Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 12 Announced!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,246 Times in 960 Posts

Priceless

Maybe perspective plays a part as well, because in the Buffy/Angel/Illyria cover, the scythe looks smaller than Angel's sword

Except Angel's sword is broken - do you know how much fun I could have with that? I'm vindicating my vindictiveness all round today! Spike doesn't need a "visible" weapon - he's armed with, and armoured by, Buffy's love.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

flow (16-05-18),GoSpuffy (17-05-18),Priceless (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,160 Posts

Except Angel's sword is broken - do you know how much fun I could have with that? I'm vindicating my vindictiveness all round today! Spike doesn't need a "visible" weapon - he's armed with, and armoured by, Buffy's love.
    I love this post. The forum won't let me give you anymore reputation or I would have. Armed with and armoured by Buffy's love *sigh

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 723 Posts

Now I have noticed, that all three of them have their eyes closed in the first cover. I wonder, if it is a coincidence or if they have to fight blindly?

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18),TriBel (16-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    Now I have noticed, that all three of them have their eyes closed in the first cover. I wonder, if it is a coincidence or if they have to fight blindly?

flow
    I've tweeted Stephanie Hans to ask her why they've all got their eyes closed, though not sure she'll answer me

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

flow (16-05-18),TriBel (16-05-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,461 Times in 947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by betta View Post
    BtVS S12: The Reckoning #3

Yeah,I figured the Spike image teased last month was just one part of the cover.

What's the link to these?I always like to link to the source when I repost these elsewhere.
    Last edited by BAF; 16-05-18 at 01:46 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,713 Times in 692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAF View Post
    Yeah,I figured the Spike image teased last month was just one part of the cover.

What's the link to these?I always like to link to the source when I repost these elsewhere.
    It's from Tumblr The Comic Slayer, but she NEVER gives the source for the things she post, so...
    My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

BAF (16-05-18),debbicles (18-05-18),SpuffyGlitz (03-06-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by betta View Post
    It's from Tumblr The Comic Slayer, but she NEVER gives the source for the things she post, so...
    Thanks.I'll just keep it linked to here then

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Sometimes you are callous and strange You wouldn't send Spuffy to the wall for Fuffy . . . for Goux maybe, but not Fuffy. Or is it Riles? I think I prefer Goux, pronounced Goo, which is a sticky mix of all sorts of stuff.

Maybe they are representative of Past (Buffy/Spike/Fatih) Present (Buffy/Angel/Frillyria) Future (Buffy/Willow/Fray) . . . three separate timelines . . . doubtful I know, but it's interesting to think of these things
    I'm callous when needs must - when certain people make me callous (which normally goes along with pretentious). I'm always strange. If BSF are "blind" would it make more sense to have them in the future (can't see what's gonna happen sort of thing)? Who's the big Ogre dude about to eat Illyria Anyone of your acquaintance?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    I'm callous when needs must - when certain people make me callous (which normally goes along with pretentious). I'm always strange. If BSF are "blind" would it make more sense to have them in the future (can't see what's gonna happen sort of thing)? Who's the big Ogre dude about to eat Illyria Anyone of your acquaintance?
    He definitely looks familiar He's a horned vampire, so must be old

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (16-05-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,761 Times in 4,059 Posts

I'm not sure their eyes are closed and they aren't just all looking down. If you look at Pricey's banner, which uses the Spike image that was spoiled, the eyes don't look closed. Of course that could have been amended, but it could be more about 'raising' them against those below that they are fighting against. Gaze tends to reveal power dynamics and the demons/baddies are all looking up and Faith is even skewering one in the eye.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18),Silver1 (16-05-18),SpuffyGlitz (03-06-18)

Thanks

He definitely looks familiar He's a horned vampire, so must be old
    Oh Duh! Vampire! There's me thinking he was just in need of a good orthodontist. We had Boluz and Vrill plus Neauth in Fray. They're all old ones. Plus Illyria.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I'm not sure their eyes are closed and they aren't just all looking down. If you look at Pricey's banner, which uses the Spike image that was spoiled, the eyes don't look closed. Of course that could have been amended, but it could be more about 'raising' them against those below that they are fighting against. Gaze tends to reveal power dynamics and the demons/baddies are all looking up and Faith is even skewering one in the eye.
    No - I'm not sure their eyes are meant to be shut - it's just the way they're drawn. That said, Faith stabbing one in the eye is interesting. You never see Harth's eyes. In fact there are 9 characters on that first cover and only one really apparent eye. Maybe Hans just isn't good at eyes.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18),Priceless (16-05-18)

Thanks

Stephanie Hans replied to me, (I commented on her cover) though she didn't answer the question about the closed eyes. She replied 'where did you see it ? I haven't seen the preview yet', so doubt she's going to get back to me

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (16-05-18)

Thanks

Stephanie Hans replied to me, (I commented on her cover) though she didn't answer the question about the closed eyes. She replied 'where did you see it ? I haven't seen the preview yet', so doubt she's going to get back to me
    I can't tell you how much that's made me laugh Really there's no emoji that can do justice to it! It didn't help I'd got a mouthful of cake and custard when I read it! It's bloody hysterical.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (17-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    I can't tell you how much that's made me laugh Really there's no emoji that can do justice to it! It didn't help I'd got a mouthful of cake and custard when I read it! It's bloody hysterical.
    'doubt she's gonna get back to me' Sorry about the cake and custard

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (17-05-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

We got the covers yesterday for Buffy S12 # 3.

