Thread: Jessica Jones Season 2 Trailer

Thanks
    Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,787 Posts

Default Jessica Jones Season 2 Trailer

Loved Season 1 so high hopes for S2

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't that clapping at the end remind anyone of Spike in the alley in School Hard?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Bittersweettwit (07-02-18),GoSpuffy (07-02-18),Stoney (12-02-18),TimeTravellingBunny (08-02-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 647 Posts

I'll be watching S2 for sure.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (08-02-18)

Thanks

I'm rewatching Season 1 and although it's really good and I am enjoying it, it is too long and could have been cut by at least two episodes. I still think it's the best of the Marvel Netflix shows

Bronze Party-Goer HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Had some problems with season 1 (mainly the villain & writing inconsistencies). However, really liked the main characters & the dark gritty Marvel Netflixverse. So am looking forward to season 2.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,367 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    Had some problems with season 1 (mainly the villain & writing inconsistencies). However, really liked the main characters & the dark gritty Marvel Netflixverse. So am looking forward to season 2.
    What problems did you have? Kilgrave is a great villain, one of the best in MCU.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Priceless (24-02-18)

Thanks

Sorry, but disagree. First off, I'm really not a fan of the all powerful kind of villains. Plus the actor seems to 'act' every role the same. Gah! There were some writing inconsistencies. Then there's the part where the one character that they've been saving for like the entire season just offs herself so that Jessica will finally motivate herself to kill Kilgrave. As if she needed any more reason to. Sorry not buying it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,367 Times in 2,040 Posts

Sorry, but disagree. First off, I'm really not a fan of the all powerful kind of villains. Plus the actor seems to 'act' every role the same. Gah! There were some writing inconsistencies. Then there's the part where the one character that they've been saving for like the entire season just offs herself so that Jessica will finally motivate herself to kill Kilgrave. As if she needed any more reason to. Sorry not buying it.
    Yes, it did need to happen. Jessica would not have killed Kigrave otherwise. She did not want to kill him, she wanted to bring him to justice and exonerate Hope for the murder of her parents. Which is exactly why Hope killed herself - to remove that obstacle, as she realised that Kilgrave could never be brought to justice, he is too powerful and impossible to reform or change.

I don't see what writing inconsistencies? Kilgrave's characterization is consistent, and he is also an epitome of unchecked male entitlement. With his power, he could rule the world, but instead he only wants to gratify his immediate petty desires, because he is childish - even his a morality is that of a petulant child.

And how is Tennant supposedly the same in every role? His characters in Dr Who, Broadchurch, Casanova and Jessica Jones are as different as possible, and he was great in all of those roles.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

Season 2 premieres tomorrow!
    I'm really looking forward to this

Thanks

Just watched the first episode of Season 2 and really enjoyed it. It's obviously a set up for the whole season, but it does that really well. There are a lot of laughs to be had too, and some really emotional moments. Patsy got on my nerves slightly, but I just think she's meant to be that busy-body character. If you haven't watched it, I'd recommend it

- - - Updated - - -

Second ep was good. Did anyone else think Malcolm was gay? I don't know why I thought that, but I did. Was that a woman in his bed? It had a womanly shape, but we never saw his/her face . . . I'm just confused.

I don't get wet Bittersweettwit's Avatar
    Thanks

Here are my live and unspoiled thoughts and speculation. Since Netflix released the season at once and everyone is watching at different paces I’m going to put my comments into spoiler tags labelled by episode.

2x01
    Spoiler:
    • Kristen Ritter continues to impress with her nuanced portrayal of Jessica. I love how they can make her an utter ******* towards people, and yet she reveals enough of the vulnerability underneath to allow us to sympathise with her. We can see how much the death of Jessica’s family haunts her to this day, we can see her anger and pain over what Kilgrave did to her, we can see Jessica’s self loathing and internal confusion and doubt.

• I loved the opening scene. Jessica calling the restaurant owner out on her plot to murder and giving her the choice between vigilante and hero was so Jessica . I also loved that they really added layers to it by revealing Jessica’s aversion to the request was rooted in her self doubt and confusion. That the murder of Kilgrave left her with the question; is she now a killer by nature?

• I love that the Jessica and Trish dynamic has not been forgotten. The bond between them was one of my favourite aspects of season one. I’m not sure what to think of their current dispute. It certainly raises an interesting question. On the one hand, she has no right to keep talking about Jessica’s story if it is making it more difficult for her to move on with her life. However, if Trish is right and her words are promoting tolerance towards ‘super’ should the personal preferences of one come before the community? Personally, I am on Team Jessica but I can see where Trish is coming from.

