Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Season 12 Announced!

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,650 Times in 806 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    But don't you think the comic does make Andrew more likeable than the tv show did? I am not an Andrew fan, but I do prefer his character in the comic then in the show. I also like Faith & Angel S9 and part of that is the inclusion of the Giles aunts. They are interesting, and I like how they give more of an insight into Giles. I don't think the scythe and the Guardians have been really investigated in the comics, so I'm not sure I agree with that one.
    No, not really. In the comics he abused Buffy's body without her consent. How much more awful can this little idiot get?

Giles a character they de-aged and then aged just like that. The aunts who were written imo as very one dimensional.

Also can you quote any sharp/clever lines from the comics that are as witty/punchy as the TV show, because i can't.
    Last edited by Silver1; 18-09-18 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,815 Times in 2,806 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    Not really. Is Andrew really different than the show at all? Sure, they outed him as gay, but I wouldn't say he's more likeable.

And yes, they did nothing with the Guardians--I don't think they were even mentioned once--and we got no storyline on the creation of the scythe. Arguably the biggest dropped ball on the expanding the mythology front. Instead they wasted time on malokor and archaeus, which amounted to zip.
    I enjoyed Archaeus But who knows, the Guardians might get a panel at the end of S12.

- - - Updated - - -

Also can you quote any sharp/clever lines from the comics that are as witty/punchy as the TV show, because i can't.
    Buffy - I love you too

That line kept me happy for days maybe not witty or punchy, but absolutely fantastic and fulfilled everything I wanted from the Buffy/Spike relationship.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (18-09-18),TriBel (18-09-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

Buffy - I love you too
    So...thats a no then.

Imo the dialogue in the comics is heavy handed and leaden. Also not in the slightest bit witty or clever, something that the show was known for. Thats why I've always disliked the comics as they gave a false impression of what the original show was like quality wise.
    Last edited by Silver1; 18-09-18 at 08:03 PM.

Scooby Gang
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 489 Posts

Challenge accepted!

Whotothehow to the hammina?

We're like gingerbread men at weight-loss camp.

If that's not a recipe for an ill-conceived one-night stand, then I don't know my H.G.O.G.A. cookbook.

Wiccans to the rear. Slayers...F*%# 'em up.

Eat their f*%#ing ovaries!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

betta (18-09-18),flow (18-09-18),Priceless (18-09-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    Challenge accepted!

Whotothehow to the hammina?

We're like gingerbread men at weight-loss camp.

If that's not a recipe for an ill-conceived one-night stand, then I don't know my H.G.O.G.A. cookbook.

Wiccans to the rear. Slayers...F*%# 'em up.

Eat their f*%#ing ovaries!
    Oh god thats dire.....

Scooby Gang
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 489 Posts

I knew you'd say that

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

Priceless (18-09-18),Silver1 (18-09-18),TriBel (18-09-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    I knew you'd say that
    Well you got to admit I'm consistent.......which is more then be said for the comics.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (18-09-18),TriBel (18-09-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,174 Times in 841 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    But don't you think the comic does make Andrew more likeable than the tv show did? I am not an Andrew fan, but I do prefer his character in the comic then in the show. I also like Faith & Angel S9 and part of that is the inclusion of the Giles aunts. They are interesting, and I like how they give more of an insight into Giles. I don't think the scythe and the Guardians have been really investigated in the comics, so I'm not sure I agree with that one.

And Faith, who had a huge development in the comics. On the show - that prison stunt of hers didn't convince me a bit; then, she escaped and didn't show ANY remorse for her past deeds. Faith arrived in Sunnydale ready to party and hook up with guys, completely oblivious about all the things she did to the Scoobies. And, of course, tried to take Buffy's place when the chance was presented to her (yes, she could very well have NOT started the attack on Buffy, and say NO to the proposition to replace her). In the comics, she has become a much better person, a better Slayer and a better friend. It was the biggest mistake to end the run ofAngel & Faith.
    My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

13. The Following User Says Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

Priceless (18-09-18)