Now here's the solicitation.

https://www.newsarama.com/39985-earl...ark-horse.html

Spoiler:
    Joss Whedon! Christos Gage!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #3 (of 4)

Christos Gage (W), Joss Whedon (W), Georges Jeanty (P/Variant cover), Karl Story (I), Dan Jackson (C), Stephanie Hans (Cover), and Scott Fischer (Ultra variant cover)

On sale Aug 22
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.99
    Miniseries

The battle against future vampire and Slayer twin, Harth, and his legion of evil, has already begun in the present when Buffy, Fray, and the Scoobies return from the future ready to fight. The Reckoning is now, and if the future can be changed, it will take everything that Buffy has to save the Slayers and our world.
    • The Reckoning will be the culmination of all the Buffy Seasons!

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (18-05-18),debbicles (18-05-18),Priceless (18-05-18),Silver1 (18-05-18),Stoney (18-05-18)

Thanks

I'm not sure I like these covers very much. The cover art is usually superior to the storyboard work in the past but these drawings don't make me feel inspired. Angel and Illyria look great, but what on earth is going on with our Faith? Buffy is..ok... but Spike? Doesn't look like the Spike from (say) any of the season 10 covers. I mean, you can tell who it's supposed to be but I think it's quite a poor likeness. Thumbs down.

And is that Ronnie the Sluggoth making a guest cameo? More penis-dentata monsters to send TriBel into further speculation about the themes.

PS. Count yourselves lucky I didn't use the phrase "wild frenzy". Oh, wait, whoops I just did.
    Last edited by debbicles; 18-05-18 at 06:24 AM.
    You know what I am. You've always known. You come to me all the same.

"There's a lot of comedy to be gotten from the world's doom spiral right now." Tracey Ullman, June 2018

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbicles For This Useful Post:

Stoney (18-05-18),TriBel (18-05-18)

Scooby Gang
    Thanks

So if season 12 is supposed to be the culmination of all of the Buffy seasons then Harth is, what, the ultimate big bad, the final boss of the Buffyverse? That is so lame, I mean, he's such a...nobody.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18)

Thanks

You know, I've just realised who the Spike on that cover reminds me of: someone from an 80s boy band, either Duran Duran or Spandau Ballet. Given I wasn't a big fan of either, I'm more than a little disappointed.
    Bring back Night Fever Spike - he was recognisably our guy. And then some.
    You know what I am. You've always known. You come to me all the same.

"There's a lot of comedy to be gotten from the world's doom spiral right now." Tracey Ullman, June 2018

35. The Following User Says Thank You to debbicles For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (18-05-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    So if season 12 is supposed to be the culmination of all of the Buffy seasons then Harth is, what, the ultimate big bad, the final boss of the Buffyverse? That is so lame, I mean, he's such a...nobody.
    Ha...Harth has "Angel" hair. I'm looking for an emoji that's tapping the side of its nose but there isn't one. At the end of A11, Angel wanders off with Fred to a hotel (that isn't haunted [by his past]) just before Twilight. Hotels are transient places, temporary stops. I always thought the mirror that showed his reflection was a way of saying he's a "good man". What if the bad man (Twilight/Angelus) was stuck in a different timeline? That would make sense of Illyria's comment "You're no longer a God" - the evil God aligns with Angelus (always has done). Sorry - that's all I've got - Angel hair and a tendency to over-read.

debbicles
    You know, I've just realised who the Spike on that cover reminds me of: someone from an 80s boy band, either Duran Duran or Spandau Ballet. Given I wasn't a big fan of either, I'm more than a little disappointed.
    Bring back Night Fever Spike - he was recognisably our guy. And then some.
    - a similar remark was made "elsewhere"
    Last edited by TriBel; 18-05-18 at 12:06 PM.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18)

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 580 Posts

TriBel, why can’t you just accept that Angel’s reflection in season 11 was an error? Do you think Angel’s reflection is a permanent part of the story now? Do you think that if Spike becomes a “good man” he will get a reflection too?

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vampire in Rug For This Useful Post:

debbicles (18-05-18),Lostsoul666 (18-05-18)