Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Things, I don`t like to read in fanfics....

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,648 Times in 804 Posts

If I remember correctly author Christopher Golden used a simular gag in his book 'The Lost Slayer', where to get information Buffy tortures Spike and then kills him.

Library Researcher Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    One more thing I hate - although they did it in the comics as well - is either Buffy and whoever or Dawn and whoever naming their first daughter Joyce. If my mother had named me after one of my grandmoms, I`d never had forgiven her. Why should a newly born being be burdened with the name of a deceased?
    In The Netherlands it used to be very common for people to be named after their grandparents (or parents). You had entire families with the same first names being passed on for generations. Of course usually these names were given while the (grand)parents in question were still alive. But it's a much less common practice now, and mostly limited to second names.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    If I remember correctly author Christopher Golden used a simular gag in his book 'The Lost Slayer', where to get information Buffy tortures Spike and then kills him.
    Really? That surprises me. I wouldn't have expected Spike to be killed off in any of those books, non-canon as they may have been. Also, I agree with flow that doing such a thing would make Buffy a monster and surely that wouldn't be the image they wanted to create. But then again I have only read very few of those books, so I guess I've never realised how fanficcy they could get.

Thanks

Wow. I am just...is amused the right word? by reading through this whole thread. Almost every single thing you've all listed is something I either love to read in fanfic or will unabashedly use in my own future stories.

Spike will always refer to characters as Glinda and whelp and so on, always!

I will continue to include claims, that Spike smells like cigarettes, whiskey and something uniquely him, and I will do my best to bash Riley.

I will use phrases such as 'the blonde Slayer' and 'the brunette boy' and 'the ensouled vampire' until I can no longer write due to onset arthritis!

And I can't help but wonder how you guys even find stories. From what I know, most stories (particularly Spuffy) have at least a handful of these in them. But go you if you can!

That being said, I have a few myself;

All Human - if I wanted that, I would read, idk, Veronica Mars fanfic.
    MPreg.
    BDSM - but only because I'm just not into the whole scene.

That's it. Those are my only limits. It makes finding good stories a lot easier, I'm just saying

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Puppet For This Useful Post:

bespangled (11-11-18),flow (11-11-18),GoSpuffy (11-11-18),Priceless (11-11-18),Sosa lola (11-11-18),SpuffyGlitz (11-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 951 Posts

silver1:
    I`ve never ever read any of the Tales of A Slayer books but I`ve just looked up the summary of the one you`ve mentioned on Wikipedia. Yes, it`s true that Buffy tortures Spike in this story as well, although I am surprised that the writer got permission to do that. Not only for the sake of Spike but also for the sake of Buffy. If I understood it correctly, those books are not canon but got some kind of overview by Joss Whedon?

Puppet:
    That being said, I have a few myself;

All Human - if I wanted that, I would read, idk, Veronica Mars fanfic.
    MPreg.
    Yeah, those are my No-Goes as well. But there is no rule without exemption. Have you read Thursday`s Child by zabjade? It`s a mpreg fic where Buffy impregnates Spike while they are both under some weird demonic mating spell. It`s written so well, that the writer made me buy it all. You should look at it. I`ve also read an All Human fic once, where Spike and Buffy are twins, who have an incestous affair. That was very well written as well, but I forgot who wrote it or what the title was.

Puppet:
    Spike smells like cigarettes, whiskey and something uniquely him
    Considering that he is a heavy drinker and a chain smoker it is probably Canon, that he smells like cigarrettes and whiskey. I don`t know about the uniquely him smell, though. Does anybody have a uniquely him or her smell, if you take away the soap, shampoo or perfume?

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,648 Times in 804 Posts

I`ve never ever read any of the Tales of A Slayer books but I`ve just looked up the summary of the one you`ve mentioned on Wikipedia. Yes, it`s true that Buffy tortures Spike in this story as well, although I am surprised that the writer got permission to do that. Not only for the sake of Spike but also for the sake of Buffy. If I understood it correctly, those books are not canon but got some kind of overview by Joss Whedon?
    I think so. Even though I'm a Spike fan I loved that mini series.As the show (I think) had ended by then I was desperate for more stuff and this extremely dark and twisted take on the Buffyverse filled the void nicely. To this day I still remember his description of Drus death, twirling and laughing in the fire, and the shock Spike experienced when he realised he wasn't going to be able to talk his way out of this one.

That and vamp Giles playing the big bad role of course.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

flow (11-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,424 Times in 978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Puppet View Post
    That's it. Those are my only limits. It makes finding good stories a lot easier, I'm just saying

Mine is character bashing. I can read anything except character bashing. I drop the fic in an instant.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

Priceless (11-11-18)