vince Brusio: If you could geek out over a particular scene in issue #1, what would it be? Why does this scene strike you as special?

Christos Gage: Gotta go with Buffy and the baby. Whose baby is it? What does it mean to Buffy and her life? And everybody else's? You'll have to wait and see.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (13-06-18),BAF (14-06-18),Double Dutchess (14-06-18),GoSpuffy (14-06-18),Priceless (14-06-18),SpuffyGlitz (14-06-18),Stoney (14-06-18),TriBel (13-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    I remember fighting you. In the dream, you hurt me. Not just fighting... you're connected to someone I love. And that's the one, the Slayers of Slayers. That's who I'm in the dream.

Okay - all I can think of is this: Doubles. Harth and Fray are twins; Giles is "doubled" his mature mind/his younger body; Angel has Angelus (I presumed they were unified in A 11); Illyria is also Fred; Slayer of Slayers fits both Buffy and Spike. What if the heroes who walk through the gate aren't singular? Willow has Dark Willow. If the baby is Dander then it - well it's Dawn and Xander. The alphabet stopped at W (Double You). Sorry - know it sounds bizarre but it only takes a conjoining spell! There's also W - 11 on the car - Double You too? (can't do anything with the other - unless it's an Audi R-8 - in which case, there's one for sale on ebay!) Willow dressed as Dru - a loved one for each Slayer of Slayers. Sorry - sounds convoluted but it's the best I can do!

Oh I don't bloody know.
    I really love this idea, and it links with the idea that the characters essences will be carried forward and that's why the Fray's look very similar to our scoobies in the present.

Doubles are important in Fray because of Harth and Melaka and how the Slayer side is split. Can Mel be a real/proper slayer if she doesn't have all the slayer powers and can Harth be fully vampire if he shares the slayer dreams? Wouldn't those dreams make him more 'human' because he wouldn't simply be dreaming of killing but also of saving and caring and living a human life. (Yeah you can probably tell I'm going toward Mel and Harth being perhaps the doubles of Buffy and Spike - and didn't Harth kiss or show some sexual attraction towards Mel in one of the comics?)

So many of the characters are doubles or contain more than one version of themselves, Angel/Angelus, Fred/Illyria. Spike/William, Girl/Slayer, Giles Man/Child, Watcher/Father, Willow/Dark Willow - it's a running theme throughout the show and I think that Harth/Mel personify the duality Joss is obviously interested in.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

flow (14-06-18),Stoney (14-06-18),TriBel (14-06-18)

Thanks

"On today’s Stack we’ve got reviews for Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 12 #1 (out June 20th), Hawkman #1, Plastic Man #1, Stellar #1, Weatherman #1, By Night #1, Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk #2, and Thor #1! (Buffy - first 3-4 minutes - doesn't say a great deal).

http://comicbookclublive.com/2018/06...uffy-and-more/

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (14-06-18),BAF (14-06-18),betta (14-06-18),Double Dutchess (14-06-18),GoSpuffy (14-06-18),Priceless (14-06-18),SpuffyGlitz (14-06-18),Stoney (14-06-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    "On today’s Stack we’ve got reviews for Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 12 #1 (out June 20th), Hawkman #1, Plastic Man #1, Stellar #1, Weatherman #1, By Night #1, Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk #2, and Thor #1! (Buffy - first 3-4 minutes - doesn't say a great deal).

http://comicbookclublive.com/2018/06...uffy-and-more/
    Well 'if you like Buffy, you'll like this' is pretty positive. I liked the last little bit, when they mention 'dealing with exes, are you two okay,' - that actually gladdens my heart to hear that But they obviously know nothing about Buffy

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (14-06-18),Double Dutchess (14-06-18),SpuffyGlitz (14-06-18),Stoney (14-06-18),TriBel (14-06-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 984 Posts

I transcribed the Buffy comic part.

They don't say much.They say,"'Never stop chucking' is the big take away from Buffy # 1.They also say that if you like Buffy you will like this.It's truly like a TV show in comic book form.""It's fun with great character voices.It's fun to see where the characters are now and what they're deeling with.The whole thing about ex's and is everything okay with you two.""It feels like a classic Buffy comic."

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

betta (14-06-18),Double Dutchess (14-06-18),GoSpuffy (14-06-18),Priceless (14-06-18),SpuffyGlitz (14-06-18),Stoney (14-06-18),TriBel (14-06-18)

Thanks

Buffy to Angel (?): Everything OK with you, too?

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (14-06-18),Priceless (14-06-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 984 Posts

Christos Gage will be doing a Slayalive Q/A for the end of Buffy season 12.So for issue 4.

http://slayalive.com/showthread.php/...108#post126108

So, some good news. I reached out to Christos Gage about continuing to do Q&As with us and he's agreed to do one for commemorate the finale of finales. So stay tuned for an exclusive Q&A with the man when Issue #4 comes out in September!

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (14-06-18),betta (14-06-18),Double Dutchess (14-06-18),Priceless (14-06-18),Stoney (14-06-18)

Thanks

Two or too?

Library Researcher Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BAF View Post
    I transcribed the Buffy comic part.

They don't say much.They say,"'Never stop chucking' is the big take away from Buffy # 1.They also say that if you like Buffy you will like this.It's truly like a TV show in comic book form.""It's fun with great character voices.It's fun to see where the characters are now and what they're deeling with.The whole thing about ex's and is everything okay with you two.""It feels like a classic Buffy comic."
    Thanks BAF!

But "Never stop chucking", what does that mean?