• Another aspect of the episode I enjoyed was the dynamic between Malcolm and Jessica. Jessica may renounce the title of hero, but she certainly has the instinct to save people as shown by her embracing Malcom’s presence after the death of Wizzer and a tender moment between them.

2x02
    Spoiler:
    • Simpson’s alive! Run Trish run! I wish I’d rewatched season one as I only remember his storyline in the vaguest of details.

• “With great power comes great mental illness”. As inappropriate as it may be that line made me laugh. It is the dark gritty nature of Jessica Jones encapsulated in one line.

• Is the new supervisor a love interest for Jessica? I thought I sensed a spark between them in the hallway. Plus, it seems as though they don’t want us to completely hate him; since wanting to maintain custody of your kid is a pretty understandable reason for keeping his distance and being an *******.

• Jessica’s loathing of Trish’s mother is completely understandable. What type of mother pimps her own kid out like that? It has been a while since I watched season one. Did they reveal this back in season one? I can only remember the first season mentioned the fact that her mother had been overly pushy and put a lot of pressure on Trish as a child.

• Is Jessica’s father the monster? The picture of a member of her family’s hand hanging out the window after the car crash reminded me of the flashback Jessica had in episode one. I’m ruling out her mother since the figure looked male and her brother would have been too young during what was presumably a flashback to her lost twenty days.

2x03
    Spoiler:
    • I can’t decide if the new super is the bigot Jessica thinks he is, or if he is truly acting as a protective parent wanting to ensure his kid isn’t endangered or taken away from him. We haven’t seen enough of him for me to truly decide, but the actor seems to be doing a good job so far. If he’s the bigot Jessica thinks he is then I’m going to end this season hating him. However, if he’s just a parent worried about his kid then he’s probably one of the most realistic characters on these shows.

• Yay for a Foggy appearance. Good to see him! Hopefully he’ll continue to pop up throughout the season.

• “You have often needed protection from your own vagina” ������

• I’m not the biggest Hogarth fan, but the actress playing her did an amazing job of conveying her fear and anxiety when she shared the news of her diagnosis with Jessica.

2x04
    Spoiler:
    • Loved the anger management session. The looks on their face as Jessica reveals her history was hilarious particularly after reassuring her that she was “the same as us” . I bet the counsellor will be careful about using that expression in future.

• They had me worried, for a second, the kid was going to fall out the window. Thank goodness Jessica was able to save him. I feel bad that it confirmed the Supers prejudice against her though . Oh wait, the kid told the truth and he learnt to accept her! Yay

• I was totally right about him being a love interest for Jessica! I’m glad that he was being truthful about the fact he was trying to act in the best interest of his kids rather than bigotry.

• I like assertive Malcom and so does Jessica it seems

• While the actress is doing a good job with the material provided I do wish Hogarth was more connected to the overall plot of the season. It almost feels as though she is on a seperate show of her own.

2x05
    Spoiler:
    • Ask and Ye Shall Receive. Awesome to see Hogarth becoming more integrated into the main storyline of the season.

• Holy Crapiscle Stick! Are we going to discover that Jessica has been implanted with Octopus DNA?

- - - Updated - - -

2x06
    Spoiler:
    • The scene between Jessica and the Super was pretty hot. What’s more, I found the use of the purple paint fascinating. Was it intended to foreshadow a future appearance by Kilgrave? Was it symbolic of the continued impact he has on her romantic and sexual choices?

• Props to the make up team for an excellent job of creating Trish’s strung out look. A further kudos to Rachael Taylor who is doing a great job of portraying her paranoia and erratic mood swings as she spirals into first addiction and then withdrawal.

• How could Jessica not recognise her own mother? Surely she’d have been old enough to have memories of what she looked like? At least I was half right that the figure from her flashback was a parent. I just thought it’d be her father instead of her mother.

2x07
    Spoiler:
    • So while they were able to cure the burn damage they weren’t able to give her the same appearance as before. At least that explains why Jessica did not recognise her own mother.

• It took until Jessica mentioned Trish should have been in college with her for me to realise that scene was also a flashback. Their fight outside the club was tough . Although the fact they came back from that shows the strength of their friendship lol.

• Sterling was a jerk and an utter user as shown by his willingness to allow those thugs to utilise Jessica, his decision to use her friendship with Trish to try and get money and encouraging her to break into that store. Poor Jessica carrying around the guilt for his death when it wasn’t her fault

- - - Updated - - -

2x08

Spoiler:
    • I have a lot of sympathy for Jessica’s mother. Last episode made it clear she kept away due to a fear for Jessica’s safety rather than abandonment. However, shitting on her childhood memories, as Jessica put it, was hardly the best way to handle their first proper talk. Poor Jessica

• Tris has led Malcolm back into addiction. The look of horror on his face when he realised what he’d done. Poor Malcolm

• Since I know Malcolm is a genuinely open guy I can appreciate his words, but I wish his advice that Hogarth’s partner come out wasn’t tainted by the fact he was manipulating him for dirt to use against the third partner.

• Oh crap! That shooter is going to wish they hadn’t woken the angry bear! Is it going to be someone working for the doctor who lied about loving Jessica’s mother? Or perhaps the rival PI back on the scene.
    Last edited by Bittersweettwit; 11-03-18 at 02:58 PM.
    Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bittersweettwit For This Useful Post:

Priceless (11-03-18)

Thanks

Spoiler:
    Just watcher Ep 4 and agree with the feeling that Hogarth is on a different show.

It would also appear that Malcolm in straight, I don't know why I thought he wasn't

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:
    I also wonder if Trish is going to get addicted the way Simpson did, now she's had a taste of power. And what's up with the Brit boyfriend, he's up to something bad. Trish should have trusted her intuition when she said she had terrible taste in me, because she really does lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Bittersweettwit (11-03-18)

Thanks

Just finished 2x06 and as Bittersweettwit has already mentioned
    Spoiler:
    I find it totally unbelievable that Jessica doesn't recognise her own mother the first moment she saw her. The accident was 17 years ago, JJ was a child, but old enough to remember her mum surely. Maybe her mums face has been totally rebuilt?

- - - Updated - - -

Episode 7 was strong
    Spoiler:
    I'm not sure if Stirling was betraying Jessica, or telling the truth when he said he was only trying to get away from the thugs. Either way, killing him was a bit harsh. But it was so well done, it did actually make me turn away, I couldn't watch it

- - - Updated - - -

Episode 8
    Spoiler:
    I am so annoyed with Trish, who is a recovering addict herself, for leading Malcolm back into it. But it will add something to her character next season, as the guilt will be horrible for her to bear. I also like that Malcolm is not as moral as he seemed to be. I wonder if this is Jessica's teaching rubbing off on him, and he's manipulating that guy so he can solve the case and look good in JJ's eyes. Really both Trish and Malcolm have been hurt because they both want to be JJ. It's really sad

Thanks

Episode 10 - Hogarth's situation is so moving here, and although we could perhaps see it coming, it was still shocking and upsetting. I am also really fed up with Trish. She is going to ruin everything, so desperate to be valued. Attacking Malcolm, after giving him drugs in a previous episode, is just unforgivable

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Bittersweettwit (17-03-18)

Thanks

Trish is a hot mess this season!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (17-03-18)

Thanks

Trish is a hot mess this season!
    And totally annoying. She's just getting in the way of JJ and her mission. She's going to get people killed. Have you watched it all? I've still got 3 to go.

I thought having the guard as a serial killer was a bit unnecessary - he could have been a sadist without that.

Thanks

Yeah. Finished it in 2 days.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (17-03-18)

Thanks

Is it always 'family' when we are dealing with female superheroes like JJ? Kilgrave was her lover, this season it's her mother. Are the families of male superheroes, those closest to them always suspect? It seems, that male superheroes get to commit revenge for the deaths of those they love, but with JJ it's about those close to her being the baddies.

I've enjoyed it so far (I'm upto ep 12) but it feels like it's always mum who's to blame. Is The Hands mother to blame? Or Luke Cage? Or Daredevil? They seem to fight things outside of themselves, while JJ seems to battle herself and her own family.

Am I totally misreading the show and the character? These are just random thoughts while watching the show

- - - Updated - - -

Unbelievable ending. Cannot believe Trish did that, nor that Jessica didn't smash her face in. What powers does Trish have now? Is she going to be the big bad for next season? I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks

The ending kinda reminded me of DareDevil, in that the main characters are growing apart. I think that their interaction was a big draw. SO am hoping it's not completely permanent.

Thanks

The ending kinda reminded me of DareDevil, in that the main characters are growing apart. I think that their interaction was a big draw. SO am hoping it's not completely permanent.
    I'm sort of hoping for the opposite, that Trish and JJ are now on opposite sides. I'm hoping Trish is the new big bad for next season